1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spanoulis made buzzer-beater game-winner against Croatia

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by tuus, Sep 9, 2007.

1. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

haha..KillBill_Pana strikes again. Just read this off the Spurs board...and no Codell I am not him :p

However, I thought I would post this here for viewer entertainment and let the fireworks begin !!!

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77341

Well Billy did tells me that originally Rockets offers his half MLE contract then they change it to just more than LLE.

Billy gets offered 2/3 MLE 5 years deal by Panathinaikos.

But Billy wants to play NBA so badly he dreams of this since little boy. He take less money just little more than LLE for 3 years, when his original price at least half MLE for 3 years, and sacrifice Pana offer of 2/3 MLE for 5 years.

He do this because he want NBA so badly and because Rocket GM Dawson tells him that

"Team has many need so we can only offer this much. We try to win now, so must sign Bonzi Wells too to win championship. We are in win now mode. Do you understand?"

Billy say his agent advise this not smart business move to take so much less money than Pana offer and even take less than his current NBA value which was half MLE for 3 years just because Rockets gives sob story.

Other teams (Kings, Trail Blazers, Pistons) contact his agent after 2006 World Championship and offer more than Rockets if they can work trade for rights to Billy.

So Billy does this with understands from Rockets GM he plays 12 minutes a game backs up Alston at play maker and 12 minutes a game backs up T-Mac at shooting guard.

Then Van Gundy tells him he not care about "stupid old blind ass GM" (his exact word say Billy) and he not play. Billy also say Van Gundy refuse play Bonzi Wells.

Billy tells me Bonzi told him in locker room Van Gundy screws them, Billy should go to management to complain, this how NBA work. In Europe play based on who best players. Bonzi tell Billy in NBA it based on coach trys to establish power Bonzi say this because "remember coach told you that you are playing too lose? He's trying to crush your spirit."

Billy not understand this but Bonzi convince him he means coach benching him until he play like robot only, as Bonzi say "he wants you to play like Luther Head and Rafer Alston."

Billy say to Bonzi, "but they play terrible style, and besides I already much better than them in practice."

Bonzi say to Billy, "see what I mean now? Van Gundy is trying to break your will because he's a control freak and an ass. If we team up against him we can get him fired. Did you see where he changed the stats from practice?"

Billy tell Bonzi he never complain about coach, this not how he teached in Greece, this not earn respect of players. Bonzi tell him "it's not like that here, you need to defend yourself by complain about coach."

Billy complain to management they break promise, Bonzi too (Rockets GM promise him play time too of 32 minutes at SF.

Billy tell me this. Bonzi say Rockt GM promise him 32 minutes at SF and Battier plays other 16 there, and then plays 16 at PF.

Van Gundy tells Billy and Bonzi "**** that blind r****d I decide everything."

So after Billy and Bonzi asks for more PT from GM like he promise, when GM tells Van Gundy, Van Gundy sends Billy and Bonzi to doghouse.

Billy agent come from Athens to complain to Rockets and Van Gundy get even more angry. He tell Billy, "all your chances are used up with me."

Billy says he sacrifice $11 million US to play with Rockets and turn down Pana extension. He do this because of dream of NBA plays and Rockets GM lies of false promise.

Billy say Bonzi and Adelman and new GM tell him it be different with Adelman but Billy ask Rockets new GM Morey, "what about all the money I give up and I lose year of my career riding on bench?"

Morey says to Billy and his agent, "I know Van Gundy screwed you and went against our orders, I will find you the best solution."

So reallys Billy want to screw Rockets only because Van Gundy screws him.

He so angry at losing money. Even with new Pana contract and his pay for this year plus US money gain on Euro so he lose less money than initial, he STILL loses about $6 million because of Van Gundy.

He NEVER EVER turns downs that Pana contract of 5 years if he knows Van Gundy bench him for whole year. He lose $6 million because of Van Gundy.

He swear to me he still hate Van Gundy till he die.

2. Sextuple Double

He hits a game winner and now Vspan haters must eat crow?? :confused: Can't believe ppl still on Vspan's jock.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Believe It! ;)

4. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Exactly. I hit a game winning 3 in a playoff game in Santa Clara city league a few years back. I think that's about on par with this great accomplishment. Too bad that was pre-YouTube days...alas. :rolleyes:

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Which poster exactly is riding his jock? Quit making stuff up.

6. bluepart

bluepart Member

Who care?

7. richter911

richter911 Member

That was a nice shot.But Vspan is gone,we should move on.

Btw if we are talking about the ability to make a buzz beater in a fiba game,we can always sign this guy,and his Yao's teamates. :p

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ESaarsKdd7U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ESaarsKdd7U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

8. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Hah, we ain't ever gonna see Vspan in Rocket Red ever again. Spurs are talking about it cause they had to fork over $1 Mil to Panetheikos or whatever to make the deal work.

9. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

If this story is true, I will be interested to see what Bonzi can do next year. That is the one thing I draw out of this rant that maybe a positive for the Rockets next year.

10. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

Why is this still Rocket's news? How much longer will we have to put up with these long threads about V-Span...he's not a Rocket anymore. Put it in the NBA Dish section people on this board just need to let it go...

11. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

it's the other way around, panetheikos had to pay the spurs over $1 mil to buy out billy's contract. :D

12. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Well I was trying to figure out where to post it because the story was interesting enough that it made for entertaining reading. I could have put it here or in the NBA dish but this one was already talking about Vspan. So this is where I stuck it. KillBill_Pana is either one hell of a good fiction writer or he really does talk to Vspan. It would be interesting to see if the timelines for when Bonzi and Vspan were both in the doghouse coincides with when Vspan went off on a rant to Rockets management in public. Cause if Bonzi was getting minutes and then got benched about that time, it would lend some credence to KillBill.

13. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Oh my God! This absolutely proves that getting Scola was a really stupid move by the Rockets. How could they get this clutch 3 point shooter get away?

14. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Ahh yes silly me. You are correct it is the other way around. :confused:

15. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

Talking about walk-off-buzzer-beating-three-pointer:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YHbyQA_ljFk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YHbyQA_ljFk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

16. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

and you talk like one too.

17. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Dear Jeff:

Signed,

Billy :p

18. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

LOL that was a lucky shot for Billy. Isn't he about a career 25% 3 pt shooter?

19. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

he straight crossed him over badly tho ahhaha

20. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

If ain't Reggie, then it's a lucky shot.