1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What kind of Christian are you?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RichRocket, Nov 5, 2001.

?

What kind of Christian are you?

1. No kind

41 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. Born Again

11 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. Cultural Christian

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Protestant

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Catholic

10 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

RichRocket-

No, I don't believe that non-denomination is still considered Protestant. Non-deminational is non-denominational. Unless I've been missing something reeeeeeeeeally big lately..................

2. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

<b>RocketKid</b>: In my observation, most non-denominational is really former-denominational. That's why I say that. Even by calling itself "non-" anything it is defining itself in those terms.

#42 RichRocket, Nov 6, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2001
  3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

4. outlaw

outlaw Member

Laettner

5. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Without starting a new thread, how about a subpoll?

Do you attend church?

Here's my vote for "I watch the Sunday game instead".

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

<b>By "No Kind," I reallly meant people who had rejected Christianity -- not a catch-all category for Muslims, Hindus, Jews, et al.</b>

Rich, I'm not sure I follow this. I have not rejected Christianity as a legitimate religion, but I am not a Christian. Did you mean for this poll only to be answered by Christians or atheists? I answered "no kind" because I am not a Christian, however I have not rejected it as a legitimate <i>possibility</i>, just not my personal choice.

Anyway, I think I just got a little confused. :)

7. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I'm a Christian who drinks, swears, and ****s. I suppose that would make me "Lapsed".

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

No, that just makes you human. ;)

9. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

mc mark,

Exactly!

10. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

The poll was really only meant to see how people would identify themselves. Even if I had used all 10 available options on the poll tool, I doubt I could have created a poll to cover every contingency.

It was aimed at people who are Christian or are lapsed Christians, I guess you'd say. I didn't make that clear in the choices I made available.

Nevertheless, thanks for your participation. Maybe we can construct a more representative poll at some point down the road.

11. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am along time lurker in this forum, and I just wanted to say that life as a Christian is not as simple as calling yourself any of these things. It is living by faith in what the Word of God has given to us and that is to live life like His Son, and to proclaim that He is your Lord. It is not to condem or judge other people by their lifestyles even if it is not what God would like. Although I see nothing wrong with this poll. It is interesting to see how many people actually believe in the Christ.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I am a Catholic that doesn't go to church regularly, but do go once in a while.....I'm in long drought by the way....two months.

5:30 Mass on Sunday at St. Austin's rocked when i lived near campus. There was this priest there that gave the funniest homily. He sang "That's amore!" on Valentine's day. Anyone go to this mass in Austin?

13. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

No, that just makes me weak. Left to my own devices, I have an exceptional, natural tendency towards self-destruction.