1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Minnesota going to be any competition to us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 31, 2007.

1. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

not for a long time

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

ouch just realized that, now his veteran leadership is needed more than ever.

poor guy but he has 100+ mil in the bank so i think he'll live

3. uchlha

uchlha Member

uh minnesota didnt draft noah dude

4. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

they do have chris richards from florida who is a nice big body in the front court

6. yaozzzi

yaozzzi Member

no competition!!!

7. ChalupaSupreme

Oh man.. I feel really sorry for him now. But somehow this got me chuckling a bit, am I a bad person? JHo need to hire Yi's handlers so he can get out of Minnie.

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm a diehard Gators fan, so I'd like to see Brewer and Richards have success wherever they go (does tinman approve or do I have to leave now?). But the truth is a 'young team w/ upside' = puppies get slaughtered in the West.

9. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

they probably won't be as much competition as Dallas, Pheonix, San Antonio, Utah...

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Ahhhh, you got me. I was doing too many things at once, popped over to Draft Express and got that off their outdated mock draft thinking it was the draft results. I feel foolish.

11. Navman

Navman Member

This is a very silly thread. Going into full rebuilding mode does not translate to contender overnight. How the hell are you even bringing this up for debate?? At the very least, discuss how the true winners of this trade will be of competition to us.

12. Navman

Navman Member

I'm talking about the Celtics in case you're that dim.

13. abundance

abundance Member

Youth and athleticism doesn't beat talent and skill. The Timberwolves are now made up half the Celtic's 8-man rotation. That rotation was only good enough for a 24-58, the 2nd worst record in the league. Now imagine that lineup without Paul Pierce, and you can see how bad that it will be. They will be dominated by playing the Spurs, Mavs, Jazz, Nuggets, and Phoenix, 4 times each.

14. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

how would you like to be the director of ticket sales for the wolves? talk about a tough sell? and randy wittman may go into hiding...talking absolutely no chance to win for the foreseeable future

15. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

God please bless Rockets so that we don't end up playing them only 3 times next season.

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

The Wolves did very well. they got a stud in Jefferson to be there franchise player. gerald green is no chump either. what i like the most is that theo has a monster expirer at seasons end. there gonna be a major player in the 08 Talent laden free agency period. Jefferson, green, McCant, Foy, brewer is a very solid young core to build around. throw in a star free agent next year, and there gonna be good for years to come.

17. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Plus, the real reason they did this trade was to get the number one draft pick next June. Remember how this sorry-excuse for a group of basketball players got the Celtics the rights to Greg Oden..... Opps! Nevermind.... Atleast Minnesota fans can cling on to the hopes that one day, Al Jefferson (who I really like) can be atleast 3/4 of the player Garnett will be or else this could be another Joe Smith experience that will put the Wolves three/four years back again.

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I cant see how this will put them back in any sort of way. they get huge amount of cap space. they get some great young talent to build around.it's gonna be a 3 to 4 year process for them. but once they all mature, this team is gonna be fun to watch.

19. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

I like you alot when you have your factoids strait but I havent seen a poster as horribly misinformed as you seem to be alot of the time. Noah is not a T-wolf he is a Bull.

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

T-wolves are going to have their worst record in years, book it. They've been on a steady decline since Cassell was gone from the Wolves