1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team Defense....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WoodlandsBoy, Nov 2, 2001.

1. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

All the talk during the offseason of the new Rockets run and gun offense seems to have change to the great team defense shown in the first two games. Has Rudy's D strategy changed from the past? He was never a big believer of the team defense (ie double teaming, working together on pick and roll D). I think the new rules allowed Rudy T to coach with a defensive mindset. R we turning into this years 76ers. It is tough to watch but we have had great results so far.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

What has changed is Francis and Mobleys committment to defense. I mean last year you could always see Cat and Winks men wide open or just driving past them. This year they are bodying up like crazy, they are trying to prevent their men from even getting the ball. And if they do get the ball they are trying to keep them outside instead of driving past them. I know the Hawks and Cipps dont have good guards to begin with, but we shall see their committment to d when Terrell aka Jordan comes to the laptop tomorrow nite.

3. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

"Terrell aka Jordan"???? Ummm.. did I miss something or do I just need to hit the crack pipe too?

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You just need an excuse to hit the crackpipe dont you? ;) If Cat can provide Terrells stats against us you will see. Brandon, since he has been with the Twolves has constantly put up big numbers against us.