1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Homeless people: Let 'em rot.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Fatty FatBastard, Jun 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Fatty FatBastard

So I'm in midtown this past eve. And I went to grab some smokes. On my way, a guy gave me a hardship story, as I was walking. (they tend to follow you), so I gave him 10 bucks. I go out two houirs later and the same guy comes up to me with zero recognition. Plus I get two more. I give them a buck a piece and leave 'em be.

As I've stated before, I don't drive anymore, so I'm walking back to my boys place frome a club. Two more miscreants ask me for something. I've had it. I say "no."

Unfortunately, when I get to my guys house, I'm out of cigs, so I have to go buy some. I give some new shmuck a dollar.

Here's the kicker, I live about a mile away from my friends house, and I choose to walk home. I actually had some change (75 cents) from my ciggy venture. I had THREE separate homeless people yell at me on FAIRVIEW! All asked for change, then a cig, then change, then change again. As in if I said no the first time, suddenly I become God-like and it appears. OF THE EIGHT OR MORE I GAVE SOMETHING TO, none thanked me, they all asked for more after I gave them something.

As a native-born Texan, it always astounded me why Yankees ignored people on the street. Now I understand. And that is a damn shame.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why do you assume they were homeless? Hell, next time I see you walking late at night on Fairview, I'm hitting you up for that $10.

damn!

3. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

LOL. I think Fatty FatBastard is the reincarnation of Bill Hicks. He has an almost identical rant about homeless people.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

most homeless people aren't homeless i hear

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i once killed a drifter to get an erection.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Late one night a bum was begging at a stop light so I was going to give him some change -- as I started rolling down the window I got an extremely bad vibe. I quickly rolled up the window and hit the gas running the red light. He chased after my car and I heard a weird grinding against the metal by the door then a 'thunk' -- I thought that was the end of it and drove home. When I got out of the car I saw a single large bloody hook hanging from the rear passenger door handle.

7. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/534192/southpark_homeless.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/534192/southpark_homeless/">Southpark Homeless</a> - <a href='http://www.metacafe.com/'>The funniest movie is here. Find it</a></font>

8. crackhead

crackhead Member

Let me tell all you i've been homeless for multiple stretches and it is no picnic. If I'd been out there all day (after day after day) with no real way to get my life or my mind sorted out I'd want a ****ing drink, or some heroin, or something. If you refused me your spare change because in your wisdom you thought it better that I buy a sandwich with it, I would want you to die.

9. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Don't be a hater.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I used to give out cash to homeless...now, after 2 years of living in Boston, I dont even notice bums asking for change. And if I do, I have no problems telling them "nope". I will now be able to retire 3 years earlier.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

There's a lot of space between "let 'em rot" and giving them ten bucks. If you don't want to give them money, don't. If you give them money when you don't want to, don't b**** about it to us. That's just silly.

And comparing Fatty to Bill Hicks is like comparing Carrot Top to Richard Pryor. Bill Hicks was funny.

12. Fatty FatBastard

And mostly you post simply to offend. Jeez, get a girlfriend, or whatever it is that's making you unhappy.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I have an awesome girlfriend and I'm very happy. I just happen to be a really big fan of your threads and I want to be a part of them. I'm also trying to help you out. If it bums you out to give away about $20 in a night to ungrateful homeless people, try not doing it. It totally works.

14. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I think giving money on the street is the worst thing anyone can do.

I never do it, and I don't feel bad about it, and I think that people who do give money on the street are creating an annoyance for all of us. It's sort of like feeding the animals at the zoo. You don't do it.

Why? Because one...the fact that people give money on the street is why there is homelessness. Yes. Everytime you give anything to a homeless person, you are creating a sustainable lifestyle. The net result is ALL of us have to deal with your "genorosity" by having to deal with homeless people bugging us for money now. Not only that, but you're encourging people to act in a dehuminizing manner and lower themselves to you. Asking for money on the street is degrading.

You should have givent that money to a soup kitchen, or a charity that helps homeless people get OFF the streets. Or better yet, volunteer your time.

But giving money on the street is giving into some idea that appeasing your guilt makes the world better. it doesn't, it makes it worse for everyone.

Good intentions can have a bad result. Remember, don't feed the animals!

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I never give money to beggers because I know for a fact that that money goes straight to booze or drugs. I have my own drug problem, thanks.

Some homeless people have severe mental health issues. Typically these folks can find help, but some don't want to. They're off their medication. I have great sympathy for these people, but giving them ten bucks ain't close to helping them. A great deal of "homeless" people are junkies. Plain and simple. I'm way too poor to buy their fix for them.

Once, a guy asked me for some money for the bus to get across town. Little did he know that I ride the bus every day. I offered him my all-day pass. Gee, for some reason he didn't want it. Huh.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man,

I gotta deal witha bunch of homeless people every freaking day shaving and showering in the restroom.

When I go to lunch and stuff sometimes, this dude asked me for a buck. I gave it to him. I see him later in the afternoon, and he ask me for a buck, not realizing that I already gave him one. I said I gave him one earlier this day. And dude still asked for one.

I've stopped giving out change. I've seen them enough to know which one is a drunked up person who isn't getting help, and ones that are pretty hungry.

The ones that annoy me the most are the ones at Wal-Mart or whatever shopping center asking me for gas money. That pisses me off.

At this Wal-Mart I was at, some lady was driving around in a minivan with her daughter. She said that her daughter was pregnant and had no money, and needed donation.
    That was a pretty good one.

17. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

My grandpa taught me a thing we call "foreign stare", when people say something to you that you don't want to answer, I ****ing play that face on them like I don't speak english like I'm from France or something, works great.
    You gotta peer your eyes then softly and slowly lip sync gibberish while very slightly shaking your head horizontally. An art indeed.

18. heypartner

Knowing BJ and FFB personaly, and seeing them when they first met each other...I can safely say that BJ's GF is awesome for all who wonder.

OK, so did I say that both BJ and FFB have told me what they think about each other?!

that part is pretty funny. If you had ANY IDEA what I'm talking about ... I have small college experience afterall...you all DO NOT KNOW how funny this is. You have to be IN THE KNOW to fully laugh at this.

CD sucks, btw.

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

What does Carroll Dawson have to do with this?

20. heypartner

you have NO IDEA!