1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Odom out opener

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by withmustard, Oct 24, 2007.

1. howe070523

howe070523 Member

Not this year. ;)

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

The guy who owned Shaq when he spun around him and dunked on Shaq's family. He's pretty much the next Hakeem.. yeah.. and THEN some.

:D :rolleyes:

3. newstart

newstart Member

No, notice the wording: It's EACH OTHER.

4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

thank you, i leave for 20 minutes and people are ready to hang me

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

What should I have said. It's up to you to assume i think bynum is as good as yao. I'm on this board for a reason. maybe you should give for fellow posters who support the same team the benefit of the doubt from time to time.

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

you're still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off in saying the gap b/t kobe and tmac is the same as yao and bynum.

basically, take a nap then your mind will be refreshed.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

It is what it is.

9. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Everybody is thinking way too much into this. Bynum, given minutes, might be able to produce a low digit double double. Let's say 15 and 10. Yao could have 25 and 10 but There is no telling what KOBE may score after losing his No.2 scoring option. Also, you know that KOBE is really gonna bring it, maybe a 40 game. Also, if Yao has that well of a game odds are Mcgrady probably won't be putting up 25 as well. REmember Bynum was an absolute beast in the beginning of last season while T-mac had the biggest slump of his career. I think every year tracy has been in houston he's started off pretty slow. I was just saying that those pairs will both be no.1 and no.2 options. I'm perfectly happy if it is a wash given how deep our bench is and how thin LA's is.

10. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

tmac is not the tmac of last yr. basically take out last yr. that's not how he's gonna play this year.

tmac may start out slow in previous seasons, but when he was healthy, a slow start for him is 25-26ppg and he progresses to like 29-30.

11. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Wait, but you don't honestly think Bynum IS as good as Yao, do you? I hope for your sake, you don't.

12. firezh

firezh Member

Mr Bynum lacks the mind of domination. He'll get owned by somebody tough-minded. like...errr...Dikembe...

13. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I think will be very good in a couple years. Pete Newell gave him the most improved big man ever at one of his camps award recently. that is pretty high praise and shows you his dedication. He reminds me of Luther Head as to their steady improvement, but bynum ceiling is so high because he's a 7 footer. Imagine if he ran a JVG offense for 36 minutes a game, 20 and 11 isn't far fetched.

14. JSub

JSub Member

Now you're backpedalling. Didnt you just say Bynum and Yao would cancel each other out?

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

he would be missing as many games as Yao did the past two years. Getting broken bones is what happens in the NBA to 7-footers that try to post up that many times a game. Unless you are part-man part-planet like Shaq.

16. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

kobe>>tmac
    yao>>bynum

I love tmac but kobe is just too good

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

watch some more basketball please.

so you're saying the gap b/t kobe and tmac = gap b/t yao and bynum.

kobe - 31, 4, 5; tmac, 25, 5, 7 on an off year

18. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

Yao and BYnum*10 will cancel each other out

19. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Honestly I don't think Bynum will ever cancel out Yao in their careers. In their respective primes.. at the very most it will be like Hakeem vs Robinson, and that's a huge compliment for Bynum.

20. Barkley

Barkley Member

Right now he's only 19. But damn, he really looks great. Pretty strong, athletic. Yao could have a lot of problems.