1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

should we go after kobe??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cmpatel, Aug 2, 2007.

1. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

That's right. *I* don't like him. And *I* don't want to hate anybody on the Rockets. So *I* don't want him on the team. My post was really in response to the guy who said "EVERYBODY who wouldn't trade T-Mac for Kobe is just blinded with love for T-Mac", which is not true. There are plenty of other reasons not to want him on the team. Like the fact that he's a complete douche, for example. This is all just my opinion, of course. I'm not saying it's objective fact.

I don't agree with that at all. As long as the game of basketball is a team sport, having one superphenomenal talent doesn't necessarily guarantee your team will be better. Consider the amount of time the rest of the Lakers feel frozen out of the game, and do not play up to their potential.

Frankly, IMHO, those who want Kobe on the team are blinded by their love of his individual abilities and are not thinking objectively about the impact he has on his teammates. And how that impact affects the overall performance of the team.

2. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

I'm playing NBA2K7, as (don't kill me) the Lakers and traded Odom and other junk to the Rockets for T-Mac (I then also got rid of Kobe for Arenas cause like Nero can't stand the guy, but I digress).

Maybe Rockets can do the same thing. Start with James and Bonzi and build a package around those 2 for Kobe. Hey, something similar worked on a video game so it must be possible in real-life, right?....

3. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Apologies, Nero. Should read GoatBoy (honest mistake. Nero, GoatBoy very similar could have happened to anyone)

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

5. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

You mean how the Lakers were on pace for 50 wins at the start of the season before the injuries took a toll? Or how bout him being the star on Team USA? Give him the right pieces, and he will make it work. He has to take all the shots in LA because there is no one willing to do it, Smush Parker sucks, I don't think he should be badmouthing anybody.

6. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

phahahahaha. Whats that sound I hear yup it is the sound of a certain thread starter having his merits taken away. This is so stupid I will not even make a case of the infanant number of reasons this has 0% chance of happening.

7. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

Hilarious.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a better chance that Larry Smith will replace Jintao as the leader of China.

9. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Whatever. He's a whiner and an attention-wh0re. It's obvious that his own teammates don't even like him. His ego has gotten so big, that he's a cancer. His hubris will be his downfall.

10. anon3803

anon3803 Member

I have to agree with Storm Surge. Kobe >> TMac simply because he has the 'it' factor. He has that same competitive edge that Jordan had. Very few people have it or can maintain over more than a few years.

Kobe's ball-hogging and arrogance is overrated because 1) he's been carrying the Lakers for the past few years and 2) he doesn't warm up to the media like other stars.

Kobe would be an improvement for the Rockets, but the odds of it happening are infinitesimally small. It simply isn't Morey's way to get a player like Kobe. It's a high-risk low-reward type of move. Ask yourself how much Kobe could improve this team. We've already got T-Mac. Kobe's an improvement, but it isn't that much of an improvement over T-Mac. Kobe's also expensive and you just can't bench him if he acts up.

11. Sextuple Double

Take an anonymous survey of every player in the league and ask them who would they rather play with, Kobe or T-Mac. T-Mac gets 90%+, guaranteed.

On another note, please lock.

12. yaozzzi

yaozzzi Member

not again... 1 star thread. :confused:

13. The Brian

The Brian Member

many have gone on record, including jason kidd and baron davis, saying they want to play with kobe.

kobe is the best player all around player in the nba, the league's best talent at the moment, and easily the most unstoppable offensive player right now.

t-mac is terrific, but he's not near the level kobe is at on both sides of the floor. kobe won with shaq; he can win with yao.

the only thing kobe wants is to win right now, and that's enough to convince me he can make the team work like it did with shaq.

14. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I think the Lakers woudl only take Yao in exchange for Kobe - and that's not going to happen.

15. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I would not see one team out there who has a superstar trading him for T-Mac due to his history of back problems.

Another thing, Mitch Kupchak is likely not listening to offers for Kobe Bryant.

16. RoxandRex

RoxandRex Member

the rox is better even without kobe...

17. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

rockets can get KG allen and pierce here to form big 5

18. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I wanted to give this thread 1 star even before I clicked it.

19. abundance

abundance Member

Rockets were full of injuries too and we still got 54 wins with Yao riding pine and T-Mac doing the scoring.

20. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

Do you really mean 52 wins?