1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming: I Need To Excel/Surpass the Other Me

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jul 30, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

As promised, Part 1 of the interview of Yao Ming by Chen Min of Shanghai Morning Post where he talked about his position in the national team, the Houston Rockets and his current goal after surpassing all his previous targets.

#1 pryuen, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  2. Bald Puppet

Bald Puppet Member

Did he really call T-Mac unstable? :confused:

3. thegreatakbar

thegreatakbar Member

yao ming is the spine of the rockets no doubt

4. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Probably a bad translation. He probably meant streaky, which is true about Tmac.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He sounds like "John from Cincinnati." Probably an uneven translation.

6. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Reading this article makes me worry about Yao's shoulder. Exactly what happened to it? Is it career threatening? We didn't hear about it during the season, but it suddenly came about after the season ended. Anyone has any idea?

7. pryuen

Be patient .....and wait for the Part 2 of this interview, where Yao Ming will discuss his shoulder injury in more details.

8. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Aah ... can't wait.... :eek: :eek:

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i'm a little worried about his shoulder considering i've read so many different things about it. thanks for the translation, and i'm looking forward to part 2.

10. The Brian

The Brian Member

i'm surprised yao was a bit jealous of mcgrady; however he knows the ultimate goal is a championship.

yao is truly a team player.

11. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Is it just me or does this enter not sound like Yao? I don't know what it is, but it seems like an evil Yao twin or something. Thanks for the update though. I am dying for some Rockets news. I come on here like every 15 minutes hoping something new has happened. Damn season takes forever to start....

12. SupraJames

SupraJames Member

I don't blame him for being jealous. He really is the spine of the Rockets and he carries them but TMac gets alot of the credit most of the time because he's flashier and makes more amazing plays.

13. The Brian

The Brian Member

i'd honestly rather have yao win an mvp over mcgrady.

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yea this does not sound like yao at all.

how can we trust if these are yao's quotes WORD FOR WORD and not partial translations?

i dont think yao would say that publicly even if he feels that way

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

how so? we went 20-13 w/o yao. and the team basically is the worst team in the league w/o mcgrady.

tmac basically made sloan play yao ming straight up in the series. yao had the defense he wanted b/c of sloan's persistence of stopping tracy.

16. The Brian

The Brian Member

this is pointless, but...

1. this team is not bad at all without mcgrady after the recent additions.
    2. yao was getting help defended every time he touched the ball. he wasn't getting played by okur alone. it was usually okur + a help defender like ak.

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

most stars get help defense in some way or another. hell, even mike miller requires help defense from all his screens.

but the defense yao got was perfect from utah.

i'm sure yao would abuse okur if he has a chance to watch the tapes and learn from his mistakes.

but the reason i say this is that everyone on this board believes we would not even make the playoffs even w/ all these additions if tracy went down w/ another back injury.

we might make the 8th seed and nothing more.

if yao went down, we could possibly get a 6 seed even.

18. SupraJames

SupraJames Member

1. We were the #4 seed last year record-wise and to be the #6 seed we just have to beat out the Lakers, GSW and Clippers. Honestly, how hard is it to do that? Either Yao or Tmac could've went down and we still would've gotten the 6th seed so your point is moot.

2. You're telling me that we wouldn't have been a Lakers-like team (which is an average, not so-elite team) last year if Yao had gone down with injuries? Are you kidding me man? Your primary center would've been either Juwan Howard (who's 6'9) or a 45 yr old (or however old he is) Dikembe Mutombo.

Yao is at least as important, if not more important, as Tmac in this team.

19. pryuen

Part 2 of the above interview (or actually Part 1?) where Yao Ming talked about his shoulder injury in details.

#19 pryuen, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  20. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

God you people cant appreciate how sweet those words sound to me. i've been waiting for this yao to comeout of he's shell. i will dominate for 45 and let tracy finish it. this is the yao we need. the monster who will go out to tear people and team's apart. I LOVE IT. I LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!