1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justin Reed arrested for MJ possession,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Sep 5, 2007.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Who knew this guy was even a rocket.

Rockets' Reed arrested for mar1juana possession
    Associated Press

September 5, 2007 at 1:07 PM EDT

JACKSON, Miss. — Houston Rockets' swingman Justin Reed was released Wednesday after being arrested for misdemeanor possession of mar1juana.

Reed was arrested Tuesday night in Jackson. He was released from the Hinds County jail early Wednesday, said Capt. Ken Magee of the Hinds County Sheriff's Department.

Reed was charged with possession of less than an ounce of mar1juana, which carries a fine from $100 to $250. No date has been set for his appearance in Hinds County court.

In June, Reed and point guard Mike James were traded from the Minnesota Timberwolves to the Rockets in a deal that sent Juwan Howard to Minnesota.

Reed, who played at Mississippi, averaged 2.6 points and 1.1 rebounds in 41 games last season for the Timberwolves.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/...ketball/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20070905.wsptreed5

2. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

This is serious,we have "criminals" on our team :D hah Rafer and Reed (please trade in package) :p

3. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

how do people get busted for pot, just smoke it at home like the rest of us

4. AkeemTheDreem86

Name change: Houston Bengals.

5. SamFisher

It is OFFICIAL, Adelman has lost control of the team. Jailblazers south.

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Dude don't even joke about the Rockets becoming like the Bengals... its painful enough rooting for one of them... I would be horrified if I had to root for two!

7. conquistador#11

these future DNP players are making us look bad. What's next, Lucas part 3 gets caught at the massage parlor on 290?

8. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

terrible news for this young man

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. rockets need to get a disciplinarian in here fast.

10. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

So this is his first contribution to the team - not a good way to start. I was holding out hope for him that he would be a darkhorse for us but it doesn't appear to be a "high" probability!

We need to get the season going becasue the whole back half of the offseason has been filled with jail time.

11. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why did Justin Reed take possession of Mike James??

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

interesting

a few hours per incident = filled??

three incidents

each time the person spent only a few hours in jail...if that...do you realize how long it takes to get booked in at most jails? Ill bet neither Rafer nor Reed even saw the inside of a jail cell.

one last thing that has been really getting on my nerves.

why is it that we (especially us since these guys are members of our team) have seemingly forgotten the maxim "innocent till proven guilty" ?

Maybe I missed something, if so please fill me in, but I havent seen that Rafer was actually CONVICTED of any crimes. In both cases he was taken in on the accusation of someone else, and then released....the second time the guy doesnt even have witnesses.

I recognize that Im less likely to want to lynch him than alot of you vocal posters since I dont think he is satan. :rolleyes:

but until I see some proof of the crimes, or he is traded, the guy is still a Houston Rocket and at least deserves the benefit of the doubt.

some of you guys really need to re-establish touch with your humanity....being billy badass sports fan on the internet all day long has twisted your perceptions of reality.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

nicely said R2K

yeah i have issues with Rafer the player on the court.

off the court I wish Rafer the person the best do I think he did all those crimes? I dont know I wasnt there but I really would not like to see him convicted of anything (unless he did it of course, but that is still uncertain)

as for justin reed, its just weed nothing too serious to go crazy about. i would be real surprised if he is on the roster come opening night, i feel he'll most likely be bought out unless he shows the staff something in training camp

14. SamFisher

Larry Smith

15. Navman

Navman Member

embarressing. just embarressing for our team. I don't remember us ever being in the news this often when its about negative crap.

JVG is prolly grinning right now. As if all the class of our team left with him. :(

16. Major

Major Member

Umm, this isn't a court of law. The court of public opinion has never been governed by that maxim.

Wait.. what? He should get the benefit of the doubt because he plays for our sports team? :confused: Non-sense. He either gets the benefit of the doubt because he's human, or he doesn't. The fact that he plays for the Houston Rockets doesn't make him more or less likely to be guilty, so why on earth should that affect our judgements of him? If he was a Maverick, then it's OK to attack him?

Being in touch with our humanity would suggest we didn't treat him differently if he were to be traded or not a Houston Rocket, no?

17. Naismith

Naismith Member

interesting

a few hours per incident = filled??

three incidents

each time the person spent only a few hours in jail...if that...do you realize how long it takes to get booked in at most jails? Ill bet neither Rafer nor Reed even saw the inside of a jail cell.

one last thing that has been really getting on my nerves.

why is it that we (especially us since these guys are members of our team) have seemingly forgotten the maxim "innocent till proven guilty" ?

Maybe I missed something, if so please fill me in, but I havent seen that Rafer was actually CONVICTED of any crimes. In both cases he was taken in on the accusation of someone else, and then released....the second time the guy doesnt even have witnesses.

I recognize that Im less likely to want to lynch him than alot of you vocal posters since I dont think he is satan.

but until I see some proof of the crimes, or he is traded, the guy is still a Houston Rocket and at least deserves the benefit of the doubt.

some of you guys really need to re-establish touch with your humanity....being billy badass sports fan on the internet all day long has twisted your perceptions of reality.

:eek: :eek:

I love all Rockets
    naismith

18. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

ditto

19. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

THis is nothing. Not even an ounce of MARY J, a drug that should be legalized anyway. No big deal. I can guarantee if you pick a player at random on the roster and go to his house, you'll find at least 5 grams of Mary J somewhere in his house.

20. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

you prefer we brand people guilty based on suspicions only? guilt is based on due process, not suspicions only, regardless if it's a court of law or otherwise. that is what being human means, treating these players or others in general as humans instead of acting like a major jackass judging them before all the facts are in.