1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spoke to Rafer Yesterday at the Club

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Aug 11, 2007.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Damn man. Some people need to just chill. So the thread starter mentioned a thing or two about his VIP experiences. Big whoop.

2. Billyp

Billyp Contributing Member

Definitely. He was just establishing how he came about talking to him. If he hadn't, then we'd have three other people calling BS on his story.

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Exactly. I don't know if this only pertains to people who go/went out a lot, but I sure would have called BS had he not mentioned the VIP connections. Otherwise I wouldn't imagine him just "running into" Rafer like that.

4. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

Go back to realgm....a lot of people thought you were just "too cool" there too. I don't think anything you said was in any way a lie. It's just that three quarters of your post was about your "Miami Vice" entry.

5. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

So all you have to do is mention how you passed the ropes and didn't pay to be legitimate?

I saw Hakeem last night and we played bball. I won. We didn't have to pay cuz I was with some of my cool friends. We sat VIP as well. Hakeem hooked me up since I beat him. He said he might be traded to Toronto.

#105 Darrinlane, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Pradaxpimp is angry because he wears the expensive threads to gain the the perception he is MONEY, and he can't get into the list club. When simply all it takes - is to know someone to put you on. Simple as that. That's how it works in Dallas; I'm sure that's how it works in Houston.

7. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Thats how it works everywhere....

8. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

I ran into Rafer last night, no big deal. He was not wearing a shirt, he was in the parking lot of fonde with his Red Bentley GT running just hanging out talking to just about everyone.

He seems pretty cool, he played like crap though.

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Better than not. If you're going to make sh*t up, make it somewhat plausable.

But then, I don't have the insane problem that you do with a part of his story that aldo didn't bother the vast majority of posters in this thread. Honestly man, just quit hatin. Even if he was bragging, wtf is the problem with a man gettin a little shine? Hell, he's giving us info we wouldn't have known about otherwiise. Damn, sometimes people here can be worse than chicks...

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

And here comes the other disgruntled person. You know what, let me just apologize to both of you guys for upsetting you with my story. I feel that any decent story has at least a couple of layers which I explained already but if you both are fighting so hard to make your point, it is clear that I must have done something pretty darn bad. Hopefully this is a lesson learned to anybody who mentions going out to the club to leave out details of anything good happening to you. Only make mention of things like getting a drink thrown on you, girls turning you down, you getting bounced from the club or getting beaten up, lol. Thanks for putting me in my place by the way.

Also define a lot. I counted 2 or 3 out of a bunch of people so let's not take to exaggeration and distortion of facts in order to attempt to make your point. That is like saying a lot of people here thought I was "too cool" when so far it has just been you and one other guy. It is funny that you chose those words...you know, other people thinking I'm too cool. Allow me to paint a picture for you. Reminds me of when I was in school and guys got to talking bad about a pretty girl saying she thinks she is all that and she is stuck up when the real problem is they were too intimidated to approach her because deep down inside they were thinking that she was all that and the real problem here was that she probably wouldn't give them the time of day. They attempted to tear her down to make themselves feel better because they knew they couldn't have her. All the while she is very popular, a nice girl just living her life, not doing anything to anybody and dating who she wants because she doesn't have to settle for anything less than what she feels she deserves. Somewhat hypocritical considering how these same guys will talk about how ugly some other girl is and wouldn't be caught dead with her. So now aren't they being stuck up too or is it different? Stuck up or just being selective, knowing what you like, and getting it? Perception isn't always reality although one's perception is often their reality. Your perception is I'm trying to come across as a guy cooler than everybody(not the case in reality as far as I'm concerned) but I get the impression that your attempt to tear my post down to some degree makes you feel better about you on some level. Is that the reality of the situation, I don't know but that is how it looks from my vantage point. I'm not mad at you though.

#110 vator, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  11. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i'm not negative, its just the way u presented ur post.

12. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

wow Dr. Phil. Are you going to tell me to get real? Thanks for assuming but try again pal.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Maybe Miami now has their sights set higher than Rafer:

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/203410.html

"Sacramento hasn't ruled out trading point guard Mike Bibby, and now views the Heat as a potential partner if it does, an NBA official said. The Heat would give up Jason Williams, but whether Miami would move Udonis Haslem in such a deal is questionable. Bibby, due $13.5 million and $14.5 million the next two seasons, could be packaged with forwards Kenny Thomas or Shareef Abdur-Rahim."

14. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

That would certainly explain Miami's reluctance to move Haslem to the Rockets if they thought they had a shot at Bibby instead of Rafer....

15. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

I don't want to further derail this - but I do want to respond to this.

I don't think you're trying to be a jerk, and I'm not trying to call you one. I didn't respond to the initial post, but honestly, my first reaction to the way you told the story was that you wanted to brag about how you were rollin VIP that night more so than that you wanted to relate the story of what happened with Skip. I thought most of that stuff was irrelevant to the conversation you had with him.

I'm only saying this because you mention that only two people had an issue with your post. Frankly, I had an issue with it, but I didn't see the point in getting into it. It could very well be that a lot of people started to read the post, rolled their eyes, and didn't say anything. The mere fact that only two people posted negatively doesn't mean that only two people had a negative reaction.

I'll say it again - I don't think you're necessarily trying to make yourself sound like a big baller here - maybe you felt those were important details. I think it made your story weaker, rather than stronger, but that's just my opinion. We all interpret information in different ways.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess I'm used to hearing LA stories like this, but I had no problem with vator's post. Some people like cut n dried stories while others want details. No big deal. It's just a member sharing his good time with the rest of us.

If you had your own Rockets story to share just hope random people don't pile on you on a random detail you put in or left out, if you had your own story...

Take it as you wish.

17. momosworld

momosworld Member

The real lesson is here is that the season needs to start before some clutchfans go canibal on each other or get locked up at HCMHC for going around suggesting we need to trade Rafer for Kobe to be serious contenders. The lull-in-the-offseason insnaity is rampant on the BBS.

18. herson713

herson713 Member

why they close the vspan email ... anyways vspan had a good game vs france (check out you tube search greece vs france) I hope he makes it in the nba it just looks like JVG didnt like him he was promised things by the team ... what ever right I just liked his game he just had to limit his mistakes.. but out team is loaded for next yr they should keep rafer on team till we get a better offer on table maybe a 1st rounder but the trade market should be good next yr we dont what could happen players hurt stuff like that sf3 comes to mind.

19. HakeemTheDream1

Cool story. Rafer has a lot of talent but I think Francis and James fir the team better.

20. t-mak

t-mak Member

Man i think we should trade rafer for rasual butler