1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade V-Span to Spurs, acquire Luis Scola

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrieflySpeaking, Jul 12, 2007.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

You'd be better off reading the rest of thread. Answers to your questions are in here :)

2. tsunami

tsunami Member

500K is the max money an NBA team is allowed to pay a foreign team to to buy their player. That's the rule of the NBA, not just for Spurs.

3. Louis

Louis Member

And there's more

:D

THE SPURS are NOT going to REPEAT, Damn I hope TD leaves the SPurs

Yesterday, 09:11 PM #1
    Spurs Dynasty 21
    The Spurs MUST repeat in 08

Post Count: 724 THE SPURS are NOT going to REPEAT, Damn I hope TD leaves the SPurs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

withtout TD the Spurs are fukk1n dog ****

and despite surrounding him with bums he's blessed SA with 4 titles

and swear to God I would be PISSED if TD doesn't opt out, **** I hope he goes to the ******g Lakers and win titles with Kobe

Spurs fan "BuT BUT BUT we re-signed BONNER and VAUGHN"

people always sucking off Buford and Pop for being such a genius

when the reality is Pop got rid of then current coach when Duncan comes to the Spurs, rydes his coat tails to 4 titles and looks good all the way

think about it, without the FLUKE picks of Paker and Manu the Spurs have done ****king jack **** int he draft. That Scola pick turned out great

and you want to talk about free agen signing....... WHY ISN"T STEVEN JACKSON A SPUR???????? but we have "shows up every other week to play" Barry. Couldn't land Jermaine Oneal either. Could you imagine a front court of TD and JO? Spurs can't get ANYONE worth while in free agency except dinosaurs who want to get a ring.

Yesterday, 09:15 PM #5
    Spurs Dynasty 21
    The Spurs MUST repeat in 08

Post Count: 724 Re: THE SPURS are NOT going to REPEAT, Damn I hope TD leaves the SPurs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we GAVE SCOLA AND BUTLER AWAY FOR FREE

we got **** back in return for the best player in world NOT playing the NBA

TD should start demanding a trade, maybe cheap ass Holt will decide to spend some damn oney

Suns get better

Rockets get SCOLA

Spurs do ****

4. tsunami

tsunami Member

VSpan is a joke. I am happy he's gone. And actually Spurs don't want him either. And so it's obvious that Span will be released and play in Europe next season.

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

Lol. This was a fun read thanks for the post man. If Scola turns into a Gasol clone I say we put a curse of "the great scolabeano" on them. Getting a little ahead of oursleves. :)

6. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I don't know why some of them think that losing Scola would mean less championships.. weird. is he THAT good that he's some kind of an X factor?

7. herson713

herson713 Member

sup guys long time for me but ... great pick up in the draft and trade hopefully the roxs are not done.. I like the fact scola speaks spanish good for the city... helping out the city...I like brooks hopefully he can stay with cp3 not stop him but play good D on him...Scola Maybe he can grab loose rebounds (game freakin 7 vs Jazz) I think he can play wit PF in the west give some productive mins.. We have to look at the big picture if the roxs build there team to win the SW division there at the top of the NBA thas how it looks like there bulding the team. I dont wanna see SF back he can go wit his homegirl la la land..we need 6'7 6'8 player (matt Barnes) that plays team ball thas why the kings were so good they played team ball...

8. Louis

Louis Member

Scola is a damn good player!! we ass-raped the Spurs once again...

They think they're smart but in reality are a bunch of stingy mofos!

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I disagree with picking up Artest for Battier...Artest has turned into a ballhog to go along with being clinically insane. Battier's perfect for a deep team that has a couple of more scoring options in James, Wells and Scola. He can get after it on defense and hit open threes all at a reasonable salary. We're cooking, folks. A move they might consider is getting somebody like Corey Maggette...

10. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

yet they have 4 rings in the last 10 years while we have 0.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is a straight up steal!!!
    Hurray Morey!

12. Louis

Louis Member

13. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

they have 4 rings, we have zero.

plus, wasn't everybody excited when we signed vspan last yr?

i think scola will have more potential for the simple fact that he doesn't have a big ego like vspan thinking he's the next tmac. so i do think NOW it's a good deal.

but let's wait until he actually plays a game in the NBA.

14. cz4ever

cz4ever Member

Awesome trade... still rubbing my eyes and hitting the refresh button waiting for the "April Fools!" addition to the op!

Now we just need to unload some of our excess guards/contracts for future picks and call it good. I figure Deke gets a minimum vet contract, Hayes gets some of what's left of the MLE after signing Scola, and Landry gets a 2-year deal to sit at the end of the bench or hit the NBDL. Personally, I hope we stay far away from Francis. Not a bad offseason... what a pleasant change!

15. Louis

Louis Member

MORE WHINING! :D

Yesterday, 07:46 PM #59
    timvp
    Bonner's Sky Hook

Re: Luis Scola & Jackie Butler GONE?!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FromWayDowntown

If you're right, then the move makes much more sense to me. As I understand things, the clock is ticking on Scola's NBA availability and it seems obvious that the Spurs aren't willing to meet whatever demands Scola has for leaving Tau. If all of the foregoing is true, then the chances are pretty good that Scola won't be in the US for at least another year or two and the Spurs have now been able to get at least something useful -- some breathing room and a bit of roster flexibility -- for his rights.

The problem is that Butler's trade value was higher than a second round pick. Scola's trade value should have been a lot higher than a second round pick. Yet the Spurs packaged them together for a second round pick. And the Spurs are still stuck with Beno, who is the worst contract on the team.

I see nothing good about this trade. The Spurs basically salary dumped a guy on a one year contract for less than half the MLE.

Worst trade in franchise history.

Yesterday, 07:47 PM #62
    Aggie Hoopsfan
    Free Throw Coach

Pop.
    R.C.
    Linsey
    Holt

All cheap ****s, all sellouts.

This is the ****tiest trade in Spurs history. **** 'em all.

Yesterday, 07:54 PM #80
    timvp
    Bonner's Sky Hook

The Spurs just got owned by the Rockets spy aka Dennis Lindsey. His girly last name should have been a clue.

Scola and Butler for a second round pick. I seriously can't believe this. There were many ways to save money and open up a roster spot, this wasn't one of them. And you do it with the Rockets?

Yao and Scola is going to be a deadly front court. Butler backing up Yao?

Holy crap wtf the Rockets just owned the Spurs ugly style.

Yesterday, 07:57 PM #91
    objective
    Believe.

this is the worst trade in Spurs history during my lifetime.

1. Don't trade BOTH Butler and Scola for a 2nd rounder

2. Don't trade within the conference

3. Don't trade to freaking Houston who is desperate for a PF. If Butler doesn't work out, Scola sure as hell will.

DISGRACE.

Yesterday, 08:19 PM #148
    Kori Ellis
    Witness This!

When Mahinmi turns out better than Butler + Scola combined, then y'all will be singing a different tune.

16. Louis

Louis Member

Actually 2 1/2

1999* and 2007**

* Tainted lockout shortened season

** Mavs choke job in the first round didn't get to play the Spurs and the league costing the Suns the series against the spurs with the suspensions

17. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Scola can Defend Boozer

18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Love the trade, I really like the fact that we picked up Jackie Butler who I hope replace Mutumbo. I know we all love what Mutumbo brings on defense and defensive boards.

However, as stated previously, he gives us nothing on the offensive end with endless number of pump fakes on 6'0" point guards. I don't see the Rockets resigning him or hayes at this point.

Bottom Line: Adelman is seeking big men who can put the ball in the hole.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hayes will be resigned. Morey has all but confirmed it. Mutombo is less likely, though.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

Hayes is a better player than Butler at either the 4 or 5.