1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola's Passion & James's Confidence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Sep 19, 2007.

1. yobod

yobod Member

Besides depth last year I think we really lacked a vocal leader and someone who led by example (played with great passion)

With Scola I think his passion for the game and pride is going to be so infectious. I think Shane has the ethic but not the "lets do it for the city, for our family's" metality.

With James after he was traded we really missed his cockiness, there was always an air of "were better than you" with James on the floor.

Last season the only person to speak out against laziness and half asses was Van Gundy (bonzi), this year I dont think adelman is going to have to worry about it. If you're half assing on this years team, James will let you know it talk about your momma too.

Something I wish Tracy and Yao would do. But yeah, I just wanted to remind you guys that not only is talent upgraded this year, but attitude as well!

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Man, only if the Timberwolves had James' confidence last year.

3. yobod

yobod Member

Timberwolves could've used a lot of things.

Shooting Guard
    Small Forward
    Center
    Coach

;)

4. Carl Herrera

Could have also used a competent PG who doesn't irritate the hell out of Kevin Garnett.

5. yobod

yobod Member

[​IMG]

PASSION :D (LOOK AT THAT FACE!)

[​IMG]

CONFIDENCE :D

6. yaozzzi

yaozzzi Member

Oh year~ good pics....

7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

These pictures and comments are BRILLIANT.

Seriously thats awesome because you can just see it.

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

oh man someone with better skills just needs to do a 2 minute video of nothing but those two pics bouncing back and forth with the same audio bouncing back and forth.

scola: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

james: HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

scola: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

james: HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

scola: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

james: HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9. jebustheomlet

jebustheomlet Member

that scola picture is messed up

but that mike james picture, if it was in a rockets jersey, would make one hell of a wallpaper

im sure it will happen in the course of this year...:)

10. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

You forgot Steve Francis's HEART. This team is turning into the Wizard of OZ.

11. Coca Cola Scola

Why do people equate screaming out loud and gyrating outwardly and acting cocky as "vocal leadership"? If I remember correctly, in game 7 against the Mavericks, it was Tmac and Yao that were the ones that showed up and kept competing. Also in the series against the Jazz, it was mainly 2 guys that were carrying the load scoring 25 a game...they might not have been perfect, but they were the ones competing while getting swarmed. The other so called "heart" role players including Sura and James were no where to be found. I like James confidence, but let's not diminish the guys that have produced in every play off series yet get the brunt of the criticism for not being "vocal." Duncan is pretty dam quiet.....and I think of him as a great competitor and leader. KG yells and shows "heart" but couldn't get out of the first round when he was surrounded by scrubs. We could have had guys yell and vocalize all they wanted in the Utah Jazz series, we still would have lost. It was clearly a lack of talent on the supporting cast that cost us. I like Scola and Francis not so much for their "vocal leadership" but for their actual competitive performance on the court. Scola does everything he can to win and he has superior talent and skill over any of the power forwards we've had for the last 3 years. Francis is exteremely taletned and freakishly athletic....that's what's going to make the difference on the court. Instead of a two man team, it will now be an 8 to 11 man deep team with a better offensive general (Adelman) to lead them.

12. First Lady

First Lady Member

One more: Lil Skip's invisibility!

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Francis' Heart outshines the both of them. If we were to have a vocal leader, It definitely would be the Franchise, Steve Francis. Who could forget Francis being ready to throw down against Amare for dunking on Yao. Seriously, who else would have done that for Yao? Don't get me wrong, if Yao were to get into a fight, I'm sure T-Mac & Co. have his back. But Francis took it to another level. All Amare did was dunk on Yao and scream but that's all it took for Francis to step up for his big man. You gotta love that.

14. windfern

windfern Member

Great point, great post.

I woudn't be surprised if Tmac is not our scoring leader this year.

15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Cann't wait for the season to start. :D

16. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Posturing and bellowing to show off are basic primate behaviors. Watch any nature channel. ;)

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When does KG actually get some of the blame? It is always someone else's fault.

DD

18. Carl Herrera

http://www.82games.com/0607/06MIN11D.HTM

When your on/off court stats looks like this, it is indeed someone else's fault.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The 'pitbull' mentality that JVG wanted to add to this team to surround Yao and Tmac. No question, that "Elie" JYD type attitude is exactly something this team needed!

20. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

I agree Francis will bring plenty of heart I just hope if he's not starting that there's no big ego issues. I see Scola, Francis, MJ, and even Brooks providing this team with much needed toughness. Brooks looked like a real leader during summer league he reminds me of Calvin Murphy with his scrappy attitude.