1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Double Double?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dave Jamerson, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

I know it is the first 2 games of the season, but you guys think there is anyway Stevie could come close to average double digit rebounds for the season? I don't think a PG has done since Oscar, that'll definetely get him in the starting lineup for the all-star game

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Kobe is a lock to make it as long as he remains healthy. At least Kidd is out of the picture, but Steve will have to beat out the following:

Marbury
    Payton
    Finley
    Stockton
    Jason Williams
    Van Exel
    Szcerbiak
    Stoudamire

Note that I did not say or infer that any of these players are better than Francis. This is simply a list of the players that will more than likely garner a lot of votes due to their history (Stockton, Payton), all around game or popularity. It is also important to note that all of the above will be playing to at least 15-18 thousandhome fans most every night while Francis will be playing in front of 10-12 thousand.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If he's lucky! :(

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Francis in my opinion will end up with around 9 rebounds a game.

5. DLS

DLS Member

In any case, the coaches pick the backup players right?(everyone except 5 starters?)

IMHO he will go this year.

:rolleyes:

6. AT

AT Member

I don't see anyone on that list that is as strong across the board as Steve.