1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Mention About Udonis Haslem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Furious Jam, Jul 21, 2007.

1. JD317²

JD317² Member

kanye's new song also reflects the rockets

"fast,better, stronger"

stronger- kanye west

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

True but Kapono was the same player Novak was until Miami's roster was so depleted that Riley's substitute coach (forgot his name) was forced to play Kapono and it surprisingly worked. :D

I'm not saying Riley would be dumb enough to think that Novak and replicate Kapono's numbers but you never know...

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

That's what I've been thinking with all these Rafer for Haslem rumors. Is there something wrong with him? Too big a contract? injury problem? Doesn't get along in the locker room? I haven't seen too much of him, but the few times I have, he's played quite well. Great role player that fit quite well with Shaq. I mean, if Miami does something like this, not only are they trading big for small, but young talent for old-talentless. Are they really that desperate for a final championship run and Alston can be that missing piece?

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Wow.. i really hope this happens. :eek: :)

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think a lot of you guys are underrating Haslem's worth. The only hole in his game is shot blocking and explosiveness, and it wouldn't even be fair to criticize him for that shortcoming. Hell even his contract is good. He is so much more valuable than Chris Wilcox. A player most of you guys would trade your mom and soul for.

And face it. Hayes, Alston, and Head will probably all have to be part of the deal. With our depth we can afford it. With Hayes or Scola starting I can't see us winning it all. With Haslem you would have to put us in the mix (barring chemistry disasters). If we can 3way and get the Heat Foster (thus retaining Hayes) that would be the best possible scenario. Us losing only Head and Alston. But dont count on us coming off with that kind of robbery...

6. yaoza ming

yaoza ming Rookie

remind me again why miami needs a point guard? don't they have jason williams? and why would they want to part with Udonis Haslem?

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Haslem for Rafer's contract's don't match so the Rockets would have to include someone else. If the Heat wanted Bonzi included would you make the deal?

8. JD317²

JD317² Member

NO.
    we need Bonzi

9. steddinotayto

Jason Williams has been too injury prone to be counted on. Gary Payton is too old and slow to start for them.

Their PG issues has been pretty much known ever since the offseason began. They wanted Mo Williams, then had an interest in Francis, now they're pushing hard for Navarro. This is why I think Rafer + Head or Novak will do it; they're almost to the point that they are desperate for a point guard that can play a whole season.

10. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

At the rate Morey's going, maybe he'll figure out a way to get Haslem for free. :p

Then he can trade all those other guys for someone else... ;)

11. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Who would Miami start at PF if they traded away Haslem? They are still trying to win a ring afterall.

12. steddinotayto

I honestly forgot but didn't Dorrell Wright play some PF for them in the beginning of the season? He showed signs of being a pretty good role player. Of course, the Heat has no one on that team that can rebound and be aggressive like Haslem other than Mourning, but I think Riley is bold (or stupid, however you want to think about it) enough to try and go with Walker at the 4 and have a capable starting PG than to enter the season with a glaring hole at the 1.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

They have Antoine Walker still. And Wayne Simien but he is coming off injury. And they still want to make another trade with James Posey's expiring contract. So they can make moves.

14. redhova

redhova Member

How about instead of next years first Landry.

15. abundance

abundance Member

Gary Payton is retiring. Jason Williams, 31, has missed over 40 games with injuries during the last 2 seasons and is on the last year of his contract. His contract will probably not be renewed, because he is breaking down.

16. abundance

abundance Member

Let me rephrase the previous post for clarity. This upcoming season is his last year. :)

17. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Haslem for any of those guys is worth doing because Haslem is a force under the boards. We need rebounding and Haslem does all that plus he'll give you decent points from the PF position. Since we cannot find enough playing time for Alston and Head, they are expendable.

18. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

What is the fascination with Haslem?
    Size? -- He's only 6-8 and 230 lbs.
    Shooting? --"Jump shot needs work." Hoopshype Player Assessment
    Rebounding? --"Pretty good rebounder." Ibid

We already are "blessed" with Carl Landry at a much cheaper price. I would prefer that we package Alston with some excess baggage to get a star potential big that is in the developmental stage -- probably in Europe. Why? Scola will eat up most of the PF minutes, Butler can cover the bigger, heavier PFs, and Hayes can mop up against the rest.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

6"8" 230? Sounds good to me...
    Jump shot needs work my ass. He is a consistent midrange shooter similar to Blount or Boozer.
    Pretty good rebounder?- Umm... Okay. Yes. He is. Whats the problem?

20. SladeRider

SladeRider Member

You have to take into account that Haslem knows what it takes to win after winning a championship with the Heat, he knows how to play alongside a dominate center and would be a great roleplayer.