1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sonny Vaccaro on T-Mac: The Most Naturally Gifted

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Rockets Dynasty

I agree Okur may be the most underrated defender in the league. He's some Turkish white dude so he must be a poor defender. That's the only thing I can surmise as a reason why people come up with this attitude about his defense.

He's a very good defensive player.

2. IMissJVG

IMissJVG Rookie

Sonny Vaccaro was being a little harsh. If he's talking about T-Mac's recent performances, they can clearly be attributed to injuries. I think what should be noted though is that the specific question he answered was "Who is your favorite athlete?" T-Mac must be his favorite then despite what he said.

But this year, T-Mac is going to be back. He's not going to go down for any significant time from his back because of the Patterson guy.

There's only one thing he needs to improve in, and it's his jumpshot. That's the final step to becoming a true superstar and borderline legendary status. Jordan and Kobe became unstoppable once their jumpshots became video game automatic.

3. AkeemTheDreem86

It smells like YOF in here.

4. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

One more thing. Remember during the past when T-Mac publicly whined about his saftey in playing in New Orleans?

T-Mac, um, these people in New Orleans have just as much of a need as those people in Dafur. And in the greatest recent American tragedy ie New Orleans, you once agained said something so dumb and insensitve, publicly whining about your own safety in playing at New Orleans.

And now, you want to pose as some global Humanitarian Nobel Prize wannabe?

Give me a break!!

T-Mac, just go play some basketball, and play well. geez.

5. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

Then it must smell like truth. :D ( and not the stench of PC or bs. ) :D

6. Rockets Dynasty

Two of the dumbest quotes ever said in NBA playoffs were "It feels good to finally be in the second round" and "It's all on me."

Both were said by T-Mac. After saying it's all on me and losing last year he looked like a fool I admit it. And I am as huge a T-Mac fan as anyone. Been one since his early Orlando days. But he's clearly damaged his image a lot and now most people just laugh at the first round jinx.

7. AkeemTheDreem86

Truth is you double posted AND quoted yourself at the same time.
    Truth is Yao (and rebounding in general) is the reason we lost to the Jazz. (He's my favorite player, so don't call me a TOF or whatever.)

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Oh damn, he cried therefore he must be a loser! Wake up, man. He tried his best and he didn't get out of the first round, so of course he's frustrated. So what if he cried? I can't believe that you are using this as one of your arguments.

His big ego and selfishness? Maybe, if you call McGrady passing the ball to his open teammates selfish. If you call deferring to Yao selfish. He did all he could and they still didn't get out of the first round. He did not try to bolster his stats at all, and he had no problems giving up the ball to his teammates. I don't know where you're coming from.

This post reeks of bias and YOFism. Yeah sure, put McGrady down so that we can all see the greatness of Yao.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hey, yao_fan, I am a fan of Yao too. But please tell me, what was our winning percentage when Yao was out on injury. And what was our winning percentage when T-Mac was out on injury. Then tell me who's the winner and who's the loser.

10. Rockets Dynasty

This nonsense is ridiculous. Anyone on this forum calls it like fact that JVG was a horrible coach last year and that players like Wells and Spanoulis were screwed they are a "Spanoulis nut rider" or a "JVG hater."

Now we have people telling it like it is with T-mac on this issue IN QUESTION on the TOPIC IN DISCUSSION that the person himself in the interview talked about.........

Anyone stating what is true that T-Mac has been an underachiever or admitted to taking off entire games before is now being labeled a "Yao Only Fan".

This crap is as absurd as the BS that anyone questioning Bush is "Anti-American" or "hates the troops" and whatever other garbage people can think up.

You know the very underhanded practice of using labels as a way to divide and control the way people express themselves is a tell tale sign that the person doing so lacks the intellectual capacity to form a well-constructed argument of their own or to even formulate their own thoughts.

On the other hand though, it's REAL easy to get all defensive if you get labeled a "T-Mac Only Fan" and act all offended by all those "Chinese people you know all the ones over in China, the Chinese China people. They all worship Yao. That's why he's like always gettin' all those all-star votes ya know."

I don't see one statement here that suggests any T-Mac hating or Yao loving. NONE.

As for myself, I am more than willing to give T-Mac credit that his problems were because he had the 2nd worst offensive coach in the NBA and all the people that still cannot accept that have their heads in the sand and just like throwing around labels like "JVG basher". However, this year he better get it done.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

If you can't see anyone hating on T-Mac, especially when one of the people dissing him has 'yao_fan_2007' as his moniker, then you must be pretty blind.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is your condition permanent? Do you have a terminal affliction? If these posts just burst forth without your conscious knowledge, then you might want to seek professional help. If you know what you're doing, you really should consider professional help. With all due respect. Heck, maybe you're just beyond help. Never mind.

13. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

I knew some idiot would attack me. I just knew it. LOL.

14. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

In the past, I've called T-Mac a better player than Yao Ming. And he really is. He's way more dynamic, way more atheletic.

But I also see a guy who at times is weak, insecure, unreliable, wishy-washy, immature, and super needy egostical human being in T-Mac. Is that hating on him because I observe these things?

I think JVG would agree with many of the things I say. In fact, JVG has said many of the same things about T-Mac, although not quite as straight-forward.

Anyway, I'm done here. I always love to rag on those WORTHY of ragging. And I always LOVE praising those that are WORTHY of praise.

15. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

wow..........just....wow. If no one else in here put him in their ignore list then I feel sorry that you'll have to waste time seeing imbecilic posts like this in the future.

16. AkeemTheDreem86

You're kidding, right?

I don't feel like arguing with you, but don't get all high and mighty like someone's undeservingly getting flamed here, aight? Have you ever actually read this guy's pervious posts?

17. Rockets Dynasty

I don't see any hating at all on T-Mac in his posts. Sorry NONE. And I am a BIG T-Mac fan man. I was so freaking ecstatic when the Rockets got him. Most Rockets fans I talked to thought I was crazy trying to tell people they didn't realize just how damn good he really is.

But with that being said I see nothing wrong with Yao_Fan_2007's posts here.

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't know if I'll complain about how hard he works. None of us know how hard he works. And could working harder break down his body even more? He has been awfully fragile, but maybe it is the lack of work ethic that has caused him to break down physically at times.

19. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

You people have go to be kidding, right? what about the Darfur comment was wrong?

On the one hand, we have a T-Mac who insensitively states that he is worried about his safety while playing in New Orleans. Meanwhile, the poor people in New Orleans live in utter poverty, and misery, most of it due to the failure of the USA govn't to properly handle such a national crisis.

And this multi-millionaire insensitively bashes New Orleans and the people?

On the other hand, we have a T-Mac who just returns from a week's visit into Darfur, even bringing along a camera crew to record everything. In other words, he's trying to shore up public attention to himself as some great global humanitarian. And he says ridiculous comments that make him look just ignorant.

Who is T-Mac trying to kid? Yeah, it's great that you're trying to use your fame and wealth, if it's your genuine purpose. But I hope it's not some poor attempt to bolster your public image or something.

But if you really cared so much about suffering people, why the hell did you say what you said about New Orleans?

You'd think that Darfur was much more dangerous than New Orleans. LOL. Or maybe T-Mac is too clueless to realize this.

Just play ball, T-Mac. and play well.

20. dsounG

dsounG Member

Uhh, my friend wanted to reply...

T-Mac had one of the best overall games in his career in game 7, netting 29/15/5/2 on 12-25 shooting. What made his performance so great was that he, for the 4th time in the series, was forced to carry the team from the 2nd to 4th quarter after the Rockets went down big due to Yao being the focal point early in the game (which has yet to work, see record without T-Mac past 2 years). He brougt the team back from 16 down, and led 2 huge charges to get team ahead. He was benched after he got team up by 5, Yao started getting on a roll and had 14 4th quarter points, and they kept feeding the hot hand down the stretch. Offense was not the problem in game 7, nor was T-Mac's "loser" mentality...it was defensive rebounding and Okur's huge 3's down the stretch.

He has the 3rd highest PPG average in NBA playoff history, and he can't help things like his team losing after he drops 46pts on arguably the best defense in the league (see- Pistons/Magic game 2, rest of team only scored 31pts and shot 26% from the field). He has been great in pretty much every series he has been in (against the Jazz his FG % wasn't great, but his playmaking and ability to carry team from huge first half defecits was incredible).

It was unnecassary, but with fans like you always on his back for not taking over games and taking responsibility, it was something that I admired from a leader like him.

Kobe cried on the bench after he Lakers were statistically eliminated from playoff contention in 2004-2005...is he also a "loser"?