1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

only steve o could do this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Jul 19, 2007.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

thx for the info, denniscd. keep the info coming. :)

3:33? that's great. heheh.

2. pumbum

pumbum Member

his fans dont care if he dribbled too much or skipped a game for the superbowl.

everyone has bad days at work and calls in sick every now and then for a day off. people who dont get along with the new boss get transferred or fired. im so glad he's back and van gundy is gone.

sportsradio610 kept on playing the snippet of him saying he "built toyota center" by himself and were trying to clown him. he was unappreciated, struggling on a team with limited options and had a wack@ss coach in jvg. last i checked, the rockets havent gotten any further without him.

i guess my point is that francis has a ton of fans here no matter what his past is - he will undoubtedly make a positive impact on our team. #3 at 3:33 is all about that swagger .... glad its back. ill see all you haters at the games!

3. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

that is what i was told by people in the organization that should know...unless they were making fun of steve o. and i just think we had a steve o type player in james. dadakota...we will will 60 to 62 games with no chance of winning less than 57. but i dont like our bball iq in the playoffs with francis wells and james playing intergral roles. i also think battiers minutes will go down and i dont like that either.

francis has learned some but he has no feel for how to play

4. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

thats what im talking bout EFF THE HATERS = D ah i wish it was open conference

5. angryman

angryman Contributing Member

Can't wait for the conference, Francis is always a Rockets in my heart.

lol@the 3:33 thingy. Francis is still Francis I guess.

6. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

cmon you can love francis, but you cant say hes accomplished anything other than his one year here he made the playoffs. love the guy, hate his career. he was no franchise...they should call him stevie roll player.

7. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

So you don't care if skips a game next year so he can go to a party?

8. pumbum

pumbum Member

he's not going to skip a game for any regular party.

that was during superbowl. i skipped classes at UH just to go rockets game that week to see stars. saw diddy, janet and jermaine dupri. there was some serious buzz that week like never before. clubs were 100 bucks to get in to. galleria was packed with people trying to see stars. houston was francis' city at the time and he wanted to be a part of it and host some of it, thats why he missed the flight.

in the end .. doesnt even matter .... everyone plays hookie at some point, some get caught.

9. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

So do I!

10. dealmaker

dealmaker Member

does he still think he's the MAN? cause he's not.

11. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

and then try to lie about it.

I just hope he's grown up and matured since then. Also just because some didn't like him playing hookie so he could party doesn't make them a hater.

13. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I'm not thrilled with this move. I make it a habit to watch former Rockets on league pass, and I usually couldn't make it through five minutes of his Knick performances. More often than not, they played out like the nightmarish episodes all too familiar to people here- overdribbling, poor/delayed entry passes to Curry, and the inevitable offensive breakdown into a high screen. From another perspective, it's hard for any player to thrive in the genius offensive sets designed by Isiah Thomas. At the end of the day, I do buy into the moneyball philosophy, so I'll withhold judgement until Morey resolves the Alston, JLIII, Head logjam. Let the chips fall as they may.

Concerning the press conference, this 3:33 non-sense isn't a good sign. I proffer this indicator, which I call the David Caruso theory- if Francis shows up in shades, be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

14. JD317²

JD317² Member

if he keeps #3 im gonna be so pissed
    i gave away my francis jersey to charity a while back

damnnit!

15. Bald Puppet

Bald Puppet Member

I still got my Francis jersey tucked away in a drawer somewhere. I hope he keeps #3. :D

16. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Steve has several skills that the Rockets need:

1) Emotional leader on the court. Nice complement to the quiet Yao, Battier, and McGrady.
    2) Going to the basket. He can draw fouls and go around good defenders, which is a good 4th quarter skill. McGrady will do the ballhandling in the critical moments.
    3) Rebounding. He can compensate for a large, but not-great rebounding front line.

The last thing the Rockets need from Steve are big stats. He'll get as many points as Alston did in his sleep. Now that Steve has been knocked down a couple pegs, this may be the role that he was always meant to play.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

18. JD317²

JD317² Member

one time i was invited to a Rockets game out of no where and of course i said yes..
    my tmac jersey was in the laundry..
    so i showed up ova there with a #3 FRANCIS jersey
    and some @ss says... "Take that $hit off, steve francis sucks and he's never coming back"

i swear to god if i see that dude ever again at a game.. ima take my jersey and shove it in his mouth so he can stfu.

19. JD317²

JD317² Member

actually..
    the nba makes their size HIP HOP style.
    I bought a large jersey once..
    thing was huge.

20. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

LOL that's awesome!

Anybody who takes news the wrong way is pessimist, Debbie Downer to the max. Big deal...

Stuff like this makes me love the Franchise. Again, welcome back Steve! He was always a Rocket at heart, it'd be great to see him finish one.