1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "Random Rocket Trade Proposals" Thread - 2007 Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2007.

1. chinesetaco

chinesetaco Contributing Member

Yao and Yi are not going to match together. I'd bet the chinese would like to have them in different cities.

2. Rick Astley

Rick Astley Member

Mr. Preposterous Trade Suggestor!

3. rocketsmetalspd

Yes, the Rockets should instead trade for Haslem. I don't know if Rafter, Head, and Novak can get it done but it is worth a try. The Heat need guards and since they lost their sharp shooter Kapono Novak should cover that area.

4. xishi

xishi Member

ummmmm ill take yi.

5. evonmeng

evonmeng Member

Alston +Sura for Haslem or some big guy who can defend, rebound. Considering Scola may need half season or longer to be adapted the NBA game, Yao need a immediate big guy's help.
    We can still keep Mutombo as a player and coach, if we have enough spots.
    BTW: where is the Greece center, has he been cut off?

6. Northside Moss

Um...where did the random trade ideas thread go?

Anyways, time for the Northside to float its crazy ideas.

Mhmm.

David Lee.

He has a better rebounding rate then Foster plus he actually knows how to score!

But I know, I know, "u r idiot, isiah would never trade lee away".

Well, apparantly getting Randolph has changed things. Its said that a David Lee for Ron Artest trade fell through. Then I looked at the Rockets, and our trade assets and I said, hell yeah we have the stuff to make this trade. Let's do it!

Battier+Sura for Lee+Malik Rose

Now, this is coming from an outsider position, but wouldn't Battier be the perfect fit for all the egos and non-hustle on the Knicks? So Isiah gets two nice assets (an expiring is always nice) and gets rid of a terrible contract and we get Lee (hoorah!) but in return, we have to shoulder Malik Rose's terrible contract (then again, it expires in two years, so some potential).

7. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Where did the Random Trade thread go? It was eaten by every thread in the GARM. Almost every one of them has a random trade tucked in the belly of the thread.

8. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Lee couldn't even go for Artest...................

Lee will never have a chance of being a Rocket for a long time.

Isiah does not need any more hatred from Knick fans.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

Lucas + future 2nd round pick (Negative trade value) to Hornets (Minimum salary exception)

Alston + future 2nd round pick + cash considerations (Negative trade value) to Bobcats (Under the cap)

Head + Snyder + Reed + draft rights to Landry to Boston for Gerald Green + Brian Scalabrine

*Head is similiar to Delonte West their preferred starting point who they dealt to get Ray Allen.
    *Rockets take on Scalabrine's bad contract, but save 475K in salary.

I don't want Head traded but the reality is Alston is this season's JHo. He has a contract that will be very hard to move. I recall the media saying how Toronto had done the impossible when they offloaded Alston's bad contract for James.

James Francis Brooks
    McGrady Bonzi
    Battier Green Harris
    Scola Hayes Scalabrine Novak
    Yao Butler

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Why would the celtics want to give up gerald green? He's from Houston, but I doubt they are going to give up youth for our scrubs.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

They get Luther, a replacement for Delonte

Rockets take on Scalabrine's bad contract

Ray Allen & Paul Pierce

12. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Oh, I'll play the trade game:

Washington: Etan Thomas
    Houston: Bob Sura + Justin Reed + 2nd round pick (hopefully acquired from NO for JL3 trade)

(Note: This trade can't happen before 8/14.) I believe Washington wants to move either Thomas or Haywood, so they may be willing to take cap relief in trade. Washington gets out under Thomas' deal and then buys out Sura for $1 million. Justin Reed is a throw-in, but at least his contract is smaller and shorter. I'd consider centering the trade around Alston instead, but I don't think they need or want him, given the fact that they have Arenas.

Houston gets a veteran-ish 6-10 PF who can block and rebound. Sure, his contract ain't great, and he's not the best PF in the world, but c'mon, we don't need an All-Star at PF, just someone decent. Plus, in this scenario, we get to keep Alston, our only pure PG... well, at least until the trade deadline.

13. AMD

AMD Member

I really don't think we need another trade for a PF. But if we make another one, we should go after someone bigger. If all we need is decent, then I think we already have a couple of capable decent PFs.

14. jaredg777

jaredg777 Contributing Member

I just heard about a potential trade: Rafer, Lucas & Novak to Denver for Najera...anybody else heard anything?

15. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Nope nothing. I'm sure we can get more than Najera for thoughs 3 players. Do the salaries even match up?

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Nada, but looking at it. Rockets would save 1M in salary. Nuggets are over the LT more than the Rockets. They also already have AI and Atkins to cover the 1. That said I like the idea even though it could spell the end for Harris.

17. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Are you honestly saying that 6'10" and 260 is too small for a PF? Chuck Hayes is 6'6" and 238, and Scola is 6'9" and 230.

We have 2 PFs on the roster. Scola is an unknown, and Reed looks like a scrub. I haven't counted Hayes, because he's an RFA. At any rate, Hayes is undersized.

18. lil_v12

lil_v12 Member

I think rafer and lucas but not novak. I like Najera he bring energy and hustle just like battier but giving away one starter and two bench players, one possibly a great 3 point shooter in another year or two, for Najera. I don't like that deal.

19. AMD

AMD Member

I was referring to Scola and Landry but I understand that they're both unknown.

20. azn perzuazn

azn perzuazn Member

Trade Alston + Novak + Sura to Miami Heat for Udonis Haslem
    John Lucas to Hornets for second round pick

This trade allows us to acquire a good defender and rebounder and trim the roster and get rid of our excess guards.