1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

19-Year-Old Arrested For Movie "Piracy"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

am I the only one that read the story as her having a DIGITAL CAMERA?

not a camcorder

1 - cameras only record 15-20 seconds of video

2 - the video quality is CRAPPY (even in good ones)

If it WAS a camcorder (a device that can record high quality continuous video) then I agree...dumb dumb dumb

if not, and I read it right, zero tolerance blows sheep, and the manager is a moron for bugging the already overburdened cops and judicial system with this idiocy.

2. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

I like how they put "make memories" in quotations.

I'd like to make some "memories" all over that chick.

I bet she knew the law and that she could get in trouble but figured that no one would press charges / even bother her. Excuses are like assholes everyone has one. Once the court hears her case she'll probably just get a slap on the wrist

3. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

She's hot. So I guess she deserves a pass.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

how the **** did i miss thread?

TO MAKE MEMORIES?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

do you really mean that?

peace biscuit

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Good catch. When I skimmed it I guess I automatically read it as digital video camcorder (they have those right? I don't keep on video technology...). While within his rights to call the cops, I think the manager was a little gung ho in this case.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Actually most digital cameras nowadays can record up to whatever amount of space u have left on the memory card. My SD700 does aobut an hours worth on a 2GB card, my Cqasio Exilim Z850 could do about 90 minutes worth on a 2GB card. The quality wasn't too terrible :p

8. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

First, For all they new, she could have recorded a hundred movies at their theater previously. They called the cops to make sure she can't keep doing that and to make sure she hasn't already recoreded a bunch of films.

Second, films at their release in theater are worth A LOT more than a mp3. Theaters spend obscene amounts of money just to RENT the movies to exhibit at their theater. It's not like pirating a DVD

Third, How is it not zero tolerance in the other things you mentioned? Do they let me go if I just drove drunk from a friends place to mine?

It's unfortunate that she just happened to be recording a 30 second bit when they were looking out at the theater but the movie theater did the right thing by calling the cops. They can't read her mind to figure out why she is doing that and they can't trust she won't lie if they ask her.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

there are digital cameras that record over 20 minutes at a time of quality video...

others have unlimited video recording capabilities for a little more $$ and a SD card...

people are taping entire concerts these days, one song at at a time, with their digital cameras

#69 across110thstreet, Aug 4, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2007