1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast HD DVR Rant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Sep 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Horrible. My signal on all channels except SD locals breaks up every few seconds on most days.

Does anyone else have this problem?

2. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

I've noticed over the last month or so my HD channels have been breaking too. Not as bad as yours, but it gets frustrating.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

not me

My only complaint is the crappy picture on the analog channels. I need FX in HD.

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Comcast blows pretty hard. I am switching to DirecTV next month. Aside from the fact that Comcast is still expensive and they give crap service, I also want more HD!

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yep, my quality has gone downhill since they took over. A tech came out and fixed some of the issues and blamed it on a blown 'amplifier'..but I seeing how many people are having problems, I call BS on this.

6. WildSweet&Cool

I don't like how Comcast is blocking some of my internet sites. That's really crappy.

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

We have had Time Warner/Comcast for a while now, but I just recently got an HD TV in my room, along with an HD DVR. At first, most of the HD channels didn't show up at all and others would go in and out randomly. So, I took the cable off of the DVR and out of the wall and took the connectors off each end. After cutting the wire down a bit and exposing fresh insides before putting the connectors back in place, all my HD channels work flawlessly.

That said, I will be moving into an apartment soon and will be considering my options for premium TV service. How does Dish match up? Is it cheaper? I would check the websites, but I realize they rarely paint a true picture.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Interesting results you got there.

I had DTV had liked it. The only problem is that SD channels look bad on my LCD tv compared to the all digital channels via cable. I had to give it up because my apartment wanted a $250 fee to have a dish in the complex, wanted me to purchase a separate liability policy in case it fell, and I couldn't mount it the way I wanted because of aesthetic reasons. :mad:

9. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

That has nothing to do with Comcast. Plug your cable into an analog TV and see how well the picture looks. HD TV's are not meant to be used for analog, it just messes up the picture even more. That was the only reason why I canceled my service with TW. The only way to get crystal clear analog is if they decide to rewire your location. I was willing to spend an extra 30 bucks a month for AT&T U-Verse.

What a decision that turned out to be.

BEST CABLE EVER

Analog looks amazing now. And your cable box is also your wireless router. One less thing to worry about.

10. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Comcast is raising prices in October.
    Premium channels package like HBO is going up from $10/month to $20
    Screw that. Whats the best satellite package to go with?

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Yeah Comcast is waaaayyyy overrated; HD channels are impressive...when they work. It took 3 months before Comcast fixed every problem I had.

OnDemand is on a "different" signal and that took even longer to work.

The interface is very out of date; DirecTV is much more user-friendly and quality is superb.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

My DVR doesnt even work anymore for the most part. And I dont get a lot of channels, they are just frozen

13. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

ya if anyone knows any good packages let us know i have comcast..i have more of an issue with their phone and internet services..but i wnat more HD TOO!

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I am getting FIBER OPTIC at&t ©Uverse DSL+CABLE installed next week. I'll let you know how that looks, since I will have it while I still have DirecTV attached to my DLP, so it will be a true comparison. :cool:

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

My parents just got AT&T U-Verse and it BLOWS Comcast out of the water. They got the basic package with DSL for almost half of what Comcast charges, and it includes EVERYTHING Comcast charges for (NFL Network, seems like 20 FSW channels- I was flipping between atleast 10 college football games at once this weekend- a lot more HD channels, multiple Discovery, MTV, VH1, All Video/Music/Comedy etc. channels), and great looking digital picture. They're also getting over 30 Starz, Showtime and Encore channels for free for a year.

You need a landline to get it, which is what I'll be doing here soon. Comcast sucks spunk something hardcore.

16. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

Does anyone know if they have this in the Houston area?

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I haven't had ESPN HD or Discovery HD for over a week. I need to make a call, I guess.

18. Rulow00

Rulow00 Member

Comcast is way overpriced. Go with Directv. I have never had any problems.

19. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

anyone know of a way to......ehem.... "receive" "all" the channels on DirecTV... or is it even possible??

20. WildSweet&Cool

I looked into it and... no.. even the satellite pirates haven't figured it out. they're all bootlegging Dish Network.