1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ps2 Broadband?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket101, Nov 27, 2001.

1. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

Anybody have a confirmed date as to when Sony will release a broadband modem for the Playstation 2?

Whats taking Sony so long?

2. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I dont know either. I asked about this at the tale end of a thread, so I was about to make a thread about it. I heard it all was supposed to come out in November but havent heard anything since then(April). Im dying to get a cable modem inside this beautiful black machine.

3. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

I dont have a PS2 and dont know much about them so could somebody please tell me why the hell you would put a modem in your PS2?

4. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

1. Online gaming, be able to play with multiple users across the world and if its a broadband connection - fast internet game play!

2. Download demos off the net straight into the Sony Playstation 2 ( Sony also said they were going to have a harddrive available so you can save these demos and anything else you want saved!)

3. Browse the internet, play and download mp3's, post on Clutchcity BBS.

I've heard so many conflicting rumors about what sony is planning to do with these technologies; one of the latest is they are going to wait to implement them until the ps3 comes out sometime around 2004 - 2006!!! :mad:

Unfortunately I think the xbox can already do all these things. :(

#4 Rocket101, Nov 27, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2001
  5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I love Microsoft :D

6. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

[​IMG]

:)

7. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Hey I never knew Jeff visited Washington.

8. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

no no no, I'm pretty sure that ain't jeff.

but i do have one picture that I was able to find of him when he found out that we lost the first referendum to build a new arena for the Rockets.

Here it is....

[​IMG]

Jeff wasn't to happy that day.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Where the heck is Jeff nowadays? Mango too?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Any Idea how this works and how much it will cost?

11. IVFL

IVFL Member

I thought that was a picture of bill gates. . . . . I go to school in Idaho and their is a pretty big rivalry between Idaho and BSU any way there were these shirts that said "BSU's problem is obvious" and it had a picture like this one.

I would trade Bill gates name with Bsu to sum up my feelings of him and Microsoft.:mad: :mad: :mad:

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Never understood the idea of consoles once PC gaming took off. What can't you do on PC? Everything is better on the PC.

Clarification?

13. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

The biggest problem is every computer is different and when u get a computer game you never know if its going to work on your computer. With a console you don't have that problem. There are usually no bugs.

14. red

red Contributing Member

furthermore...can you and your fiends sit around your computer and play a 4 player game...uhh no

i i know you can get online and all play the same game together but thats not the same as all sitting on a couch verbally trash talking without having to pause game and type something in, all while doing this on a big screen tv...

15. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

That's exactly why I love console gaming :D

I have a pretty nice computer for browsing the web, checking e-mail, word processing etc...

However, I have trouble playing games. Have you ever played a game with severe lag and its not your connection? That absolutely sucks. I also hate the fact that you have to keep upgrading to get the most out of the games.

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Exactly. Me and my friends get together to play NBA Street on a big screen and its just awesome. Lets see someone do that on the computer.

17. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

You have friends??? ;)

Haha, just kidding.

About the console thing -- that is the biggest reason: multiplayer. Supposedly, it's considered perfect for sports games, etc., which people like to play together. On the other hand, RPGs are better on computers, which is why sites like Ultima Underworld (or something like that) actually made a profit with online gaming.