1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Final moves to complete roster....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Jul 19, 2007.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Houston Trades

Rafer Alston
    Luther Head
    Bob Sura

Golden State Trades

Andris Biedrins
    Adonyle Foyle

---------------

Why Houston does it? For Andris Biedrins, of course. Young, tall, mobile, great rebounder, good shot blocker, nice, selective shooter.

Why Golden State does it? They lose Biedrins, but open up more playing time for Brandan Wright and they get out of Foyle's ridiculous contract.

Okay, who am I kidding, the Warriors would NEVER do the above trade. I'd just love to add Biedrins is all.

2. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I think you have to look at more flexibly, there's a lot of unknowns.....

Ming / Mutombo / Butler
    Scola/Battier/Hayes
    T-mac/Battier/Wells
    Tmac/Head/Francis
    Francis/James

That's 11 players already....and we still could use another 4. If that happens, expect Hayes to be bumped to the deeper end of the bench.

Rafer will be gone, or kept as insurance. Brooks, Novak may not get much time. Synder may need to be moved, he just doesn't fit anywhere.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

How much combined money are Snyder,Sura, Lucas n' Head worth in a trade?

4. eedgejr

eedgejr Contributing Member

The real question is can he pass well because it is required for the Princeton system. .

5. dram1

dram1 Member

Actually...Rafer to the Clippers for anything is pretty reasonable right now with their PG position in an unsure state (well they are sure Livingston won't be there for a while).

"Anything" doesn't mean somehting rediculous, but a 1st rounder would be nice. THey won't go for that alone...the'll need more.

6. firezh

firezh Member

Many other teams are in bad need of PG. However the ones we'd like to offer are not good enough to get something impressive, IMHO.

I will be fine if we can get some 1st round picks cuz ours will be below 26th next year. :)

7. toostupid

toostupid Member

Why Sura?
    The missing piece is a pure shooter actually, who shoots consistently.

8. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

O how tru

9. SupraJames

SupraJames Member

While Head's not a pure shooter, he does shoot 44% from 3ptland and is only entering his 3rd year. This is why I'm very hesitant whenever people bring up Luther's name in any trade scenario without taking into account his ability to spread the floor for Yao and Tmac to operate.

10. awhite

awhite New Member

Okay guys here's the final deal to end all the speculation. He's been mentioned before on the boards but not taken seriously because most don't think it's possible or haven't considered the impact it would have on our team.

Marcus Camby. Whether or not we can get him is the big question. But George Karl has indicated Denver has a definite need for more outside shooting and Denver has mentioned before that it wants to and might have to move Camby's contract ($10+ mil) to get under the cap. So we could swing the following easily:

Head (1.1 mil) + Novak (.65 mil) + Snyder (2.5 Mil) + Sura's Expiring Contract (3.8 mil) - We only have to come within 75% of the value of Marcus Camby's contract and we get:

1. Reigning Defensive Player of the Year Who Can Also Score
    2. 3.2 Blocks Per Game (Huge Stat) - Something Everyone has been missing
    3. 11.7 Rebounds Per Game
    4. 11.2 Points Per Game
    5. A Power Forward and A Center (Camby plays both well)
    6. Reduction of Our Roster by Net of 2 Players - solving another problem we have (+ Camby, - Head, -Novak, -Snyder)

Denver Gets:
    1. Novak and Head for Shooting
    2. 7.6 Million Deduction for Sura's Contract (including luxury tax)
    3. Snyder

I think secretely this is the deal Morey is really working to try to pull off but's not showing his hand to anyone other than the huge surplus of guards on our roster. But I think it is totally doable if Denver is really hard up to save money.

Then our roster looks like the following:

1 - James-Francis/Alston/Brooks
    2 - Tmac/Francis-James/Wells
    3 - Battier/Wells/Harris
    4 - Camby/Scola/Hayes/Reed-Butler
    5- Yao/Deke/Camby-Butler

Butler/Reed/Harris don't Dress unless injuries permit or matchups call for the change.

This would be a truly incredible combination that always creates a 5 on 5 game exept when Deke's in the game. It also gives us the option of having a scoring point or a passing point at any time while giving us the best defensive team in the league (Battier + Camby + Deke) while simultenously giving us the best or second best offensive team.

I don't think we could put together a better roster given what's truly possible.

What do you guys think?

11. drich

drich Member

trade expiring contracts for rasheed wallace not sure scola will adapt to the NBA. really don't want to loose out on the season because of a power forward who has a problem adjusting to the nba.

let scola come of the bench for the first year

sheed can shoot outside and play defense plus post up
    he is all we really need toyota center shouting SHEEEEDDD would be really nice

francis, james, brooks
    tmac, bonzi
    shane
    rasheed, scola
    yao

of course we wouldn't be as deep but really think it would put us over the top plus I really fill pistons will be wanting to move him after giving billups the money they gave him plus webber wanting to come back plus they are over loaded at power forward right now

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think the Pistons will give up Rasheed at all even if Webber wants to come back.

13. devin23

devin23 Member

James/Francis/Brook
    Mcgrady/Wells/Head
    Battier/Mcgrady/Wells
    Scola/????/Landrey
    Yao/Butler

14. holyman2k

holyman2k Member

Head/Reed for Foster maybe, i'll be very happy if we can pull that off

jh3, does anyone in the league want him to start with? he didnt play much, and when he was playing, he isn't all that good also he is very short, i'll be happy if we can off load him as a extra in a trade

rafer - maybe can get 2nd round, no one in the right mind will trade their 1 pick for a below average guard who can't really defend, shoot and average at organize

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Foyle is Damipier almost. little talent / big contract.

Id be happy if we could get Haslem with Alston + ?. Scary to think that Alston has so much trade value in this PG FA pool.

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Why do you want player that just rebound....don't we already have one in Chuck Hayes?? If you're smart...you shouldn't get the 1-dimensional player...you want a player that not just rebound but play offense too...play with heart hustle block defend...everything....getting a 1-dimensional player is not going to last long in this league...just ask Chuck Hayes.

17. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Haslem > Foster because he can score a little and rebound, whereas Foster just rebounds. I never would have concocted an Alston for Haslem trade in my wildest dreams, because I didn't Alston was worth that much, and because without Haslem Miami has virtually no one to play power forward. But if you guys think it could happen, I would be completely for it.

Just say no to Foyle.

18. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Putting Foster next to Yao is another mean for the other team to use his man to double Yao....my point is...STOP GETTING THESE 1-DIMENSIONAL PLAYER!!

Didn't we see enough and sick of it last year with Hayes' man going over and double Yao?? If you want to upgrade over Hayes....you should get a player that not only rebound but can kill you for doubling Yao.

19. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

GS wouldn't even include Biedrins in a deal that involes KG. What makes you think they are going to do it for ALSTON!

20. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Scola?? Hello..!!!!

But Im more in for Haslem.