1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sighting of Yao Ming & Ye Li in their Nuptial Dress

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

that is actually a smart move

lots of ppl like me dont have the time to search for any new news in one gargantuan thread.

somthin like this deserves its own thread imo

btw..hope they get hitched on the 5th, then me and Yao would have something in common.

the 5th of August is a great day, and it has been very good to me, born on it, married on it. ;)

2. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

It's also my birthday too! :D Happy early birthday R2K!

3. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Yao needs to have more kids.....2030 NBA All Star Game:

West Starting Center : Yao
    East Starting Center : Yao

:D

4. monkinamr2

monkinamr2 Contributing Member

the bbs that pryuen built.

5. Coca Cola Scola

In reference to East starting center/West starting center 2030: Yao

LOL. :D Maybe, by then, some of them will be playing power forward a reinventing of the power forward position the way 7 footers started playing power forward this decade. A 7'6" power forward. Kevin Yao-nett. :eek:

6. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

ya probably, the nba keeps getting taller and taller..I could definitely see a 7 foot guard in 30 yrs.

7. Coca Cola Scola

We've already had a hall of famer point guard at 6'9" (Magic)....so it would be itneresting to see how much bigger they get. The centers and forwards before the 70's seem like midgets and slow unathletic players compared to some of the athletic freaks we have these days.

8. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

No, Rockets fans should hope for a Hakeem Yaolajuwon.

9. Coca Cola Scola

I would be happy to have either. :D Since Yao is so in love with his wife, maybe they should squirt out a bushel like in that movie "Cheaper by the dozen" Wilt Chamberlain Yao 1st son/Hakeem Yaolajuwon 2nd son/Kevin Yao-nett 3rd son/Earvin Magic Yao-son point guard 4th son. How tall is his girlfriend? She looks like she's at least 6'6".

10. LIN

LIN Member

Yeah,Ye li ,Yao's fiancee,is also a basketball player.They fell in love with each other many years ago.Did yao mention it in his book?

11. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

OOPPSS....it is Taihuyuan, and not Taiwuyuan !! :eek:

12. LIN

LIN Member

It's not very far from the city where i live.Maybe i'm able to attend their wedding and take some pics of them. :p

13. pryuen

If I remembered it correctly....he did mentioned about it.

And there were articles by Yang Yi and others telling us how Yao Ming got rejected for 3 years by Ye Li, ever since he met her as a 17-year-old in the same basketball court where they trained, and how Yao Ming managed to win her heart over.

I had all those stories with me, all fully translated and posted on YMM in the past.

If fans over here like to read, I can dig out from the YMM database, and repost them here.

14. bushi63

bushi63 Member

china wouldnt allow it.. isnt it true that the basketball players have to get approval from the chinese gov't to whom they can marry?... i dont think its a coincidence that yao's parents are like 6'9 and 6'7... and now their 7'6 son marries a 6'8 chick from china..

15. pryuen

As tall as Steve Francis :D ......1.9M.....i.e. 6 ft 3.

[​IMG]

16. playlife

playlife Member

too bad that cannot happen with the one child policy in China

17. pryuen

Hey man....IMHO, your above statement just matched your nick nicely, but without a T appending to it....(Yes, I mean BUSH!!ttt !!!)

China has changed over the years. And people including star athletes are now free to choose whom they like, love and marry.

You might not have seen pictures of the girl friends of some of the up and coming basketball players of China, like those of Sun Yue and Yi Jianlian. All beautiful super models/actresses that are not related to basketball or sports.

In the case of Yao Ming, Ye Li is his first love. He met her at the tender age of 17 on the basketball court, when he and she belonged to the same team from Shanghai. (Ye Li played for Shanghai Octopus, and Yao Ming played for Shanghai Sharks.)

It was sort of love at first sight for Yao Ming. But Ye Li was not impressed by Big Yao at first....and it took Yao Ming almost 3 years before he finally won her heart.

So definitely it was not what you thought....nothing prearranged, not a conspiracy at all.

18. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

yeah and Yao's parents were set up together by friends, like a date am I right? that wasn't the evil Chinese government planning world domination by making ultimate NBA players was it? If anything the government was doing to Yao's parents before he was born, was giving them the shaft in making them work crappy low level basketball jobs, I think, can't remember the whole story

19. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I thought you just had more benefits with 1 or less child, not you can only have one? Plus it's Yao Ming, he can do what he wants, like live in the USA after he retires.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we should throw a bachelor party in honor of Yao!