1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Panathinaikos picks up another former NBA player.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by cskerlecz, Sep 25, 2007.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

This "Euro Kobe" nickname is making my morning over here. Talk about starting the day in a good mood! I'm guessing they mean that VGina is as talented as Kobe was when he was living in Italy as a kid. It's a great nickname, though. I keep thinking of the marketing possibilities:

Euro Kobe: Nowhere near as talented, but 100% less rapey!

2. Rockets Dynasty

Look for yourself and play the game where in the list is Michael Batiste?:

All-Euroleague 1st teams through the years...

2006-2007

PG Dimitrios Diamantidis
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro
    SF Trajan Langdon
    PF Luis Scola
    C Nikola Vujcic

2005-2006

PG Theodoros Papaloukas
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro
    SF Anthony Parker
    PF Luis Scola
    C Nikola Vujcic

2004-2005

PG Sarunas Jasikevicius
    SG Arvydas Macijauskas
    SF Anthony Parker
    PF David Andersen
    C Nikola Vujcic

2003-2004

PG Sarunas Jasikevicius
    SG Marcus Brown
    SF Dejan Bodiroga
    PF Mirsad Turkcan
    C Arvydas Sabonis

2002-2003

PG Tyus Edney
    SG Alfonso Ford
    SF Dejan Bodiroga
    PF Jorge Garbajosa
    C Victor Alexander

2001-2002

PG Tyus Edney
    SG Marko Jaric
    SF Emanuel Ginobili
    PF Dejan Bodiroga
    C Dejan Tomasevic

There really is nothing that Sam Fisher can figure out and apparently none of the members here knows anything about Euroleague or maybe we should call it "Euroleague".

As Sam and apparently several others here cannot grasp no matter how many times it is explained to them.

I actually was just waiting for someone else to pint this out. Hey Sam doesn't even know that Greece is just one country in Europe obviously but whatever most people here argue he's right and I am wrong.

But hey it's obvious hardly anyone here even knows what the Euroleague even is.

All-Euroleague 1st teams through the years..

2006-2007

PG Dimitrios Diamantidis
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro
    SF Trajan Langdon
    PF Luis Scola
    C Nikola Vujcic

2005-2006

PG Theodoros Papaloukas
    SG Juan Carlos Navarro
    SF Anthony Parker
    PF Luis Scola
    C Nikola Vujcic

2004-2005

PG Sarunas Jasikevicius
    SG Arvydas Macijauskas
    SF Anthony Parker
    PF David Andersen
    C Nikola Vujcic

2003-2004

PG Sarunas Jasikevicius
    SG Marcus Brown
    SF Dejan Bodiroga
    PF Mirsad Turkcan
    C Arvydas Sabonis

2002-2003

PG Tyus Edney
    SG Alfonso Ford
    SF Dejan Bodiroga
    PF Jorge Garbajosa
    C Victor Alexander

2001-2002

PG Tyus Edney
    SG Marko Jaric
    SF Emanuel Ginobili
    PF Dejan Bodiroga
    C Dejan Tomasevic

Batiste is clearly "the best PF in Europe" the "best post player in Europe" and an undeniable "star". Clearly of course Scola wasn't even there.

Never mind the CURRENT BEST PF is Matjaz Smodis. Facts like this mean nothing at all when the 4th best player on Panathinaikos magically becomes the best player on the team because Sam Fisher says so! Even better than Dimitrios Diamantidis and Sarunas Jasekvicius!

Also clearly he is best player on his own team even though the actual facts dispute this (players bolded above are Batiste's teammates on Panathinaikos FYI). But hey, someone said I could not "handle the facts."

Yeah and again it looks like Luis Scola was the best PF in the EUROLEAGUE not Mike Batiste and Scola's teammate Dejan Tomasevic is actually on the list at "big man Euro star" but hey no Batiste imagine that???, but hey Sam is the master of manipulating facts here and apparently is immune from being banned no matter what crap he pulls or how often he does it, even when he constantly lies and constantly manipulates facts.

Never mind that Demos Dikoudis the backup PF on Panathinaikos actually was the GREEK MVP before and led the league in rebounding and scoring but you know Batiste got PF of year in Greece woohoo! Not MVP just PF of year! I mean he's a "star" the "best PF in Europe" the best "post player in Europe."

Of course the fact that his backup has actually led the league in scoring and rebounding before and been MVP but hey Batiste was 17th in the league in scoring 10th in rebounds!! OMG! So I guess Dikoudis is the greatest PF ever!

I mean Dikoudis was first in scoring, rebounds and MVP of the league before! But he's just "Euro trash" but Batiste you know he once was best PF in Greece and once was 17th in the league in scoring and 10th in rebounding!

Hey if the Sheeple flock follow it, keep doing what works right? Don't let actual facts get in the way and anyone that presents them......CRUSH THEM!

See according to Sam the Rockets pulled one on on, well actually the Spurs on the Rockets. You know supposedly Luis Scola as the actual first team Euroleague PF................. well guess what that was a LIE!

He really wasn't! Sam Fisher uncovered this with his great research skills. Even though Luis Scola was the all Euroleague first team PF the last two years, well you know according to Sam it was actually Mike Batiste.

3. Rockets Dynasty

What a shock, Sam Fisher once again caught liying and twisting facts and skewing the truth on the forum and magically 1,2,3..............

suddenly a post by one of his flock appears with juvenile and poorly veiled lame humor in a weak attempt to deflect the fact that Sam just got caught outright lying AGAIN.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ewe go flock yourself ewe big lamb.

I am going to retire to my local barn and start practicing my skills at dribbling and throwing passes to nowhere. This skill set has allowed the EUROKOBE, the horrific NBA failure Vagisil Spanoulis, to generate legions and legions of groin-danglers like Rockets_Scientologist_Pana, and has resulted in ALL EUROLEAGUE accolades for NBA scrub Mike Batiste - probably the best post-payer in Europe. . I figure even though I suck at B-ball and am allergic to hay, I can at least try out for PAO and become the EURO-RYAN BOWEN.

PS thank you for reminding me that yet another NBA failure like Trajan Langdon has managed to become a dominant force in the watered-down Euroleague. LOL, at least he is not out on the street corner panhandling.

#84 SamFisher, Oct 1, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  5. Rockets Dynasty

Mike Batiste was NEVER the first team all-Euro team PF and you said he was. He NEVER was. It NEVER happened. You have the REAL list provided for you and of course our own Scola was in fact the first team Euroleague PF the last two years. FACT straight from the Euroleague itself.

I even gave you an out, trying to explain to you that the list you cited was an award based on team finish as in Final Four, BUT NO you continued on propagating what you knew was a lie and in the process once again tricked some people into believing it, which again does nothing but ruin the forum.

You tricked others here into believing it. You were called on it. It was pretty ballsy I admit that you even tried it when the actual first team PF of the Euroleague the last two years is a Houston Rocket named Luis Scola and most fans here actually already knew that.

Yet even being called on it you won't apologize for clearly posting something that was an intentional lie? It's OK Sam you can apologize, you can do it.

Come on Sam you can do it!

[​IMG]

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

Ever heard of "fact checking"?

http://www.eurobasket.com/events/eluleb/06-07/eurol.asp

Do you just wake up in the morning and think to yourself "what can I post on CF.net today that will make me look like more of a rambling idiot than the day before"?

7. Rockets Dynasty

8. scola

scola Member

9. Rockets Dynasty

Let's see how many times it takes this to sink into posters here. It's been told to them like 20 times already and they still don't get it. I guess they REALLY do believe ANYTHING that Sam "Trustworthy" Fisher tells them. :rolleyes:

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

But if Baptiste is maybe fourth best on his own team, how do you explain that the official Euroleague site ranked him #13 in the league overall last year?

And that he led his team in what are arguably the two most important categories, scoring and rebouding?

Man, I see why Luis Scola wanted to get out of Euroball so desperately -- how much of an honor is it to be on an award list next to an NBA washout like Langdon?

11. Rockets Dynasty

#1 how did Sam get he's the best big man in Europe when he's ranked #13 player? And why did everyone defend him for that statement?

#2 He's the 4th best player on his own team (maybe ok maybe) because 3 players are better than him.

Is this really Rocket science here?

Jasekivicius
    Diamantidis
    Spanoulis

They all play on Panathinaikos and all 3 are without question without even any debate at all better than Batiste is.

Now you seem confused by this concept. Well it's because like Sam Ugly American Fisher you never actually bothered to know what the hell you were talking about.

How can a good Euroleague PF be the 4th best player on his own team?

Because Panathinaikos is dominant VERY dominant. That's why. They went 36-3 in Greece and won the national title and the cup championship.

In Euroleague they won the championship making them Triple Crown Champions. This might as well be called a 3-Peat in NBA terms.

They were already the best team in Europe and ADDED Spanoulis in place of Siska. Siska is probably the best or 2nd best SF in Europe. But Spanoulis is better than him. They made a HUGE upgrade in offense there. They added one of the best rookies Euroleague ever saw with Spanoulis.

Then they added Jasekivicius. In Euroleague you might as well call him Magic Johnson. It is probably the biggest signing in Europe since Dominique also signed with Panathinaikos.

Also, there are many who wonder if this Panathinaikos team is simply the greatest team ever assembled in Europe. Most agree it is on paper by far but worry as Scola says with CSKA Moscow having such an advantage up front. Which also directly disputes the Batiste is so dominant as a big argument as Fisher falsely asserts.

Also, what refutes it is that everyone knows Panathinaikos is built almost entirely on its guards.

Dimitrios Diamantidis is like Bruce Bowen with offensive feel for the game. If anyone thinks Batiste is better than him they are smoking some REALLY REALLY good stuff.

See, Panathinaikos has 28 Greek Championships and 10 Greek Cup titles. They have 4 Euroleague championships since the final 16 round robin which is the all time record.

Hatziverttas has averaged 22.2 points. Vujanic averaged 25.8 points. Becirovic averaged like 18-19 I think before. And we are talking 40 minute games here. These are role players on the team. Bench players even.

They have some guys that don't even play that are legends in Europe. Vujanic won't even play until Euroleague. You have a guy that has been FIBA World Champ Euroleague scoring champ, NBA draft pick, etc and they just gave him half the year off because the team is so deep they do not even need him.

Kennedy Winston was another player they signed that is probably now supplanted Batiste on the offense option list already.

Probably 11 or 12 players on the team would start for even top 16 teams in Euroleague, and on Panathinaikos many of them don't even half to play.

Batiste is probably the 4 or 5 option on the team. Let's put it this way, 4 of the top 5 pick and roll players on the continent at guard are all on the team.

They have bigs that run an outside pick and roll with Spanoulis that is unstoppable. You know the same play Greece's national team beat Team USA with?

Basically, it's the greatest collection of talent assembled ever in Europe on paper at least and the only weakness is the BIGS matching up with CSKA Moscow, where Fisher asserts that's the strength of the team.

Why do people think Spanoulis was so eager to go back there? Oh yeah, it's because he's "Euro trash." Nothing to do with the fact that he came from the super elite franchise of FIBA.

That "barn" that Panathinaikos plays in has 18,900 for sellouts and can go to 20,000. They can get 19,000-20,000 for Euroleague Final Four games. But of course they use "goats to keep score while playing on the loft".

And your comment on Langdon, funny everyone said the same thing about Anthony Parker, how can that "NBA wash out" be an MVP there he could not even play in the NBA."

Well he didn't get a chance in the NBA. Funny when he got a chance in the NBA he didn't do too bad. like 12/4 regular season on a 47 win team and 15/5 in the playoffs. But according to all the American basketball gurus he "could not even play in the NBA".

It's abut as bright as the people that keep saying Spanoulis can't because he never got a chance to play. All of a sudden the myriad of "Parker can't play in the NBA" talk just ended once he actually got a chance to play.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No, LOL, u r BBall_Scientist.

13. SamFisher

That is a great observation, the taint of failure runs strong in the Euroleague, I mean when it is a confirmed fact that Mike Batiste is all Euroleague first team.....wow.

No question, Scola saw the writing on the wall, and joined guys like Garbajosa and Calderon in fleeing the disaster that is Euroleague. NBA trash might be Euro treasure, but it still stanks like sheep dung.

14. Rockets Dynasty

So many times does he get to lie and get away with it?

15. SamFisher

[​IMG]

Forever.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

I ask again, because this just isn't sinking in with you. Set your bizarre fixation with SamFisher aside for a second. Please concentrate on THIS question and this question ONLY:

If Baptiste is only the team's 4th best player, how did he lead the team in both scoring and rebounding? Magic?

I *defy* you to answer that question and talk about nothing else in your post.

#96 topfive, Oct 1, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  17. scola

scola Member

I think Rockets Dynasty means that Batiste is the fourth best player now that Jasikevicius and Spanoulis join his team.

He considers Jasikevicius, Spanoulis and Diamantidis better than him...

Anyway, whats the point of this discussion?

Batiste is among the best Power Forwards in Europe. He never was in the All-Euroleague first team though.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Apparently, RD got banned again, he should have listened...........

DD

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Thanks for the insider info, DD. Let's hope it's true.

NOTE TO SCOLA (AND EVERYONE):

I think I speak for Codell and B-Bob and the rest of us who were obviously irritated by RD/BBS/KBP's postings regarding VSpan and Euroball (maybe even SamFisher) when I say that I have absolutely nothing against European basketball. Sure, I think the players are for the most part nowhere near as good as NBA players. Of course I think only has-been or never-were NBA players end up there. Still, non-USA basketball gets better every year and most true basketball fans welcome the influence other parts of the world bring.

Scola (the ClutchFan member, not the key part of this year's Western Conference finalist Rockets team) is someone with whom I'm sure I could have honest, level-headed discussions about Euroleague basketball. RD/BBS/KBP, on the other hand, has such a smug, condescending style of "discussing" that I find it impossible to have normal exchanges with him. He's like an overfilled balloon, and I feel compelled to poke him to contribute to his eventual exploding.

Things should get back to normal around here now. Until, of course, yet another mysterious new account begins posting long, rambling diatribes about VSpan's obvious brillance.

20. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

a lot of guys in this thread now can be very proud of themselves... :rolleyes:

the way this discussion went was pretty classless, on both sides. and i find it sad that the mods / admins didn't take action earlier. such stuff should not happen on a premier bbs like this one.

just my 0.02 $.