1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Campo is a MORON, and other Cowboy observations.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drewdog, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Ok let me clarify that the only time I enjoyed watching Dallas Cowboy football, was when Mr. Tom Landry was head coach. The Jerry Jones era has left a sour taste in my mouth about the power and manipulation of sports ownership.

The Dallas Cowboys are once again the laughingstock of the NFL (with all due respect to the Detroit Lions). For some reason, the Cowboys have looked far worse than their 2-7 record warrants. 5 quarterbacks used this season, the demise of Emmitt Smith, and a horrible defense. Its amazing that these guys even have 2 wins.

But the most prophetic event that made me think of why the Cowboys suck so bad, was the game against the Denver Broncos on Thanksgiving Day. In case you missed it, with 7+ minutes left, Reggie Swinton runs back a punt return for a touchdown. The score is 26-16. Everyone on the Dallas sidelines throws up the number "2" on their fingers, and rightfully so. This would have made the score 26-18 and gave the Cowboys a shot at a touchdown and tying the game. Instead Campo suddenly has a change of heart and goes for one. Score 26-17.

The next brilliant move came with 3 minutes left and a 4th and 10 call. Go for it.....right?? Nope. Campo decides to punt.

On the next posession, the Cowboys go the distance and score a TD to make the score 26-24. Gee wouldn't it have ben nice to have had a possible 2 point conversion, and then another and had a tie ball game? I guess not. Now with a little over a minute to play, the Cowboys have no timeouts and have to try an onsides kick in order to to win the game. Broncos recover, game over.

Afrter I calmed down and stopped laughing at the stupidity of the Dallas Cowboy coaching staff, I noticed that Campo still had a goofy grin on his face. Its as if coming that close to beating the Broncos was good enough.

In reality, Campo is just another puppet for Jones to throw around. Just another pawn in Jerry Jones' scheme of whatever the hell he has conjured up in that evil little scull of his. For all we know, he is up in his luxury suite barking orders, decisions, and what plays to run. And its all coming back to bite him in the ass. For some reason, those 3 rings that Jerry Jones has are distant memories, Futility is something he needs to be prepared to endure all over again.

Recommended reading:
    "Is Jerry Jones the Devil? (Yes, and he has ruined the Dallas Cowboys.)" by Gary Cartwright from the October 2001 Texas Monthly Magazine.

2. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

YESSSS! I dont' even know footbal anymore since the Cowboys have been sucking so hard! All my fantasy teams are down the toilet because I'm so disinterested nowadays!:mad:

I think Jones needs to sell the Cowboys and get outta there!:mad:

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Give me one good reason why the Cowboys should even try to win another game this year? We are not making the playoffs. Instead Campo is probably looking down to catch the stinky Lions.

4. Steve_Francis_rules

You obviously weren't watching this game (or any other Cowboys game) too closely. The Cowboys actually have a pretty good defense (7th in the league entering this week). Unfortunately for the defensive unit (the only guys on the team that seem to care enough to leave it all on the field), their offense often puts them in next to impossible situations because of the turnovers.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Jerry better hire somone who can count to 8 , That was unbelievable , and the dumb thing was that when Swinton returned the kick back they showed Campo holding up 2 fingers and yelling 2 , Then after the Penalty on Cuttino Mobley's cousin they kicked the PAT instead , It was a bonehaed move and Dave Campo is the turkey of the day .

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Can't you guys tell they lost on purpose ? The boys are playing for the #2 pick...no way campo is really that stupid.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Neither team is going to get the first pick because it's going to the Texans.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Thanks, but I alreay knew that pimpdaddy.

9. Major

Major Member

Did anyone see his post-game "explanation" on Sportscenter?

Somehow, he thought the chances of scoring twice and getting two two-pt conversions was lower than scoring THREE times... He somehow ignored the fact that even if they missed the 2-pt conversions, scoring three times would give them a chance to win anyway. Sure, it would change the need for 3rd score to be a TD instead of a FG, but if they missed the first 2-pt conversion, they can still go for 1 and still tie with a TD/FG.

Dave Campo joins the list of not-so-bright people.

10. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Campo is an idiot. He screwed up. He should be a man and admit he screwed up but instead he tries to make up a theory about not thinking he could makre 2 two point conversions.
    The bad thing is every head coacvh has a chart that tells them how many points they are ahead/behind by if they should go for one or two or if it is a coaches decision. Down by 10 is obviously a go for two situation.
    I love my Cowboys but I get tired of stupidity. JJ is an egomaniac, Campo is stupid and all of our QBs suck. What on organization.

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

As the official BBS game-tanking cheerleader, let me step in to point out that tanking in the NFL isn't nearly as effective as tanking in the NBA, even with the lottery. In a five-man game, the odds of drafting a player who can turn your whole franchise around in one stroke are exponentially better than in a 22-man game.

So, in a nutshell, if Campo is tanking games for the #2 pick, he really is that stupid.

12. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Why bother getting the #2 pick? You all know Jones will just screw it up.

13. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I thought their offense played fairly well.... considering.

When you say turnovers it seems to point the finger at the "skill positions". However, two of the turnovers, the two Leaf fumbles, were entirely the fault of the offensive line. He didn't have a chance.

I'm not positive, but I don't recall Leaf throwing even one interception..... After looking it up, Dallas had 0 interceptions thrown, and only the two Leaf fumbles.

I do agree that Emmitt was 100% ineffective.

I hate the Cowboys nearly as much as the Titans though... ;)

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I thought he joined that list last week.

:D

Will, he's the Cowboys puppet, so he really is stupid!

:eek: