1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who wants to make a bet with me that RocketsPimp and Rockets03 have never been to NYC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman95, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

And you, obviously, completely missed my point.

I 'called you out' because you have no right to tell someone they shouldn't give their opinions in a thread. Pure and simple. And this topic being dead goes far beyond just this thread. I'm sure you, having posted in most of them, realize that.

And, much like someone else pointed out to you, I'm not exactly crying about your concerns. Whether or not you care about what I think means about as much to me as watching a dog sh*t in the park. :rolleyes:

Glad we cleared that up. So...anyone like the Houston Rockets?

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I kind of like mine better. :D

3. The Voice of Reason

Manny, please dont be an ass. im sure you love the yankees, but its just a game. I dont live in houston, i have never been there, i am a rockets fan, and you cant stop me.

as far as these guys and the yankees. i am a newyorker(LI actually) and i give up my yankee fan rights to these 2 guys. and do you wanna know why i now cant bring myself to root for my once beloved yankees(yes back in the reggie jackson years) Its because i Freakin hate Yankee fans more that I hate the frikin terrorists.

damn I dont know which is more ignorant and pig headed.

Edit.. Im not just pickin on you Manny, but its your posts that made me respond. I hate all yankee fans

4. Timing

Timing Member

Damn... the Yankees got their asses KICKED. Tomorrow night should be fun.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

VOR,
    Agreed. Yankee fans are obnoxious and I guess I have a hard time dealing with that. I just don't see how it can be any fun to root for a team that has won so much like they have. It would get boring after a while.

And to the crime donkey: you must care because you posted a response back, didn't you?? I would say some more things, but there's no need...I just wanted to point that out.

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

thanks Manny for making a broad, vague, generalized statement and changing my opininion of you completely!!!!!

simply put, I want the Yankees to win the Series. Please dont read too deep into this. When two teams play each other, sports fans tend to root for one over the other.

A person has the right to pull for any team they want without having to rationalize or justify to some BITTER people on the BBS.

and it is very simple to root for a winning team, especially one that wins so many titles like the Yankees. Its called being a FAN. A REAL FAN pulls for his team through thick and thin, winning or losing. Yankees fans pulled for the Yankees when they were losing in the 80s and 90s, and they were just as die hard then as they are now.

AND THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD IS ABSOLUTELY ABSURD AND RIDICULOUS,(but its a good thing I live in New York CIty)

I LOVE NEW YORK
    GO YANKEES

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Sure Manny. I bet you would have a real problem with rooting for the Rockets or even better yet, the Red Sox, if they had 20+ World Championship's under their belts and were still kicking a$$!
    Go ahead. Keep convincing yourself that winning is boring.

:rolleyes:

8. Band Geek Mobster

This...

Followed by this...

Uh...:rolleyes:

Oh yeah and Red Sox fans that tell people when they can or can't post in a thread aren't obnoxious either...

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Just a couple of points and I swear that I will not post in this thread again:

across110thstreet: you live in New York, so I would be surprised if you weren't a Yankee fan. The whole meaning of this thread before it denigrated into something else was that there are 2 people here who have been very obnoxious about the Yankees winning when they have never been to New York. It's like RocketsPimp and R0ckets 03 (although Pimp explained his history of being a Yankee fan) liked other baseball teams, but when they saw like everyone else how f***ed up baseball is, they jumped on the bandwagon. It's bad enough to put up with a bandwagon fan, but an obnoxious bandwagoner??!! I can't speak for Rocketman95, but my guess is that he knows RocketsPimp and he's probably disgusted with him for liking the Yankees instead of the Astros or another local Texas team.

RocketsPimp: so you are not a bandwagoner, well bully for you. You can deny it all you want, but baseball is in serious trouble. Look at the TV ratings..sure they are okay for the World Series this year, but they were terrible last year and the regular season ratings sucked as well. People, or at least most people, get tired of seeing the same teams over and over in the playoffs or in anything. Yes, if the Red Sox were doing like the Yankees, I would be happy but I wouldn't get mad if people were complaining about them always being in the World Series because I know people like variety. That is why I think it is boring to be a Yankee fan. Reminds me of a spoiled little rich kid who never had to work for a damn thing his whole life because everything was given to him. He might think that is a great way to live, but it's more admirable to me to see someone have to work for something and be able to achieve it than see them get handed things. With the way the Yankees can outbid teams, even the Red Sox, there's no way any team can compete with them on a payroll basis.

It will be interesting to see how many jump off the bandwagon if the impossible happens and that is Schilling winning tonight. My guess is that the Yankees will find some cheap and lucky way to win.

BGM: What's wrong with being obnoxious?? If you have lived through the nightmares that I have as a Red Sox fan (Buckner, 13 straight postseason losses, losing to the yankees in the ALCS thanks to questionable calls) then I say that you would probably be a little cranky, too, sometimes. Plus, it can be good for you to let off some steam.