1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafer Alston Possibility to the Boston Celtics?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEXCELANT, Aug 19, 2007.

1. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-27-8/Players-Boston-Might-Be-Able-to-Get.html

Adam Hoff at Section F Sports has some ideas about trades Boston might make, mostly by offering Brian Scalabrine and someone inexpensive. Among the players he thinks might be available: Rafer Alston, Damon Stoudamire, and Sarunas Jasikevicius. He also suggests that Boston might consider offering a draft pick for Jarrett Jack:

Boston doesn't have a lot of draft picks left to trade, but I don't know what else they can offer Portland that makes sense. Jack could really help Boston's bench and doesn't seem to have a place in Portland where Blake is the PG of now and Sergio Rodriguez is the PG of tomorrow. And the Blazers have so many players on the roster I can't imagine them wanting another asset in return. Maybe this could work. Also, Boston should keep an eye out for a Darius Miles buyout. He's a lunatic but they are officially in gambling mode anyway.

Here's a good list of available free agents. I'm sure Danny Ainge is looking at this right now and thinking: "Am I really about to call Kevin Willis?" Do it, Danny.

It's obvious with the rumors for Sarunas Jasikevicius, and Reggie Miller they want some long range shooters. Alston is a point guard that can get the guys the ball so I see Rafer as fitting in well with Boston. Question is, do we want Scalabine or Boston's draft picks?

2. arjun

arjun Member

umm come on seriosuly, alston is worth more than that bs

3. Bald Puppet

Bald Puppet Member

If it comes down to teams offering jack squat for Alston, I say we just end up keeping him and adding to our allready strong bench. We have until feb to figure something else out.

4. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

actually, jack is worth more than alston is to us now.

/double meaning. both are true.

5. Coca Cola Scola

Why does Boston think they can get anything good for those scraps? Scalabrine? No way. Unless they have a low first rounder. We're better of trading with Indiana.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

How 'bout a three-way involving Rafer, Boston's expiring junk, and Jarrett Jack? Portland seems willing enough to buy picks, maybe they can get Boston's first rounder from 2012 :p. If the salaries ever work out, I'd much rather see a happy Jack getting 15 minutes a game than a disgruntled Rafer sulking through his 15. And Jack would be our best distributor, maybe even better than Rafer was last year, as well as a class act. Chris Duhon's cousin, can't go wrong there.

7. Dei

Dei Member

I will only trade with the Celtics for Ray Allen (not Allan Ray), Kevin Garnett or Paul Pierce. Any trade Boston makes not involving those three should be utterly in their favor.

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Whats with this fascination here about trading rafer here. with francis medical history and james being a combo guard, we'll have no other real playmaker besides tracy if we trade rafer. i'm inclined to keep rafer untill james proves to me that he can be a pass first PG.

9. rayden

rayden Member

Best reply of this thread.

10. And1fayfay

And1fayfay Member

how about darius miles?? he's got some baggage... but talent is definetely there.

11. Flier

Flier New Member

Whom can we get from Celtics? :confused:

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ive never seen a 1st post before. So... Welcome to the forum Flier. Always good to see another realist on board.

Nobody here welcomes anybody...

13. bbjai

bbjai Member

no no

best reply of the whole off-season

everyone seems to think Rafer is utter junk to us now. Notice that most news tells us Rafer will be gone by trade deadline. Which means if something ( by something i mean injury)happens he will be the PG for us

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Brooks?

15. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Brooks? The 5'4" rookie?

Until proven otherwise with minutes on the floor, Brooks is practice material and bench material.

Rafer, with all his flaws, is a proven NBA commidity with one of the best assist/turnover ratio in the league.

There a GOOD chance that Brooks might be this years JL3 or VSPan. I'm with the camp that says keep Rafer until we get good value in return.

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I'm a huge brooks fan as there is here, but i just dont think he's ready yet. i love to be proved wrong.

17. houst-mac

houst-mac Member

Rajon Rondo anyone??

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think Boston wants to keep him. They gave Telfair instead of him to the Wolves. I think they are looking for a PG with a good outside shot along with Rondo on the team,not Rafer.

19. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

And why would they trade a young prospect who will be a stud in a couple of years for rafer?.and if they trade rondo who will backup rafer?...there only viable chips are Tony allen or kendrick perkins(highly unlikely)..

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Have you seen him lately? Miles looks like Tractor "Fats" Traylor now. He's done. His "baggage" is around his waist and in his thighs.