1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PS2 vs Gamecube vs XBox

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsfan34, Nov 6, 2001.

Tags:
?

PS2 vs Gamecube vs XBox

1. PS2

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  2. Gamecube

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. XBox

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

:rolleyes:

yah, whatever. I'm sure Sony is so scared of a couple of systems that have nothing but hype right now. Waaay too early to write off PS2, esp when the other systems don't have hardly any games. It's the GAMES, not the system.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I admit the guy who went to the testings may be an MS hater.....I just thought I'd pass along what he said,I didn't think it would influence anyones buying decision.I will wait until I actually play with one before I make my decision,as I'm sure most ppl will.Like I said,I'm looking foward to Halo and have been following it's development for about 3 years now...if that game kicks as much ass as I think it will then x-box might be on my list.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Why wouldn't Sony be scared?

Gamecube and Xbox are backed by Nintendo and Microsoft respectively. Both systems are more powerful and advanced than the PS2, and won't be fading anytime soon.

I'm not writing off the PS2 however if people are in the market for a new system then IMO people should look at the Gamecube and Xbox before PS2.

It's just a matter of time before the game library builds up on Gamecube and Xbox.

4. red

red Contributing Member

it's all about third party support...

i've got a dreamcast...love it...
    i've got a ps2...love it...
    i doub't i will ever buy the gamecube...not a fan of their games...
    and i'll wait before xbox has a must have game...halo's screenshots just don't do anything for me...

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Why wouldn't Sony be scared?

Why should they be? Their comp hasn't done anything yet.

Gamecube and Xbox are backed by Nintendo and Microsoft respectively.

and? PS2 is backed by Sony.

Both systems are more powerful and advanced than the PS2, and won't be fading anytime soon.
    I would hope so. They came out what, a year later? But didn't the N64 brag about their superior technology before? They didn't do anything with it. Once again, it's not about the system, but the GAMES.

I'm not writing off the PS2 however if people are in the market for a new system then IMO people should look at the Gamecube and Xbox before PS2.
    Fine, that's your opinion, but you WERE writing off PS2 in the previous statements you made. IMO, it's too early(and expensive :) ) to tell.

It's just a matter of time before the game library builds up on Gamecube and Xbox.
    I've heard that before ...

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Has anyone mentioned the technical problems of the 2nd gen PS2's becuz Sony produced them in a hurry?

My two football games are always flinching beyond the 1st down marker.

Also, NCAA 2002 may not be bettter than NCAA 2001. They improved some things, but they made others worse.

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Death to 'em all!
    Dreamcast is 10000000000000000% better
    Dreamcast surfs 'da net (I'm doing it right now)
    DC = BEST
    PS2 = BAD
    XBOX = WORSE
    GAMECUBE = OK

8. Q8 Rocket

Q8 Rocket Member

Game Cube rules :D

9. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Just look at the games. Look at the lists currently available and see which really draw your interest. Then look at how much you are willing to spend.

I'm currently headed for a Gamecube. THere are more games I want to play right off the bat (SMASH BROS MELEE being ahead of the pack), Nintendo has a decent track record with good games, and it will be the cheapest.

The XBOX looks good, however. IT's got the best specs/power, I believe, though it's games appeal, in my opinion, to those of us who have been big PC gamers for a while. There isn't a commercial, big name console series to really drive their system right off the bat. I may get an XBOX down the line; but for some reason I feel like once I build my new comp I won't have much of a need for it. It'll depend on what games come down once its released.

I probably won't be getting a PS2, though I'm tempted. I guess later on it may come down to an XBOX/PS2, but I'm not sure. I have to say though - I played DEVIL MAY CRY the other day, and that is an incredible game.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Just a little bump.

+ those XBox commercials really suck ass.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Anyone have any inside info on when Gamecube is coming out? Suppose to be the upcoming Sunday, but I have heard rumours that some stores might start selling it as early as Wednesday!

GAMECUBE! GAMECUBE! GAMECUBE! :mad: