1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I went to see Dennis Miller last night

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hydra, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Hydra

Hydra Member

He was even better in person, if that is at all possible. They had some local Achipella(sp?) group that sang stupid songs like Footloose and the Lion Sleeps Tonight, as well as one of my all time least favorites, Under the Boardwalk. They tried to be funny but it was pretty sad. Dennis was fantastic though. The usual topics for stand-up jokes were covered, the plane trip, the hotel, etc. But the substance of the jokes was original and contemporary. Once he started into the language thats makes his show so famous, some of the old folks in the audiance decided to leave. He said that he really liked Bush, because he seems like he will stand by his word, even if that word is misunderestimate. He also said maybe we should just send some of the Raider nation over to scare bin Laden out of his caves. Some political commentary was made, but he got a big reaction for it. Finally a great pro-choice joke:

A judge ruled that anti-abortion protestors could not block the doorways to abortion clinics. The might seem a little hypocritical when they try to fight the decision by saying who the **** is the government to tell me what to do with my own body.

I thought it was funny and I'm on the other side. Anyway, I had a great time and I suggest that anybody go see him if you get the chance.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Blasphemy!

<i>Under the boardwalk
    Down by the sea...yeah...
    On a blanket with my baby
    Is where I'll be....</i>

How much were tickets? Dennis Miller sounds like an expensive show...

3. Hydra

Hydra Member

About 40 per actually. Not a huge deal like courtside seats or something, actually about what Warriors tickets would cost with the same view.

4. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

We are going to see George Carlin next Sunday for our anniversary. Excited. Who do you think is more foul-mouthed: George or Dennis?