1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming's Feeling About Steve Francis' Return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jul 23, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

It has been quite quiet these few days without any news/update of Yao Ming.

But found this one from Wang Meng of Titan Sports on tom.com in which we sort of had a feel about how Yao Ming felt about Steve Francis' return.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for that. That was cool to read.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Once again thank you pryuen.
    I like the part where Yao reminds us of the sacrifice Francis made during his final season with the Rockets. We forget Francis completely changed his game for the sake of JVG and winning. We forget because he complained about the situation. But we can't deny his genuine attempt to succeed.

4. today

today Contributing Member

Thanks, great read.

Quick Chinese question: "At that time, people always said Steve Francis and Yao Ming were competing for something ( as the Lao Da) in the team;"

Earlier in the interview, Lao Da is translated as "Big Brother", but in this context it seems to be used as "Team Captain" or "Team Leader". Can you explain the meaning of Lao Da for me a little better?

Thanks pryuen =)

5. pryuen

Lao Da actually means Big Boss. :D

6. Dei

Dei Member

And Houston wins the NBA feel good award. I forgot about Tim Donaghy already.

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Good to hear something positive about our Rockets from the press. Now, if we could teach that to our writers in Houston...

8. Leaf

Leaf Member

But it just keep me wondering if one ball is enough for those 4 guys (Yao,T-mac,Steve % Mike James),maybe things won't go easliy to the way you want

9. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

He played the right way and carried us to the playoffs against the Lakers....I'll never forget that series. Steve will be the best third option in the league next year (I know that's a big assumption) and the Rockets will win more than 52 games barring major injuries.

10. longliverox

longliverox Member

I am kind worried about lock room chemistry, the subtle triangle relationship between Yao, SF and T-Mac

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

FRANCIS HATERS, PAY ATTENTION! You heard it straight from the mouth of Yao Ming himself. A guy that was actually on the court at the time, not sitting at home watching him on TV. If the main guy on our team is vouching for Steve Francis, everything from his sacrifices to his personality, why can't the fans do the same? Well, atleast we know that the theory of
    "Francis wanted to be the #1 option so he got traded" is finally dead.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Why don't you chill and come down from the high horse? Francis dribbling the air out of the ball was the problem. Now that he's a Rocket, hopeful he will get with Adelman's program and help us win a championship.

13. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Yao and Steve are legitimately downright cute together.

14. Northside Moss

Yeah, and not in a Mobley-Francis kind of way. Good news all around! :)

...Although...Mobley...

Nah. Nah. Nah. Get it out of my mind :(.

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Thanks Pryruen. great job as allways. anyhow, this season should be interesting. we have, yao, Tracy, Bonzi, Francis, James, Scola, head And rafer who are double digit calibare players who need the ball to be effective. is not an issue anymore, chemistry is.

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

werent steve and cat going on national tv saying "trade the pic" for lamar odom? yao must not have seen that! :D

17. tsunami

tsunami Member

In different context, Lao Da can have different meanings: big brother, team leader, boss, big dog, etc. But you know essentially they mean the same thing: leader, boss.

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I wish yao would start calling himself Lao Da ans started acting lik the leader on the court.

19. tsunami

tsunami Member

Basically Yao think he came to Houston because Francis picked him (got the 1st draft for H-town), and so he would always respect Francis as his Lao Da .....

20. pryuen

ABSOLUTELY !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]