1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will it take for Texas to play for the National Championship?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by j-bone, Nov 24, 2001.

1. j-bone

j-bone Member

To me it seems that if Miami or Florida lose one of their games then Texas has a good shot at playing for the Championship. But with the BCS, you never know. What do you think?

2. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Well, things look a lot better with OK and Nebraska both losing. Now Texas has to take care of business against Colorado (beat them as badly and run up the score if possible) and hope for the best. I think that if Tennessee has to play Florida next week and beats them (i wish) that Texas moves up to number 2 setting up a national title game vs Miami.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Actually wouldn't it be better if UT had to play Nebraska in the Big XII title game?? If they won, they would have been beating an undefeated team that was ranked #1 in the nation...certainly that would have done more for BCS hopes than beating the Buffs. Nevertheless, I'm pumped for UT...Hook 'Em!!

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'll never use "never" again after this weekend, but the chances of UT beating NU would be slim.

The odds are much higher of beating CU - a team we have defeated two years in a row including a 41-7 win this year.

All we need is a Big XII title, and OU and NU really laid eggs this weekend. Hopefully, we don't lay one on Saturday.

Winning the Big XII locks us into the Fiesta. Miami faces rival VT on Sat - as we know anything can happen in rivalry games.

Florida plays Tennessee, and I believe the winner plays for the SEC title the week after. We need Florida to lose once and it wouldn't hurt for an SEC West team to win the SEC.

We might also pull for Oregon St. to beat Oregon.

Miami vs. Texas could become a reality.

5. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Smokey, through my burnt orange glasses, I think UT would give nu all they can handle.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

You might be right.

Who would have thought CU would have scored 62 on the blackshirts? :)

At least the Huskers will probably get an at large BCS bid. I can't wait to see how they will respond after their brutal beating. Right now I wouldn't want to be Maryland or Tennessee.

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

There are 4 to 5 teams in the Big 12 that would annihilate Maryland, BYU, and maybe even Illinois. Tennessee has some semblance of talent though.