1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Youtube] Stephon Marbury: "If you believe it, you can achieve it"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Jul 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Marbury makes Cassell sound like Shakespeare!
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6PLWvSqkDAU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6PLWvSqkDAU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. alaskansnowman

I loved every minute of that interview.

3. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Wow, what an interview.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

"Stephanie ... Stephon... Stephanie - that's my daughter name - we kept it in the family."

sweet Freudian slip right before he starts talking about kissing his sister... and an overall hilarious interview

6. DreamRoxCoogFan

hahaha- that interview was ridiculous... he needs to lay off the peyote.

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Hornacek is Cassell's favorite baller of all time? :(

8. Chronz

Chronz Member

lol right on

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is why I can't really fault the guy much. Well, if he's not on something anyway. He's not a great speaker and may not be a genius, but he's doing a lot of things to help out poor kids/people, and I have to give him credit for that.

10. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Yeah, meanwhile, you're busy throwing money at cars, and not getting much return on your investment :p

#50 tigermission1, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

man, I'd like to be similarly high on life. or ecstasy.

that was painful to watch. there's inarticulate guys out there sure, like half of all boxers. The stuff at the end was NOT anything about being inarticulate, I'm sorry :p just plain looney tunes, michael jackson-lite. the host seemed good natured about it at least. what can you do though when you're on live tv

i think it might be partly a product of being built as a basketball machine from a young age, similar to the hollywood child stars thing maybe. they're groomed to do one big thing and their sense of "reality" might be, well a little different. at least he is giving back and its genuine. Might be awkward in the regular and business world to be around him, but he's probably a guy the kids respond to greatly.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

My house and car are paid off... I get returns on my real investments. ;)

#52 Dr of Dunk, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  13. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Copycat ;)

14. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

did anyone see marbury on espn news just now??? he looked high again and did that stupid dance at the end....the host said something like "i dont know what to say to that..."

15. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Wow- lay off the Volcano Steph!

Funny as it was, I felt like Gregory Peck muttering "Oh...my...god" after watching that train wreck. For those unfamiliar with the host, he does work for NBAtv, which accounts for his remarkable professionalism in that circumstance; although I did like the passive agressive moment that slipped out with the cell phone/live tv comment.

I just wish Steph was afforded the 10 extra minutes he needed to answer the hard hitting questions at the end- we may have delved into an alternate, Crispin Glover/Letterman world of awkwardness.

16. Showtizzle2642

man i've seen this video about 5 times each with a different friend it just gets funnier every time