1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People in my hometown are racist dicks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hydra, Nov 26, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Hydra

Hydra Member

I was looking in the paper this morning and I read a column on a proposal to change the name of one of our streets from El Dorado Street to Martin Luther King Jr. Way. I personally had no opinion on this one way or the other. Then as I get near the bottom of the column, the columnist put in some quotes from the locals on the proposal. One jagoff named Klaus Sorensen had this to say:

To me this is very disturbing, I can only imagine how much it would hurt an African-American to read this, being so much closer to Dr. King. I am ashamed to share a town (Stockton, CA) with this idiot. **** YOU KLAUS!!!:mad:

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, at least you share the same hometown as Chris Isaak, I believe.

Yeah, that's pretty horrible.

3. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Pssst, RM95, we're trying to make him feel better.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

People are like that.

5. Hydra

Hydra Member

LOL, mission accomplished BK. :)

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I know a girl who went to college with me (Arkansas State) who was from Stockton, CA. She is biracial (black & white) and she said a lot of the time she gets stares and stuff in public for her complexion and she also said that mixed racial couple get many stares and funny faces as well. What's wrong with these folks in Stockton?

7. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

People are ****ed up about that ****. I figured dating an Asian girl would be no big deal, until I tried it. I was pretty wrong about that one.

Hydra, you oughta write that guy a letter asking him how he enjoyed his time in the Hitler Youth Brigade. **** that guy and **** anyone who agrees with him.

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

They were probably wondering what an ugly dude like you was doing with a pretty little asian girl.

;)

9. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I have NEVER agreed with BK more than I do right now. :D

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Well that's one place I'm never going. They'd probably throw me in jail for trying to choke the life out of the guy. By the way I bow to the altar of Kagy because that was a hilarious rant! :D

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I would imagine (unfortunately) that you would find the same racist (black, white or brown) in almost every town in America. Stockton is not unique.

12. haven

haven Member

Yeah, I agree, bobrek.

No matter how much we would like to believe that racism has been isolated to a few tiny towns in Alabama, it's still everywhere.

People like to believe they're "good." If they don't have many positive qualities on their own, they try to invest goodness in a group in which they possess solidarity. Race, nationality, political afiliation... whatever.

Sad, but true.

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

But most likely most towns won't let their newspapers get away with racist comments without an uproar.

14. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I'm an Asian guy who has dated anglo women and I can honestly say I've never gotten any stares. That's a good thing.

15. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Racism is so spupid. Here is a funny cartoon about racism:
    [​IMG]