1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher: I dont see a Tmac-led team winning a chip, EVER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chronz, Aug 3, 2007.

1. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

His back is broke. It's no secret. He's not the same player physically as he used to be. He can't work out heavily in the offseason and condition himself for the season because of his back.

2. SmitingPurpleEm

You're more optimistic about McGrady's future than I am. I think he will play no better next year than he did this year, and that's at best. He is on the downside of his career. And don't give me the "second year after the injury" because you aren't even willing to give Yao a few months to return to form after an injury, while you gave McGrady more than a year.

Of course, Ric covered himself by saying McGrady led. If the Rockets win, he'll say Yao led them to victory (he is a YOF after all).

3. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

True, but McGrady's not our leader. Therefore, this does not apply to us! ;)

4. declan32001

declan32001 Member

If there is an ounce of reality in your opinion then we're darn sure lottery bound.

5. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

RB also thinks Horry belongs in the hall of fame...even though for 82 games a year he coasts

6. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

I can care less about rick bucher,I only care about what the rockets do this season,That is his perspective and I have my own point of view.To each his own

7. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

EFF BUCHER :mad:

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Before Chauncey Billups went to Detroit I doubt there was a single person alive who could even see him making an All-Star team, much leading his team to multiple championships and collecting some Finals MVP awards in the process.

Steve Nash wasn't so far from All-Star status before he went to Phoenix, but NOBODY (with the possible exception of Bryan Colangelo) could have ever imagined him winning multiple MVP trophies and making Phoenix a title contender. But does anyone doubt Steve Nash could very well lead Phoenix to a title now?

With both of those guys it was probably a combination of several factors - system, maturity, a new start on a new team, etc. Tracy McGrady doesn't have a new team, but he does have new (and better) team mates and a brand new system. He also has several new guys who can ease the scoring burden on him in crunch time. He's no longer our only option in the final minutes. I'm not saying that any of this means Tracy McGrady will lead the Rockets to a championship, but I think it all proves that it's a ridiculous assertion that McGrady (who is far better now than Nash or Billups were before their moves) will never lead a team to a championship. Hell, people even used to say that about Jordan.

9. anon3803

anon3803 Member

I think that's a load of bull. Sure, if you have fresher legs in the 4th and conserve your energy, it'll be easier. But what separates the very good from the great is the ability to take it to another level. To mentally force your body to the limit.

We've seen it with Jordan when he played through the flu, Kobe has proven it playing through injuries, and like it or not, Francis showed some of that fire in the playoff series against the Lakers where he went into the lane again and again despite being battered and bruised each time.

McGrady has shown time and time again that he can't take it to that next level, despite all his talent. He lacks the mental edge of Wade, Bryant, Jordan and maybe even Francis. I'm in no way saying Francis is better than McGrady, I just think McGrady lacks the mental toughness to lay it ALL out on the court. IMHO, Francis, James, and maybe Yao (if some of Dream's mentality rubs off on him) will be the difference makers down the stretch.

10. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

tmac sucks. i agree he won't lead us to the promiseland. we need somebody else to take over at crunchtime cuz obviously tracy can't.

i'm sick of "it's all on me." and "i was crying after game 7" and "next year i'll be back <smirk>". i'm done with the talk, he has not and most likely never will back it up.

hope he proves me wrong though.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If I had to bet money, I would bet bucher is right.

12. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

So many idiots in this thread who actually agree with Ric "the Fool" Bucher. What a sad day.

13. bluesinsoul

bluesinsoul Member

very well said.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks. Sometimes I say things that aren't stupid. Those are good moments. :D

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

From an outside perspective, he doesn't inspire confidence when he declares must win situations but his team fails to deliver.

It might be unfair, but he put himself in that spot, and people are definitely going to question whether that messes up his head a little bit.

That said, Bucher's smoking crack if he thinks TMac can't learn from his mistakes.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

i believe what he said.. tmac just doesn't even have the enough energy or stamina to last 7 games of the first round.. can't believe this guy endorses vitamin water..

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Yao & Tmac are the leaders on this team. Francis and James are role players. I sure hope they know their place which is passing to Yao and Tmac and slashing to the basket.

18. anon3803

anon3803 Member

That may be true, but you can't fault Bucher on his assessment. All we can base anything on is what's happened in the past. So far, T-Mac has yet to take it to the next level. Can he? Well, he certainly has the talent. Will he? That remains to be seen. I hope he does learn to step it up, but I wouldn't bet any money on it.

19. The Brian

The Brian Member

oh please, you can't fault bucher on this.

bucher is simply going off what he has: the past.

and if you look at the past, mcgrady can't even get out of the first round, so it's not illogical for him to make a comment like this.

i believe we can win a championship, but i can't fault bucher for having this opinion after what has happened.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

that was the first thing that went through my mind when I read the title.