1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Morey: Francis-to-Rockets a "longshot" ([Fox] Rox have shot at Francis)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 17, 2007.

1. spysta

spysta Member

This is the part that makes me sad, even when steve signs we still have to keep rafer for at least another season till we really know what brooks can do on the big stage, with this in mind it looks like luther head is gonna be the odd man out which bothers me because he is sooo young and we need youth also other than that they might as well package up lucas and synder for some draft picks. I think adelman will like novak and get him time, im personally not to familar with novak, is he really as horrible of a defender as people make him out to be?

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

really? i think rafer is gone if steve signs. consider the PT.

shane (30mpg)
    tmac (36)
    steve (30)

james subs at the 1/2, bonzi subs at the 2/3. they each get 24 MPG off the bench.

there is no time for rafer or luther. though luther is cheap and adds shooting and depth. he may be kept, but rafer is surely gone in this situation.

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

Houston is a no-brainer for SF.
    If SF's choice is not Houston, he is an idiot.

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

That's the way I see it too. I wouldn't mind cutting back T-Mac's minutes a bit just to keep as fresh as possible for the playoffs.

5. anon3803

anon3803 Member

With the clippers, it'd be the mobley-francis show all over again. The scoring will be Francis, Magette, Mobley, then Brand. Cassell and Livingston shouldn't be hard to beat out considering Cassell's age and Livingston's injury, so Francis would get plenty of PT. You're also forgetting the Mobley factor. ;)

PT: LA > Miami > Houston > Dallas
    Scoring: LA>Houston= Miami > Dallas
    Houston: Home, possible contention
    LA: Mobley, $$, but not contenders for championship
    Dallas: Contenders for a championship, close to home
    Miami: He gets to play in the East and gets more $$.

6. spysta

spysta Member

good point, i just figured they would keep rafer because of the belief that he is the only "true point" but it probably doesnt matter I think at this point steve will be a pass first type of player anyway, especially if adelman tells him to.

Pat Riley said he refuses to over pay for low tier free agents, is it just me or is that a direct insult to steve and mo williams, that might be why mo resigned with the bucks. The fact that all he had to say is that there funds are limited but instead he said he wont over pay for low tier free agents is reason enough not to sign with miami. Plus they are old that championship 2 seasons ago will be there last for a while

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

IMO - Steve's thinking .................

Hmm, I'll sign 1 yr deal with Rockets with player option.
    Take starting PG spot on a Championship contender.
    (Hey, Adelman's not going to make me play defense!)
    That will force the Rockets to trade Alston or James.
    The market is tight for PG, so not hard to unload Alston.

Next year, I sign a 4 yr MLE deal. (unless the Rockets can go higher if he has an oustanding season? Is that how Bird rights work?) (Not saying the Rockets should, but this is the mind of Stevie)

I finish my career with the Rockets, where it all started.

--------------

If this comes to fruition, that means SF adapted to his role here for cheap and for the betterment of the team. I can accept this scenario.

8. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Rafer is the sticking point. If the Rockets can't find him a home, Steve signs somewhere else.

9. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Yes, of course it is my opinion and I am wrong very often when I make speculations. I thought it was obvious that I was merely taking a guess. However, some articles have made it sound that Steve is more concerned with having a significant role than I was assuming previously.

I agree that the Mavs don't have much room for him but I disagree with you about LA. He may not be the first option in terms of scoring in that scenario behind Brand, Mobley, Maggette, etc.. but with Livingston still recovering from that nasty knee injury and Cassell aging rapidly, LA has a PG ROLE available for him right now. Similarly, Jason Williams and Gary Payton are aging options in Miami which leaves Steve with a great opportunity to get some real minutes.

Houston has a host of players returning or that were just traded for or drafted to play the guard positions. I see this being a real factor in preventing "The Return of Stevie" from materializing.

10. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Doesnt matter,

for Francis it was all about "coming home."

Mobley anyone?

11. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

MOREY HAS SUPRISED US ALL AGAIN

This dude sets alot of smokescreens :D

12. BrooksBall

How so? Please be more specific.

13. spysta

spysta Member

ITS DOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEEE

THE FRANCISE IS OFFICIAL A HOUSTON ROCKET

YES YES

GO MOREY !!!!!!!!

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Considering how the draft and Scola deals went down, I'm not surprised. Morey has done a massive amount of work but he never shows his hand, would hate to play poker against him

15. username1

username1 Member

I hope Morey tells us that getting Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant will be longshots.... :D

16. BrooksBall

Are you serious? Where did you get this info?

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Maybe the sticky in this forum.

18. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Hahaha....I can only imagine the :confused: thoughts running through your head.

19. wybys

wybys Member

francis is back!!!
    i still can‘t believe it!
    i can type words now!
    i love morey!

20. PCMILLS

PCMILLS Member

According to the Chronicle, it's official:Steve Francis is back home!