1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL or College Football?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Butterfingers, Aug 29, 2007.

1. updawg

updawg Member

College, followed closely by the NFL

2. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Exactly - there's nothing like the atmosphere of a college football game. Even if you don't have a rooting interest (didn't attend the school or aren't a fan of them) you can always root for the underdog. It's such raw emotion that the NFL lacks. College players play the game for the school on the front of their jersey compared to NFL players who play (mostly) for the names on the back of their jersey.

Just awesome to sit in front of the big screen on a Satuday and watch college football and not worry about anything else.

Look at Sept. 8 for example - you have:
    Miami @ OU
    TCU @ Texas
    Oregon @ Michigan
    Notre Dame @ Penn State
    Virginia Tech @ LSU

All have, albeit, early BCS and National Championship implications.

Lastly, every college game is in fact a playoff if you think about it. If you lose one game you don't have a great chance to play for the title. If you lose more than 1 or 2 games you won't have a chance at a conference championship. And if you don't win enough games your team doesn't go bowling. In the NFL you can lose half of your games and still make the playoffs (NY Giants last year).

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

NFL is all I have time for. I'm not going to spend Saturdays watching tv.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

NFL. NCAA when the Hogs make noise.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

There are some teams that are consistently good and others that are consistently bad...there is a ton of importance placed on the draft. If you make the right decisions on draft day, you can compete on a regular basis.

7. AGBee

AGBee Member

I love watching powerhouse college programs beat the %@#%& out of schools that you've never heard of. Montana State Bobcats? Arkansas State Indians? Awesome!

8. surrender

surrender Member

The college game is more exciting, far and away, even though the current arrangement is so slanted against mid-major teams - at least in the NFL, every single team (technically) has a shot at winning the title at the beginning of the season, while a non-BCS team can run the table and not even have a shot at the title game. I know scheduling is an issue, but most of the lesser teams are stuck with **** schedules due to mandatory conference games. Still, it's not as much fun when you go into the season knowing that your team has zero shot at winning the title.

9. Lil Pun

Ummm, I attend Arkansas State University so I have heard of it. This is one weekend when I will be rooting FOR Texas. ;)

10. conquistador#11

I too hate parodies, I never got what was so funny about spaceballs. :confused:

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

at least in the nfl the games are decided by what happens on the field

until they fix college football's competition gap its an inferior sport

12. Lil Pun

WHAT! :eek:

13. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Go Bears!!! No, not Baylor...Chicago of course!

Sorry, my H-town pro football allegiance left the day Bud Adams hijacked the Oilers to Tennesee (or however you spell it) ;) and I went back to my origin.

Honestly, I'd love to root for the Texans, but after the Mario debacle (not to be confused with Super Mario) I just can't do it. Da Bears! :D

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Parity not Parody.

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

NFL, I don't like amateur sports in general. The quality of play in college ball is not as good even on the best teams. Then those same best teams play against teams that might not send a single player to the NFL. Yay we beat a team 70-0 what a great game!!! Even if they fixed the end of the season, college ball would still suck. The NFL is fantastic, and the best presented sport in the world.

16. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

college football all the way

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I HATE COLLEGE FOOTBALL. It's not fair

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I like pro sports over college sports any day. Reason is that college is an inferior product with inferior talent. Its sort of like asking would you rather watch NBA or WNBA.

19. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Doh....
    And Spaceballs Roxorz lol l337|\|3$$

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I love my texans. But I live and die by my horned Frogs and aggies. XD
    :D