1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Steve Francis returning to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, Jul 19, 2007.

1. htownclones

htownclones Member

I am sooooo shocked........... But now we have so many PGs that are shoot first???? we need to trade someone of these PGs.

2. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

me neither...its justa plus we got him back..but i would choose tmac over francis any day as much as i love stevie

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Another interesting quote:

So much for all that arm chair coaches that said Steve doesn't fit in Adelman's offensive. Well you just heard from the heads themselves and it seems as he does fit.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

It's funny that all the posters with Francis related monikers are extemely relevant again. :)

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm so giddy I can't stop checking out this thread and posting. I always thought Stevie was a nice guy who played w/ a lot of heart, the only problem is he couldn't take his blinders off. I don't think it was intentional selfishness, rather too focused to pay attention to the rest of his team.

He's been through a rough 2 years, and I think being back to the Rockets, humbled, and in his hometown where you know he'll get lots of love from the fans can really help him turn things around.

6. Jerson

Jerson Member

Wow!!!
    I can't believe it just happened!!
    What a sex Morey!
    Please get new season starting right now! :D :D :D

7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I'm relieved that the super bowl is not in Houston this season.

8. yaominn

yaominn Member

I think it's all started with the coming of coach A. if jvg still here, we would have the same team as last year

9. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Varges was pretty hard on Stevie on ESPN 97.5.

10. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

i think they just want to make sure weve gotten our fill before Rafer leaves. :p

11. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Welcome back Steve!

:D

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Good point. Doubtful Bonzi or Francis come here if JVG was still coaching.

13. Herb

Herb Member

I have always liked Francis but I like him even more now. Welcome back Francis!!!

14. Bald Puppet

Bald Puppet Member

I agree with this. Coach A is slowly molding a team that will rival the suns for most points scored by seasons end.

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Tell me about it. From March:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vSbM9InkCGk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vSbM9InkCGk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Yeah, his knees really look shot there. :rolleyes:

16. ebu

ebu Member

Good thing i still got my ROCKETS JERSEY for when he was here.....NOW I CAN WEAR IT AGAIN...THIS IS AWESOMEEEEE

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Jesus, I look away for a couple hours...!

I'm... not too sure about Steve Francis being back. I don't think he'll really disrupt team chemistry... we barely have any chemistry, unless you can define chemistry as "workmanlike professionalism (sorry, Bonzi)."

But Steve Francis has an annoying, damaging tendency to dominate the ball. Steve is a rather poor decision maker, ballhandler, set shooter, and he can't run a break. Before we traded for TMac, I was fairly pessimistic about the team because I believed we had reached our ceiling with Francis. I liked him, but I was happy to see him go and ELATED to get McGrady.

I don't know what Francis has left. I haven't seen him play in years. Despite my reservations, I applaud the deal. For one, it's insanely cheap. Second, Francis is an infusion of talent (perhaps not all-star talent, but talent nonetheless), and it's obvious that the team needs scoring talent. Third, the team has options. Francis isn't doing what he's supposed to? Yank him out of the game for Luther Head, Rafter, or even... yikes... Mike James.

That's what's best about this deal... it gives Adelman another option. Francis isn't an ideal fit here. He may not even be a GOOD fit. But he's not the entrenched starter being backed up by Moochie ****ing Norris anymore. He'll have to earn his minutes here.

For better or worse, welcome back, Stevie.

18. deshen

deshen Member

19. evo8jp

evo8jp Member

Hey so when are they goin to do the SIGNING!!! i want to be there and cheer him on like we did for TMAC!! :D :D :D

20. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

im willing to bet francis will be benched for aaron brooks just like he was benched for jameer nelson, mardy collins and nate robinson.