1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 trade ideas for a PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drpepper, Jul 3, 2007.

1. yo

yo Contributing Member

Another ridiculous trade thread.

Another, unload our baggage for their starter(s), thread.

:rolleyes:

2. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Foster doesn't have good scoring numbers. He can rebound and play defense but you won't get any scoring out of him. You get him if your team needs rebounds but in today's league you want scoring from all your position players. Foster won't get it done there.

PPG 4.3 RPG 8.10 APG 0.8 EFF + 11.13

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

3 PF Trade Ideas:

1) Trade w/Portland: Raef LaFrentz & rights to Rudy Fernandez for Shane Battier (who they have coveted), Bob Sura and filler (Snyder & JL3).

2) Trade w/Chicago: Joachim Noah, Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Chris Duhon & Kirk Hinrich for Tracy McGrady & Luther Head. Chicago can then use MLE for Darko or for a PG like Steve Blake (or a S&T for Nocioni for a PG).

3) Trade w/Detroit: Rasheed Wallace for Shane Battier, Rafer Alston & Vasillis Spanoulis. Detroit deep at PF & PGs needed as Hunter likely to retire.

*Picks may be added to the above as required.

MLE Options:

1) Darko Millicic
    2) Amir Johnson
    3) Travis Outlaw

*Chris Webber is fallback option

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

2 More PF Trade Options:

1) Trade w/Denver - Linas Kleiza for Luther Head
    2) Trade w/New York - David Lee & Jared Jeffries for Shane Battier & Luther Head (Zeke wants perimeter shooting)

*Picks may be added if necessary

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trade with Bobcats for Sean May.

Other 4/5s that may be moved this offseason
    Raef LaFrentz
    Nene
    Kendrick Perkins
    Amir Johnson

6. edsky17sion

edsky17sion Member

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I still want Okafor although my Okafor crush took a huge turn for the worse the second they traded Brandan Wright for J-Rich. Now, they're somewhat loaded with 2/3's with Gerald Wallace likely to be re-signed. No use for Battier, Head and picks, right? :(

I'd still take a low risk shot at Herrman or May. Hard to imagine then giving up Herrman easily though. He was basically this year's Andres Nocioni and averaged something like 20 PPG for the month of April. That's a hell of an accomplishment for anybody playing for the Bobcats.

Maybe that leaves May as the odd man out? I've always been a huge fan of May for the same reasons I was all about taking a shot at Big Baby. Their frame/size, while can be detrimental, also puts them in a unique position. Since most interior players are of the finesse mold, it's rare anymore to see players capable of using their size to simply overpower people. May is an absolute beast inside.

He's very skilled offensively and has some range on his jump shot now. Very intelligent player that see's the court well and knows how to get to the line. Shoots high percentages and knows how to put up big numbers whenever called upon. The problem? Injuries.

Charlotte is thin at PG. I think given May's shaky up & down career that an offer of Head/JLIII for May straight up makes some sense for both teams. I know i'd do this in a heartbeat.

8. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Clutch, Shouldnt this be in the random trade thread, since there is no substance to any of these deals. No articles supporting these crappy trades, just one guys opinion. Lock. Return to reality.

9. bushi63

bushi63 Member

camby just came off a ridiculous season and was a huge part of denver winning.. theres prolly little to no chance that they would trade him away for a bunch of scrubs. jeff foster is simply not worth rafer and luther head.. especially if there were talks of gettin head for Ike.

10. RedRowdy111

What are you a Nuggets troll, lets give all of our role players to a Western conference team to help fill their holes, so they have a complete team...that sounds like a off-season priority for the Rockets. At least the Head for Cook trade has articles backing up the rumor...urs are just fantasy land!

11. AMD

AMD Member

I really like the idea of signing Sampson and Johnson the best. Camby would be a good pick-up but I don't think that the Nuggets would be willing to give him up. And Foster is a hard-nosed player but I don't think he could help us that much. When you think about us having a bunch of PGs and the Pacer having a bunch of PFs, a trade sound intriguing but I really don't think they have a PF we would want.

12. edsky17sion

edsky17sion Member

I have a deal, give me your thoughts

Miami
    out
    James Posey Re-sign $7,500,000+
    Antoine Walker $7,606,820
    Jason Williams $8,250,000
    second pick of 2008

in
    Corey Maggette $7,000,000
    Shane Battier $5,393,300
    Mike Bibby $12,500,000

The lineup just looks better.

Rockets
    out
    Shane Battier $5,393,300
    Bob Sura $3,840,000
    Vassilis Spanoulis $1,800,000
    John Lucas $700,000
    Bonzi Wells $2,115,000 or Kirk Snyder $1,537,440

in
    Ron Artest $7,526,316
    Anderson Varejao sign and trade 7m+
    second pick of 2008 from Miami

We have our Starting PF and a backup C, other starting PF and starting SF

Sacramento Kings
    out

Ron Artest $7,526,316
    Mike Bibby $12,500,000

in
    Jason Williams $8,250,000
    Antoine Walker $7,606,820
    ???? Ask Huoston for Head????

Just want to dump Ron and Bibby, probably ask some teams for 1st round.

Cleveland Cavaliers

out

Anderson Varejao sign and trade 7m or less.

in

Bob Sura $3,840,000
    Vassilis Spanoulis $1,800,000
    Bonzi Wells $2,115,000 or Kirk Snyder $1,537,440

Cleveland can do a other trade with Bucks for Mo Williams. cut first two players for extra 5.6m

Los Angeles Clippers
    out
    Corey Maggette $7,000,000

in
    James Posey sign and trade 7 m and plus.

Corey is going to be replaced by Al Thornton in any way.
    Los angels has a chance to get a player which has better D and plausible Offense.

I think it is a good deals for all the teams and the real GMs cand do the salary matching.

13. Barkley

Barkley Member

^^ Miami would definetly win in that trade

14. RedRowdy111

why dont you put ur random trade ideas ....in the random trade thread?

15. edsky17sion

edsky17sion Member

Then ask them for 1st round

16. rocketsfaninsa

1. That trade for Camby is a good idea. He would be an awesome PF next to Yao, he's very versatile for a big man. He also is a GREAT rebounder. I would hate to be the team rebounding against us w/ Mutumbo and Camby in at the same time if Yao is in foul trouble.

2. Horrible trade. Alston or Head by themselves would be a great trade, but not both of them. Too much going out, only rebounds coming in.

3. Amir Johnson IMO would be one of our best cases at this point for PF. I know, potential only right now, but he is gonna be a good player. DO IT

17. drich

drich Member

stop crying and telling. if u look there is no random trade thread available right now if you don't like it stop reading it no reason to try and get it locked how old are you?

18. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

I'll take #3. It's good to see someone else get on the Sampson band wagon. I was starting to get lonely.

If Detroit is determined to keep Amir, we might be able to work a trade for McDyess, which would allow them to resign him. How about?

Alston/Head for McDyess

or

Alston/Snyder for McDyess

19. RedRowdy111

28, and this thread sucks

20. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Then why don't you start acting like it?