1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Option Offense And The Demise Of Eric Crouch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nomar, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Nomar

Nomar Member

I am now extremely furious.

Scene: Middle of the Third Quarter, Nebraska down by 19.
    Eric Crouch scores on an option play.

Nebraska has 3 more possesions before Crouch is intercepted, pretty much ending the game.

Not one single MOTHER****ING Option call.

You run an option offense, with the greatest option quarterback in the history of football, in the biggest game of this quarterback's college career, and you dont call the play that your offense is built for?

Please fire Solich.

Also, Nebraska Defensive Linemen. YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS PLAYING HIGH. GET LOW FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. THAT IS A PATHETIC DISPLAY.

I am very sorry for Eric Crouch, who is probably my favorite college player of all time. Its a shame that he cant achieve his dream of winning a National Championship. If i were him, I would tell Solich to **** off and call my own mother****ing plays.

I hope he goes on to a long and sucessful career in the NFL.

2. Nomar

Nomar Member

Make that 2 option plays ive seen, and 2 TDs.

3. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Nomar- I know what your saying. My biggest complaint is that we did not make any defensive adjustments. I am lucky enough to watch the Big Red play every weekend and I can tell you this was the worst I have seeen the BlackShirts play. I feel terrible for Eric Crouch as do many here in Nebraska. I am still sick :(

4. Nomar

Nomar Member

Rokss- did you see the linemen continue stunting and playing a pass rushing style? they did no seem to understand that the run was killing them. pile up and let linebackers make plays. jesus. unbelievable. im still in a bad mood about that game.

5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Yea, it was unfrigginbelieveable. I have never seen anyone run up the middle on the Huskers like that for that long. I have no idea what the coach was thinking and why he did not bring 8 men in the box and try and stuff the run. I am so friggin pissed, a great season down the drain. Time to put up the XMAS tree, have a great night!!