1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] McGrady excited to have Francis (7/19)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jul 19, 2007.

1. rnbni99a

rnbni99a Member

YEZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

2. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

he pretended he didn't know, what a !@#$% lol

3. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

That was a great interview, and I think T-Mac's comments about Steve are sopt on. It sounds as though tmac already talkes him about all that crap he used to do, and told him it's not going to work here, and that he needs to understand it is tracy and yao's team and he is not going to be allowed to pull that crap. I also think that Adelman and co. have already told him he won't be allowed to do that stuff either.

I don't know if it will happen, but if steve is truly humbled and has enough brains to understand his role, and to just be glad to be in a place where he is loved, and a place he loves, then it might work out very well. If I were him i would be.

This t-mac interview has made me feel a lot better about this. tmac is going to be tough on steve and it is clear that steve is not going to be allowed to come in here and take over and be the franchise. It is tracy's team here in houston. Period.

4. Bald Puppet

Bald Puppet Member

Go away troll, this board is for ROCKETS fans only. :rolleyes:

5. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

If you listen closeley he says "when I talked to Steve last week !!" but he didn't know....Yeah Right !! Who Cares T-Mac is HAPPY !!!!!!! and so am I :)

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

obviously he knew francis was in consideration for the last week but it's possible he didn't know he had actually signed with the team. i don't see why tracy would fake surprise to it.

7. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Great interview. I liked Tmac not trying to sugarcoat concerns many fans have about Steve's play. If we get another decent PF, we are are top 4 team in the west...at least.

8. dealmaker

dealmaker Member

um... Isaiah neither signed Francis to that deal nor waived him.

9. AggieRocketFan96

Sick of you TMAC haters. I'll say one thing about TMAC. Like Stevie Francis, you always know you are going to get heart and effort from those guys night in and night out. TMAC, since coming to Houston, has evolved into a true leader, team player, and will eventually lead the Rockets to the promised land. I loved the part of the interview where TMAC said that its time for him and Steve Francis to not worry about their personal numbers, that the only thing important is winning. He gave love to Bonzi, Scola, and Steve Novak. What you think of as arrogance and condescension, I take for leadership, maturity, and the will to win. Thank God for TMAC on this team.

10. papsi2010

papsi2010 Member

yeah!! what did Steve say??

11. eedgejr

eedgejr Contributing Member

Best Post of the day IMO

12. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

Great post. I thought the interview reeked of toughness, intelligence, maturity, honesty and leadership. i am glad to have tmac here in houston. true superstar.

13. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

He will see the ball alright....just wont touch it

14. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

WHY is everyone being so damn negative shiet

15. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

True dat. Thanks for saying it so I did not have to.

16. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

Are you out of your mind? IF we get a pf we are a top 4 team. We are a top 4 team as is. Utah was the 4th team before the offseason they have done absolutley nothing while we have had the best offseason of any team in the league as said by espn.com.

If we add another good frontcourt man we could capapult into the top spot in the west. But I would not put it past this team to be there already. This roster has virtually no holes and we have gotten much better at every weakness we had before the offseason. We had the 4th best record last year I would say as is we are at lowest the 3rd best.

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

exactly. unless we really struggle to start the offense, i don't expect to see tmac at the top of the key running the damn pick and roll over and over seeing a tons of double teams.

remember, when mike james and sura were here 2 yrs ago, tmac was PHENOMENAL offensively in the 2nd half going into the playoffs.

i expect francis and james to take the load off of tmac and allow him to do what he does best => freaking score.

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

we truly need the #1 spot. i don't care if other teams think it's all about the playoffs. we need to play a weak team, get into the 2nd round, gain confidence, then whup ass.

19. scola

scola Member

Nice video. I really like when players truly speak their minds.

20. WNBA

WNBA Member

Utah did, by losing out Fisher.