1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we sign Juwan back if he gets bought out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Jul 31, 2007.

1. RoxandRex

RoxandRex Member

Please no.. there are no reasons that we need to sign him again..

2. omax

omax Member

I agree he is not needed anymore and it probably won't happen.
    But I don't understand why everyone on this board hates him.
    He is a very classy guy and a terrific person. He did whatever he was asked
    of him the last few years. He was a great locker room guy and was always the first one to help out with charities. Leave him alone.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I really doubt he gets bought out considering the whole point in Minnesota even trading for him in the first place was so that he could provide some valuable leadership/veteran experience and that was before the KG trade.

Juwan is a good guy but we simply don't have the roster room or the need for him.

4. tsunami

tsunami Member

how about only cost veteran's minimum ?

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Good God no - we don't need to bring Juwan Howard back.

6. Barkley

Barkley Member

No ! We better start thinkin' about Al Jefferson...

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Juwan was the team leader, we DON'T need that kind of leadership, we need for Yao or Tmac to step up, preferably Yao......we don't need our star players defering to has beens.

DD

8. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

For the vet min or even LLE it would be fine move, a critical one if Deke isn't back. IMO we still need another PF (at best we go Scola-Hayes deep), and without Deke a back-up 5 just in case Butler proves to be a big zero like he was withthe Spurs.

But unless he is bought out it is all academic.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

What is wrong with you people??! Do you NOT want the rockets to win?!?!

10. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Exactly. I agree he is not needed anymore and it probably won't happen.
    But why people HATE him? That's beyond me.

11. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

I would for the minimum. Scola, Hayes and Howard for insurance. Great character. Nice jump shot. I don't see why not.

12. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

yeah thats all we need, is another body...we have like twice the amount of players that are allowed.....
    I guess if we can get him for a couple of pairs of sunglasses, we could use him as a towel boy or something....

13. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

No!We got Scola,didn't we?And Hayes wouldn't contribute.JH is great guy but I rather see him in office or something.And Wolwes will not bought him out. ;)

14. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

im sure he could work out something to get waived if he really wanted to. The guys been overpaid his entire career. something like a $1M buyout would probably please Juwan

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

McHale: Hey Juwan, we owe you $14 million. Would you take $1 million instead.

JHo: OK!

16. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

ok maybe not a $1M buy out but you know what i mean :p

17. Navman

Navman Member

Some of you need to understand intangibles and leadership. Howard is a consummate professional and instills his work ethic into other players, a la Shane and Deke. Juwan is a decent 2nd string or 3rd string PF.

Why the hell no bring him back for the minimum? I'd pay 2mil or whatever for a guy who can help stabilize a locker room that just added Francis, James, and Bonzi's return. Remember how everyone keeps saying that it'll be a disaster with the egos? You need stabilizing personalities to keep the peace such as Juwan, Shane, Deke, and most likely Scola.

As for basketball, Juwan is capable. He's very streaky as we all know. He'll have a 20 point game then for the next 2 months in the season suck badly. If he returns, he won't be starting for damn sure. He knows that. The guy deserves a vote of confidence for the season he gave us last year with Yao out.

18. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

The more the merrier...

19. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

It's amazing the glue guy nickname was given to Shane, but now all of a sudden the Rockets cannot live without Juwan. LMBO

Cosummate professional is not a position on a team. You can find plenty of motivational speakers for the right money.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if yao and tmac are outshined by howard as a leader...then yao and tmac will never be leaders. period.

whys top there...lets go for chris bosh