1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HipHop Game] 50 Cent vs. Kanye West

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ehsan, Aug 14, 2007.

1. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Hands down, Kanye's is way better. I actually listened to the first 3 songs all the way though. As opposed to the 50 which I skimmed through all of them just to hear the beats. Kanye is always worth buying.. 50... not so much.

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

yep!!

3. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

yeah - i heard that joint back in may/june, and i was surprised that it never got released as a single. it's still a fly song, though - been jamming to that in my workouts for the last two months.

4. Sextuple Double

Just listened to Kanye's album. It's very good. I'd give it 4mics. "Flashing Lights", "Homecoming", "Good Life", and "The Glory" are exceptional. I can play it without skipping tracks.

5. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

"Homecoming" is a hot track! Kanye metaphorically talks about his hometown (Chicago) as a girl, and calls her Windy (sounds like Wendy)...classic

6. Showtizzle2642

yeah that sound is the **** you should here it chopped and screwed its amazing....

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Kanye winning sales battle

http://www.reuters.com/article/ente...RSS&feedName=entertainmentNews&rpc=22&sp=true

By Geoff Mayfield

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Kanye West looks set to win the closely watched duel with rival rapper 50 Cent for the No. 1 slot on next week's U.S. pop album chart, according to preliminary sales data issued Wednesday.

West's "Graduation" sold an estimated 437,000 copies during its first day of release Tuesday, ahead of 310,000 for 50 Cent's "Curtis" and 107,000 for country star Kenny Chesney's "Just Who I Am: Poets and Pirates," according to a new "Building Chart" devised by tracking firm Nielsen SoundScan.

The Building Chart gives an early look at how the race is shaping up for SoundScan's final charts, which post projected national sales each Wednesday morning, extrapolated from a panel of merchants representing more than 90% of the U.S. music market.

Some pundits project West will surpass 750,000 copies for the week, breaking the 2007 record of 623,000 copies held by rock band Linkin Park's "Minutes to Midnight." But West did better with his last album, 2005's "Late Registration," which debuted with 860,000 copies. 50 Cent also will fall far short of the 1.1 million start for his last album, 2005's "The Massacre."

8. distence

distence Contributing Member

not original......biting Commons "I Use to Love Her" even though he was talking about hip hop its the same concept

9. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Who said anything about originality? He just said its a hot track, and likes the way it was done.

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Nas did the same thing in "Gettin Married" and Tupac used a similar concept in "Me and My Girlfriend." It's not biting Common so much as a use of parable and personification that's been around since men could write. I don't why just because someone isn't the first to do somethng or use a broad concept in hip-hop, they have to be "biting" someone else. It's this combatitive type of outlook that's stifling a lot of lyricists today.

11. jennmlj

jennmlj Member

The way it should be...

12. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

Fixed it. and COMPLETELY agree with your post...

13. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I like Homecoming, but I like the original more("Home," off of the Freshman Adjustment mixtape).

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AleAzWe8rs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AleAzWe8rs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

John Legend is way better on the hook than Chris Martin.

14. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

They are both biting Ras Kass who dropped My Apology a while back. Throughout the track he is talking about some girl and how she was treating him like **** and etc, and at the end, he reveals its a metaphor for his record label Priority Records since he has been trying to get out of his contract for 4 years now and they won't let him go and won't release any albums by him.

15. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

I fully expected Kanye to have the betetr album.

But IMO, he doesn't. he doesn't a few cute things here and there.

Curtis has some excellent tracks with I Get Money, I'll Still Kill, and Ayo Technology. The rest of the album is pretty damn good as well, except for a couple of songs.

Kanye has Stronger as an excellent track. Can't tell me nothin is decent. Everything else is mediocre at best.

I honestly honestly thought Kanye would drop a better album, but I was extremely dissapointed with what he's put out there.

That's just my opinion though.

16. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

How can a song that came out 11 years before (Common's track came out in 1994) bite the one you mention (Rass Kass' track came out in 2005) :confused:

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kanye? He sounds a little to "pop" for my taste. I like that raw stuff....

18. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Are you saying you rather listen to 50 for that raw sound? Imo 50 is "Gangsta Pop". If I want that that raw stuff I'll listen to Z-Ro.

19. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

im about to go out and buy Graduation

it only dropped today here in Oz.

gonna play my part in getting Kanye over the line.

West far far > Curtis.

20. Northside Moss

Go Kanye!

Stronger, better, faster then 50.