1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be better K. Martin or E. Griffin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alley-oop, Nov 1, 2001.

1. alley-oop

alley-oop Member

These were two of the best college shot blocking pf the last two years. Who will be better in the next few years? I belive Martin has the body and the talent, but can't stay off those crutches. EG has the talent but is a bit thin, so is KG. He is very young which should give him more time to adjust to the NBA game.

Just a quick question
    If before mid season EG looks really good not great and Webber and Mcdysse are allstar calliber. The Rockets are getting killed inside with no inside scoring and this is our only weak link. Tickets sales are down. Do you trade EG *future* for Webber or Mycdysse *now* to make a playoff run?:confused:

Ofcourse it may take more than EG but he would be the main guy and CW, AM value could drop if they showed their unhappiness.

Always look ahead and prepare for the future but don't lose focus and pay close attention to the now:rolleyes:

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

It don't matter.

We got The Cato-mic Bomb.

3. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Ask us in three to five years and we'll give you an answer.....:)

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Who will be better K. Martin or E. Griffin?

You're posing this question to a Rocket BBS?

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I guess he is...

E. Griffin!

:)

6. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Kenyon Martin is undersized with a questionable offensive game.

Eddie Griffin is not, and has the makings of a very good offensive game.

My opinion only, of course.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You are not alone Puedlfor,but I think it will take 2-3 years for Griffin to develop as an all round offensive player.

8. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Didnt Kenyon average over 20 ppg his final year in college? In that year didnt he show a nice outside touch ( Midrange jumper). His first year in the pros didnt he average double digits? Has Griffin even been given the opportunity to get double digits?

I think as it stands....at least for now....I have to say Kenyon looks like more the lock.

9. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

eg for dice? lol. comeon now.

10. MManal

MManal Member

I have always been on record as saying that I thought Kenyon Martin was overrated and would be a good but not great NBA player. Griffin, on the other hand, I feel will develop into a stud. Griffin's game is very similar to that of Rasheed Wallace, however Griffin is a better shot blocker and hopefully doesnt develop the technicals issue and such. Griffin is very capable of scoring from many areas on the floor, both inside and outside, can rebound and can block shots. He'll need to get adjusted to the NBA and fill out some before he can show his full array of skills on a consistent basis at this level. Btw, has anyone noticed that Stromile Swift has gotten the starting position in Memphis and is playing much better?

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

In the first three games this year KMart is averaging 10 pts, 4 boards and 1 block in 33 minutes of play a game.

With the exception of points Eddie is averaging almost the same numbers in about 11 minutes of play a game.

Last year KMart avg'd 11 pts, 7 rebs and 1.5 blocks a game in about 33 minutes a game. He just does not seem like much of a lock to me at this point. He may yet turn into a great player but he needs to turn it on before I'm convinced. I do think he will be a solid pro but I just don't see superstardom in his future.