1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where does Denver stand this year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yobod, Sep 17, 2007.

1. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

well, i don't care who you think you make look stupid. new members don't always equal to not knowing the nba. the nuggets are not coming close to winning 55 games this year, will not win their division, and certainly will not get out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

remember it, write it down, record it, I don't give a ? damn, i have smokey on my mind, i guess.

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

What Nuggets4 was implying was that new members usually don't know sh*t about him, or his track record of posting here for 8+ years in an intelligent and balanced manner. In your case, he's exactly right.

And yes, you already look stupid.

3. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

This MB is messed up! Most of the people who have been members here for awhile are so disrespectful to newer members like myself. I can tell from some people's writing style that they also post messages on Fran Blinebury's & Jonathan Feigen's blogs and are disrespectful to them as well.

Here is an example..................

"Now the only question I have for you is your opinion. Would you be in favor of a Kobe for Tmac plus filler trade?

[Thanks for checking in from Dreamland. --Fran]"

You coward. You are afraid to go on record with your opinion TODAY. You keep saying you said this or that a year ago. Well a lot of people weren't here a year ago. What's your opinion today? Too scared to go on record like RJ did a few days ago.

[I was on the record with that opinion a year ago. Get Mommy to look it up and read it to you. XOXO --Fran]

Posted by: Will at October 16, 2007 03:49 PM

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Only the ones that talk sh*t about other members that they know nothing about. We all paid our dues. Give respect to get it.

5. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

That don't make any kind of sense. You think that because you have been a member for awhile, then your opinion can't be challenged by a new member? Give me a break!

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Meanwhile, back on real subject matter:

Nuggets4, I noticed K-Mart got his first floor time in a while tonight and had a decent stat line. How did he look out there?

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Did I say that? read my damn posts man. What I said was that new members shouldn't make judgements and accusations towards guys that have been here awhile that they don't even know. Here's a review for you so you might understand what the hell is going on:

This is what ThePrivate said:

And he was totally wrong.

Nuggets4 defended his rep with:

Then ThePrivate came back with:

Which I hope you can see had nothing to do with what Nuggets4 was actually talking about. And that's when i came in and clarified.

Understand now?

8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

challenge every opinion yah need to, i enjoy a good debate.

this stuff, "This MB is messed up!" probably won't win or influence new friends.

yes, there are some smug older posters that revel in making rookies uncomfortable. make your point and move on, the objective reader will appreciate a solid contribution way more than the condescension some fall back on to cover weak points.

as a message board aficionado, this board, clutchfans.net, is as fine as they come. Welcome!

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yeah, Im on nuggets4 side, he is a nice guy who is very realistic when he talks about the nuggets, the rockets and the NBA in general. he is more realistic than some members who are fans of the rockets.

10. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Who cares about the Nuggets? I mean, it is not as if they have a track record for being championship contenders. I can see discussing maybe the top 4 teams in the west, but a 6th or 7th seed team? Discussing the Rockies is more interesting than the Nuggets.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Then do us all a favor and don't post in this thread. Thanks in advance.

12. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Another poster who can't mind his own damn business!

His 1st post on this thread topic and he gets all defensive.

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

You're calling him out for "butting into" this thread and being defensive? Did you see your first post in this topic?

Man, what a hypocritical little newbie you are.

14. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Hey guys! How bout them Nuggets?

Anyways, my take on them is that they're probably the best team after the top 5 of the NBA (Rockets, Spurs, Phx, Dallas, Utah). Meaning if they move to the East, they're probably gonna meet one of us 5 teams in the Finals. However they'd have to get extremely lucky to get out of the 1st round because pure talent (altho abundant) isn't gonna cut it. The AI deal was a failure IMO.

And this is with everyone Healthy.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I care about the NBA and the Nuggets have two of my favorite players. Like someone said, if you don't like the thread feel free to leave. There is a reason this forum is titled "NBA Dish". This is exactly where other teams and players get discussed. There is no rule that says a team must be projected to be in the top 4 in order to be discussed here. Believe it or not, there are people that discuss topics in the NBA that don't interest you.

Please go to the Hangout and discuss the Rockies all you want so we can keep this thread on topic.

16. kikiscafe

kikiscafe Member

Dude.. just chill... you making yourself like an a$$hole..

17. George Gervin

George Gervin Member

can i get tonight's lotto numbers? :rolleyes:

18. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

This thread is awesome.

Sadly, I didn't get to watch the game (f*cking Altitude... the owner of the team OWNS the damn TV station but he's too busy showing, I swear to God, go-kart racing), but from what I heard from people who were at it, he looked like vintage Kenyon. Athletic as hell, not much of an offensive game outside of crashing the boards and hustle points. His scoring numbers will go down because he doesn't have an oop-PG like Kidd or Dre, but he still should be able to get 10 ppg when he gets up to full-time minutes. I wouldn't expect to see him for more than 15 minutes a game until January or February. The team is VERY cautious with his knees.

BTW, if anyone's curious, the Nugs play the Pistons on NBATV tonight at 5 pm Mountain (6 in the Central).

EDIT: missed this comment

I have two questions about this post (and these are curiosity questions which sadly, I have to point out thanks to the tone of this last page of the thread, not flame questions).

1.) What makes you think Utah is better than Denver?
    2.) Why do you think the AI deal was a failure?

As for #2, I'll be the first to admit that AI pressed too hard in the playoffs. I don't want to say he choked, because he didn't, but he didn't play well. He tightened up and tried to take over even though Melo was just abusing Bowen. Up until the playoffs though, he was phenomenal. I'll take the larger body of work as a sample size instead of the 5 against SA. I think AI's scoring is coming down this year (~20-22 ppg), but his assists will go up (~8 apg).

#78 Nuggets4, Oct 17, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  19. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Just read that Rex Chapman is trying to get Karl to put out the following lineup for 5 minutes at a time:

* AI
    * Melo
    * K-Mart
    * Nene
    * Camby

He's arguing that it'd be the best rebounding lineup in the league. He's ignoring the fact that it would be the worst shooting lineup in the league. Then again, our regular lineup isn't much better, so maybe it's worth a shot.

Staff is split over whether AI can be the answer at the point. If he can, it allows us to start JR or Von and have more size in the backcourt. If he can't, say hello to Atkins and Anthony Carter.

20. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Yo why you gotta flame on me like dat? :D

1. I think Utah is more efficient and they can match up very well against Denver. Plus it helps that they have a better coach (IMO), and D-Will and Snoozer can really abuse on their PG and PF. If Utah can get Denver to play their tempo I think it'd be pretty much over. That's if they meet in the playoffs.

2. I think all AI did was bring more attention to the team and maybe sell more tickets. As far as playoff success I don't think the Answer is the answer.