1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "Random Rocket Trade Proposals" Thread - 2007 Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2007.

1. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I think he meant Juwan Howard. :)

2. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

And NO says the man with a bat in his hand!!!

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

That wouldn't be funny:) That would be stupid...Please no.

We don't want him here, we should search for some better players around PF

4. pli777

pli777 Member

a pointless and stupid thread. assessment completed.

5. ROCKETS-CEO

ROCKETS-CEO Member

:eek: :eek: :D It really would.

6. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

No josh xD...Juwan Howard! And please stop that Kobe nonsense.

7. christopherwg

christopherwg Contributing Member

Right now the Rox are a team that is capable (with the new coach) and the new faces of definitely getting out of the 1st round in the West and maybe even (if they are lucky) to the Conference Championship Finals -- but this team is not going to win the NBA next season -- I believe the window is closing fast with the health of players like T-Mac and Franchise -- so either one of these two recommended trades are the way to bring the 3rd Championship back to Clutch City this Year:

#1 Real GM Trade ID: 4171928 -- Denver/Houston -- Camby for Landry/Novak/Lucas/Head/Sura/Alston.

What Denver needs is 3-pt shooting and Cap relief and soon -- all of the Houston contracts going over are O or 1 yr. Camby is known to not be enamored with Karl and the Iverson/Melo team dynamic. Camby also has his house and spends his offseasons in Houston.

This would leave us with a rotation of Yao/Camby/Butler at Center and Scola/Camby/Hayers at PF; Battier/Wells/Snyder at SF; TMAC/Franchise/Snyder at SG and MJ/AB/Franchise at the Point. Defensively we would be solidified tremendously at the post and would immediately become a lot more athletic down low and help to clear out a lot of our unneeded roster.

#2 Real GM Trade ID: 4171916 -- Sacramento/Houson -- Artest for Battier/Snyder and '08 1st round pick -- Artest is a "powderkeg" that no new coach that hasn't worked with him doesn't need -- that is why this trade and getting the consummate "team citizen" in Battier and another draft pick next year works for the new Sacramento coach -- we get a tenacious D-stopper for the playoffs and someone that Adelman already knows and that will help install his system for the rest of the Rox and bring out the best in Bonzi as a former teammate.

This would leave us with a rotation of: Yao/Deke(assuming)/Butler at C; Scola/Hayes/Butler (with Artest helping in the Playoffs if necessary) at PF; Artest/Wells/Tmac/ at SF; TMac/Franchise/Head at SG (with Artest helping in the Playoffs if necessary) and MJ/AB/Franchise at PG.

Either one of these teams now (after doing one of these trades) could win an NBA championship this season. :)

8. yaozzzi

yaozzzi Member

#2 might think about it. BUT #1 hell no!!

9. sicemrockets09

sicemrockets09 New Member

I actually like the 1st trade better. Camby gives us that defensive stopper down low, who doesn't foul and make stupid mistakes aka Yao and Hayes. I wouldn't do the 2nd trade because Battier is a good player and I don't know why everyone on here wants to trade him. He's a good 3 point shooter and obviously one of the best defenders in the NBA. Plus, the fact that I wouldn't want Ron Artest's attitude problem on our team. Battier gets his shots and doesn't complain...Artest would want at least 20 shots a game and would complain if he doesn't get them.

10. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

Trash for Camby, hell yea!!!

#2 - Hell Yea! Artest Much > Battier

11. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Houston Trade: Rafer Alston, Kirk Snyder, Justin Reed, and Bob Sura.
    Nuggets Trade: Kenyon Martin

Houston: Before Trade
    PG Steve Francis / Mike James
    SG Tracy McGrady / Luther Head
    SF Shane Battier / Bonzi Wells
    PF Luis Scola / Chuck Hayes
    C Yao Ming / Dikembe Mutombo

Houston: After Trade
    PG Steve Francis / Mike James
    SG Tracy McGrady / Luther Head
    SF Shane Battier / Bonzi Wells
    PF Kenyon Martin / Luis Scola
    C Yao Ming / Dikembe Mutombo

Denver: Before Trade
    PG Allen Iverson / Chucky Atkins
    SG JR Smith / Von Wafer
    SF Carmelo Anthony / Linas Kleiza
    PF Nene Hilario / Eduardo Najera
    C Marcus Camby / Nene Hilario

Denver: After Trade
    PG Rafer Alston / Chucky Atkins
    SG Allen Iverson / JR Smith
    SF Carmelo Anthony / Linas Kleiza
    PF Nene Hilario / Eduardo Najera
    C Marcus Camby / Nene Hilario

12. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Good trade but Kenyon is always injuryed so that might not work.I would rather take Camby and give Alston,JL3,Justin Reed and Bob Sura.

13. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Ya, I agree. I'm pretty sure George Karl wants a pure point guard (ex. Steve Blake), They might want Alston and have Iverson play the 2 spot. So, I think they would do Alston, Reed, and Sura for Camby, but maybe they could get more for a Defensive Player of the Year. I think either Camby, Martin, or Nene will be traded.

14. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Kenyon Martin has the WORST contract in the NBA. I wouldn't touch that deal with a 10-foot pole.

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Oh, by the way, today is the first day that Justin Reed can be packaged in a trade for the Rockets. Perhaps we'll see some moves made in the next few days due to this added flexibility for Morey now. More likely we won't see anything until the eve of training camp, though.

16. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

To celebrate the day, i proposed the trade that have almost no chance of happening. :p

Atlanta Hawks: Josh Smith, Anthony Johnson

Houston Rockets: Justin Reed, Bonzi Wells, Kirk Snyder

17. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Or we could get Nene for Alston.Do the salaries match? :eek:

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not a trade proposal, but I didn't know where else to stick this idea.

What's Chris Andersen up to? He's someone we could potentially get real cheap who is a solid defender and rebounder and an athletic finisher. Will he still be suspended next year?

19. HakeemTheDream1

I would really like Houston to add Drew Gooden. The Cavs need a point guard so maybe trade Alston and Hayes for Gooden.

20. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Najera + 2009 2nd rounder for Alston + Reed ?

Marshall for Alston + Reed?

Basically trying to be more realistic and do moves to save some money (a little short term and more longer term) and add another vet who can give PF minutes.

#1340 Desert Scar, Aug 17, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2007