1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nagging fear

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by goophers, Nov 13, 2001.

1. goophers

goophers Member

Does anyone else have a nagging fear that if bin Laden did have a nuke, that he would bury somewhere in Kabul and wait for all his opponents to gather there? The sudden pullout, and news that he met with Pakistani nuclear scientists, and the gathering of all opposition Afghans in Kabul to form a coalition gov't has given me an uneasy feeling. Just wondering if the thought had occurred to anyone else.

P.S. I know this is very unlikely, but it was just a passing thought.

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I doubt if he could set it off, and I'm sure that the government has all kind of technology at their disposal to detect things like that. Besides if they do that they die to, because all of the land around their would be uninhabitable, they wouldn't ANYBODY support, thus everybody would rain down and wipe them out, and at best they're stuck in the mountains and will die slowly. Nothing good would come of something like that other then an ego stroking for a few seconds, and instant death soon after.

3. Timing

Timing Member

I was thinking about this also. I was beginning to think they were just sucking in all of the Northern Alliance troops in order to hit them with chemical weapons or something. If bin Laden has nuclear weapons, what's to prevent him from using it as he's being surrounded. He could make a tape ahead of time and blame it on the US. I don't know if he's wicked enough to do something like that though.

4. treeman

treeman Member

He wouldn't waste a nuke on Kabul. If he has any nukes, they are meant for American cities (or Israeli cities, if he has enough).

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I bet he is...

rH