1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Luis Scola's 11 Points Vs Mexico (08.25.07)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Aug 26, 2007.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

[​IMG]

LINK: http://www.sendspace.com/file/kqtia0

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKBPdXa0Bbw"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKBPdXa0Bbw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

looks like they didn't need him too much this game. he's probably saving his legs for a real opponent. that bank shot though has to be making adelman's mouth water; if he can make that shot consistently along with the mid-range juwon-like straight up shot, they won't ever be able to leave him open.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Thanks again for the highlight video, Batkins.

Scola goes TO the basket directly with strength. But also knows when to face up and shoot. Also displays passing ability and hustle. And how about the rebound and bringing the ball up the court for the fast break assist :)

The other part that should be noted, his team is WINNING. And they have virtually none of their great players on the current Argentine team.

I know its not really possible, but myself I'd like to see some of his rebounding and defense in the highlights along with his scoring. Thanks again

4. OrangeCountyCA

The more I watch him play, the more I am impressed by his game. Man, this offseason just gets better and better. I just can't wait until October. :cool:

5. Coca Cola Scola

I've been watching his entire games....not just the highlights...and I really like what I'm seeing. He's not really a finesse player....He goes strong to the hole as much as he can, but does have the other parts of his game like mid-range shots around the court, hook shots, fadeaway, reverses,....nice passing and finishing with authority on the break. It's great to have such an offensive threat next to Yao, especially one where his skills fit in really well. I seriously do not know what the Spurs were doing giving him away. He could have made the Spurs even more formidable. :eek:

6. Manun

Manun Member

I see the juwan howard that is worth his contract! :eek:

7. chuichuitrain

chuichuitrain Member

i've been watching a couple of scola's games, and one thing he will definitely have to work on is setting solid picks. he has a tendency to start moving too early, and we all know how much yao ming gets away with that.

8. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Scola can run the floor with the ball coast to coats. Now that's a plus! :eek:

9. Barkley

Barkley Member

Maybe he wasn't the best player in Argentina in that game but it was still pretty good. He can shoot, he is strong and he can pass the ball so well. I can't wait until I'll see him in Rockets' uniform:)

10. rocketsmetalspd

I like what I see in Scola's game. I hope he can adjust quickly to the NBA level of play and contribute right away.

11. lost_ball

lost_ball Member

what im afraid is his defensive moves are too slow for nba, which will cause him alot foul troubles.

12. mox

mox Member

Scola is a really good player and he's worth to be in NBA

13. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

LuSco is much quicker than I anticipated. He handles the ball well, and seems to be lighter on his feet than those playing him, granted it is the Mexican team so take with obligatory grain of salt.

It looks like we can count on his midrange game and basket attack, which should help give him more minutes over chunk hayes. Radleman is going to love this guy.

14. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

looks like a better version of oberto

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Does he call "vidro!" when he shoots that bank shot?

16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

He's limited athletically but he just moves so well off the ball. His BBall IQ is high. Did you se him break that guy down on that fastbreak? Man...

17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Why wouldn't the Spurs just hold on to this guy?!

18. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

because he plays power forward, where they already have duncan and they felt splitter is better than scola.

19. scola

scola Member

In FIBA basketball the referees don't usually make those calls... he will have to adapt to the NBA refereeing.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

On offense, he has a LOT more skill than Oberto. On defense, he should be comparable to Oberto but Oberto has two NBA seasons under his belt. We'll get a first hand look at Scola's flopping skills.