1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Masons?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ryan17wagner, Oct 24, 2007.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So like, if Anthony lied to Desmond?

Do they do something to make sure all Masons have horrifically ugly looking shooting forms?

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

do they tar and feather or just throw you down the Great Pit of Carkoon so that you will be devoured by Sarlacc?

3. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

DUDE, I'm not at liberty to say! :cool:

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Thus, you and I may be the only ones who knew you were not joking when you wrote ...

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The only Mason i've ever known was a convicted pedophile.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

7. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Maybe you guys are too young for this one, but this was the second thing I thought of after the Simpsons:

[​IMG]

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yeah right. I'd slap the white off a mason and make him tell me. I bet nothing happens.

9. Single Cell

Single Cell Member

Homer: Hey...have you ever noticed that the Crossing the Desert is
    a lot like the Unblinking Eye. And it's exactly like the
    Wreck of the Hesperus.

Number One: And now, the final ordeal: the Paddling of the Swollen
    Ass...With Paddles.

10. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Shhhh! You might get yourself kidnapped!

11. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

My cousin's dad is a Mason. He would show me his certification when I was in Hawaii. My ex's cousin was one...he was murdered under suspicious circumstances and they ruled it as a suicide. :(

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

they are a very mysterious organization. i dont think it is a coincidence that many of the founding fathers were masons. and so much of the architecture around d.c. is masonic imagery - there was a pretty interesting show in the history channel about that stuff.

i recently reread one of my favorite books for probably the 6th time - duel of eagles, which is about the texas revolution. santa anna and sam houston were both masons and the book claims that when santa anna was captured and brought before houston after san jacinto they were ready to execute him, but santa anna flashed the mason sign to houston and it spared his life, much to the chagrin of the men who wanted to string him up right there. houston and santa anna were both opium addicts and houston shared some of his w/ the general.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The creepy guy at the corner told me he was a mason, and he would grant me three wishes if I rubbed his belly.

14. meggoleggo

And was this creepy guy at the corner homeless, crazy, or any combination thereof?

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't think they're mysterious, just well-connected and secretive. The former trait is probaby due to their longevity; the latter is probably holdover from an historical fear of persecution by monarchies and/or theocracies, due to their spiritual (but religiously tolerant) nature.

Separately, I'm curious about the claim to execute Santa Anna. It seems Houston would have been prudent not to execute the Mexican head of state, but rather just secure Texas independence as terms Anna's surrender.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

santa anna's legacy was tarnished and he went back to mexico ashamed and died in poverty. One of the worst punishements for a general is to shame him and have him live with that.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

After my grandmother died, I helped my father clean out her house. We found a ceremonial sword with some strange symbols on it. I did some internet research and found it was a Masonic sword. I don't know where she got the sword though. I'm pretty sure neither her nor my grandfather were masons. Maybe her second husband was, or maybe she'd been cleaning out someone else garage and came across it. I know 50 years from now, my daughter will be cleaning out my house after I die and find this sword and wonder, was my dad a mason?

I had a coworker who was a mason. I asked him about it. It didn't sound all that secretive. Just a bunch of guys socializing, helping each other out, and doing charity. I do have a lodge down the street from me; maybe I should visit.

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Can you do that? Can you just pop into a lodge and say "Hey, what's up?"

19. meggoleggo

If he tells his coworker he's interested. The coworker can be his sponsor.

20. tomato

tomato Member

If he brandishes the sword and threatens them, he can duel the residing templar for status