1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Children's insurance always makes me feel bad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Not so much the insurance, but the AD&D and the Childrens Life insurance. I have no problem signing myself up for the max amounts on my life, because I want my family taken care of when I'm gone, but when the insurance reps tell me that if they die or are killed accidentally, I get a knot in my throat and fell sick in my stomach. I actually feel guilty thinking of getting money at the cost of their life or limb. The only comfort is that is anything happens, I will not have to worry about paying for services, but that lends little-to-no comfort, and just reading it as I type it makes me feel shallow.

:(

2. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

doesn't make sense to get life insurance for your kids unless they're child actors working for teh ffamily. if not, just a waste of money.

whether or not you get a million if you lose a child, the pain will be the same. and what do you need the money for if your kid is gone.?? it's really sad to think about it..

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I didn't want to think about it. For $2.00 a month, I don't have to worry about paying for arrangements. I don't think I'm going to come back to this thread. I think I just needed to vent.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

yea, when it comes to life insurance for kids all you need is enough for funeral arrangements.

5. Fatty FatBastard

Which is really all you can buy. FYI folks, it is extremely difficult to buy a $1,000,000 LI policy on a child.

If you don't like the idea, don't buy anything.