1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

poll: simms' injury. . . real or fake?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chievous minniefield, Dec 2, 2001.

Tags:
?

what really happened to simms?

1. simms really did hurt himself.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. brown or another coach gave the order for him to fake the injury to help him save face when they put

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. simms faked the injury on his own to be taken out of the game.

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

me and my friends at the game were trying to figure out exactly what happened with simms' "injury".

pick which of the above scenarios you think was the truth, and then tell me your opinion about what you think that says about brown or simms below.

- if you think simms really was hurt, you need not explain that.

- if you think brown or some UT coach ordered simms to fake the injury, tell your opinion about that.

- if you think simms faked the injury on his own, tell your opinion about that.

for instance, if simms decided to fake the injury on his own, does that mean that he's a titty-baby quitter, or does that mean that he's a stand-up guy who put the team's needs before his own ego?

I'll share the following to help you decide:

- no medical staff were paying any attention at any point to simms on the sideline post-"injury"

- just before the second half, simms [with the injury to his throwing hand] was throwing bullets while he was warming up.

let me hear what you think.

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I think he might have been shaken up, but pulled himself out of the game after hearing boos.

It didn't look severe and I'm sure he could have come back at anytime.

You should have another category for shaken up.

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I think he was hurt a bit but expected to get back in the game...once major came in and scored, the only choice was to stick with him.

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

He broke a nail. ;)

He prob was a little hurt, but if he had a good game, he would have stayed in and "toughed" it out.

I think he pulled himself out to save face, whatever face he still had.

5. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

I think his feelings were hurt.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Awww...the poor baby might declare for the NFL.

I hate reading the Texas boards because if you're critical of Simms, you will be called a flamer.

Seriously, those "die-hards" need take off the burnt orange glasses.

We are the joke of college football. Florida lost minutes before kickoff. All we needed was to win. We played better than CU. Just look at the numbers.

Simms cost us the game. I don't care if his feelings were hurt. I hope he understands the fans aren't against him, but are against his ****ty performance.

7. haven

haven Member

I think it was a combination of both.

Was he hurt? Yep. Did he need to come out? Probably. Could he have gone back in after a possession or so? I'd guess so.

You couldn't put him in after Major's 79 yard TD pass. There would have been a riot.