1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great off-season so far, but anyone else worried about the TRUE ENEMY of the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OGKashMoney, Jul 19, 2007.

1. eedgejr

eedgejr Contributing Member

I second that. Though this has been a very productive off season there is no reason for outright rejoicing. The Wizards has done an amazing job at finding low risk/high gain plays and working within the cap. But there are a lot of unanswered questions on this team besides the dark injury cloud.

Is Scola ready ready for the big league?
    Is Wells in shape and on his best behavior?
    Is Battier the best at 3 for the Princeton system? (I think this is a one year experiment)
    Is there a ligit 3rd scoring option?
    Will PG rotation suffice for the lack of one strong player in this position?
    Is our depth one diminsional? (see Head and Novak)

#21 eedgejr, Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  2. Bald Puppet

Bald Puppet Member

Too much negativity. I feel like im in a Mavs or Spurs bbs...

3. Panda

Panda Member

Those are the what ifs that can be pinned on every great team. One can't do a thing in Disneyland if he worries too much, what if the wheel on the roller coster falls off? Stop worrying, enjoy the ride.

4. yaozzzi

yaozzzi Member

Josh Who???

5. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

only enemy is themselves

6. eedgejr

I call it realistic. We have made vast strides, but I don't think the team is quite elite. I would wager the wizard would say so if you asked him. We are going in the right direction. Long term who is the consistent 3rd option and how do we cope with our cap limitations. Who knows maybe that is Francis or Wells. But both those players are short term and worth a risk. Its not like we have a 6th man like Barbosa. Now if we miraclously got a player of Artest calibur (which I think is what we need to make it to the next level long term) then I would be shouting amen.

7. Coob5

Coob5 Member

We have the pieces, maybe even too many. We just need to be clutch in tough situations (Game 7's). We have all the pieces we need.

8. eedgejr

That's true of the Mavs

However, I doubt the organization would make such a boastful claim even after a successful off season.

#28 eedgejr, Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well, but isn't that true no matter WHAT we do in the offseason? Can you imagine a scenario where the Rockets can contend without either player in the playoffs?

If anything, this team is much, much more prepared for Yao/T-Mac to miss a few games in the regular season. One problem last year was that JVG rode his rotation players way too hard during Yao's absence. Now we have an overabundance of scorers, so the offense won't become pathetic if our superstars miss some games.

10. holyman2k

holyman2k Member

for that amount of money, if he just turn out during playoff we'll be happy

11. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

What I'm truly rejoicing is the fact that I no longer will be sitting in front of my television wondering who we are going to go to once Yao or T-Mac get tired or teams basically leave the other 3 players wide open to just collapse on Yao and double T-Mac even before he gets the ball. Now we have a happy Bonzi that we can go to. Now we have a rejuvenated Franchise to go to. Thats what I'm truly rejoicing. I know I'm putting the cart ahead of the horse, but come on, its time to celebrate. Just a few weeks ago, we were on here worried about a having no PF, pretty sure that the Bonzi experiment was a complete failure and wondering if the acquisition of Mike James was enough to provide us a legit 3rd option. Now we have a plug to cover the PF situation, we have a happy Bonzi that I'm pretty sure will be willing to get in shape b/c this time it was his choice to stay, and SF3 allows us to trade some of our guards for another PF. Its good to be a Rockets fan right now!

IT'S A CELEBRATION B*TCHES!

12. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

You know what this offseason reminds me of... Miami Heat before 2006. Stockpiling a lot of talent that many people questioned. New coach. Superstar perimeter and post players. TMac is not as good as Wade was then, but I think Yao is better than Shaq was then. Also dare I say our supporting cast is better...